Now what??

Elizabeth1019

Reaction score
I have a hard time making friends. All of my friends are usually someone I met through my SO, sister, etc. I introduced myself to my new neighbor. It's been about 2 weeks. Now what? Do I just pop in? How do I really start a conversation with her? I don't know anything about her. I know I'm not the only one in this dilemma. I stopped by my SO friend's house the other night to pick up something. His wife was there. We chatted and I left. SO went over last night and the wife said she didn't know what to say to me when I was there.

It just seems this should be easier!! But I struggle so much with making friends. I've tried online and reconnecting with those I've lost touch with, but I just can't keep the friendship going!! I am so frustrated with it all. My SO is really annoyed by this because all I do is stay home and never talk to anyone except my mom. No one ever comes to see me. It's sad. I'm afraid it'll get worse now that I'm pregnant.

Can you join any clubs? do you have any hobbies? can you go for mummy coffee mornings?

Once you start a conversation and people find that your friendly, they'll warm to you :) i was afraid that when i had LO that'll i wont have the same friends anymore - luckily, i met some mummy friends through netmums and BnB.

I sometimes find that people are scared to make the first move but once you start making the effort, people will then start building a friendship with you. Hope this helps and as for your neighbour maybe say a friendly hello when you see them around?

i agree about the clubs. My mum teaches card making and the ladies who go there have made amazing friendships - they dont even bother making cards anymore they just go to drink tea eat biscuits and gossip its lovely!

I hope you figure something out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"