Now WTT after Methotrexate i'm gutted! Anyone else?

cazi77

Mummy to my 2 girls x
Reaction score
I'm so gutted got to have Methotrexate as I have hcg levels that arn't moving 166,151,157 so they are unsure if ectopic. If I look for the positives there is a good chance my tube will be saved and i'm only 26 so 3 months out of ttc is not too bad. Also I had m/c in dec and started ttc straight away again so have had no time out in the last year so maybe 3 months maybe good to re-charge my system.

I'm still disappointed though would have loved to ttc again straight away!! Roll on 14 Aug!!

So sorry for your losses :hugs: There are a couple of us who had methotrexate shots in March that are in the WTT phase. After the roller coaster of the m/c, the shot, and waiting for my levels to come all the way back down, I was kind of relieved to have a couple months where I wouldn't have to worry about trying again. I am just shy of 2 months past my shot, and I am looking forward to starting to try again next month.

Fingers crossed that everything works out for you!

Like Michelle said, there are a few of us on here that had the shot in March. It stinks to think about how you have to wait 3 months to ttc again, but, let me tell you that the time flies by! DH and I will be starting to ttc again in June and we are super excited. Keep your head up! Your 3 months will fly by! Xx

I agree with JPARR and Michelle! There is a great group of us going through this post-methotrexate wait. So sorry you are going through this now, cazi, but we will be here to support you! And it does go by pretty quickly. My HcG started at ~3900 so it took about 5-6 weeks to them to drop to zero, I got my first AF somewhere in there, and now I'm almost into month 3 of waiting and can start trying in June. xoxo

I'm going for my 1st blood test tomorrow after the injection on sat. my HCG was only 157 to start with so fingers crossed it won't take too long to get to zero. Do you bleed much or have and pain coz i've had nothing and its been 3 days? Also why do you have to dring 2 - 3 litres of fluid a day? i'm going to the toilet more than ever! Thanks for your help xxx

I think everyone is different with bleeding after they get the shot. My bleeding did not stop until April 12. I bled from Feb 28- April 12. There were like 2 or 3 days in there with no bleeding though.

I am not sure about drinking 2-3 lit of fluid a day, I was not told to do that.

I did not have any pain after having the shot, just bleeding. xx

I didn't have any pain immediately after the shot. However, I got pretty severe bleeding and cramping starting Day 8 after the shot and lasting about a week. Not gonna lie, it was bad for me. I think it had to do with the fact that I was on progesterone and had built up a pretty thick uterine lining throughout the pregnancy (I didn't get my shot until I was about 7w3d and my HcG was ~3900). As my HcG started falling and I stopped the progesterone, it causes the body to start shedding the uterine lining like a period. So that was when the bleeding/cramping kicked in.

I don't mean to scare you but that was my experience. I think b/c you starting off with a much lower than HcG you should probably be in better shape. Anyway, hang in there! Hope your HcG starts to fall at the next blood draw!

Also, I wasn't told to drink extra fluids. I did stop pre-natals and avoid high folic acid foods (spinach, etc.) b/c they can prevent methotrexate from working.

Like JPARR said, I think its different for everyone. FWIW, I started bleeding before getting the shot, and they thought I was just going to miscarry naturally. A week later, the bleeding stopped and my hcg levels stopped going down, they were around 800 or so at that point, so then they decided to give me the shot. I started bleeding again a few days after the shot and that lasted a little over a week. I didn't have any pain, just cramps that weren't much worse than cramps I would normally get with my period. My FS told me to stop taking my prenatal, not take ibuprofen and not to drink any alcohol for a few weeks after the shot.

Good luck with your blood test tomorrow! Sometimes it takes a little bit for the shot to kick in and the levels to start dropping. I was told that sometimes levels even go up before starting to come down after the shot. Hopefully your levels will come down quickly.

Thanks for all your help. Started with some cramps and bleeding today. Got the results of my 1st blood test and the levels have gone down from 157 to 138 so really pleased. xx

Glad your levels are going down! At least you can be pretty sure the one dose will work (if your levels don't drop appropriately they have to do two doses and then you have to wait even longer!) I too had ectopic in Oct 2010, and I remember the waiting was really hard. My hcg actually went up for my 3 day and then wasn't quite where my OB wanted it on my 7 day test; luckily, she let me test again on day 8 and it was down more so I didn't have to have another dose of metho. My cycles were even timed right so I ovulated a couple of days after my 2 month wait was over. Don't forget that you'll probably have to have an HSG to make sure your tube is clear, and that ups your chances of getting pregnant! Hang in there!:hugs:

Thats a great sign! Now that you are cramping and actively bleeding, hopefully the levels will come down quicker. I hope things work out :hugs:

Today I am bleeding quite heavy and passing small clots? I have also had quite a lot of cramping. Is this normal? thanks xx

In my experience this was normal, however the usual disclaimer of if you're concerned call your doctor, etc. Your uterus needs to shed all the lining it's built up over the past few weeks so the bleeding/cramping is quite normal (again, for me). My cramping was really bad and I called my doctor for a prescription of Vicodin. That helped quite a bit.

The good news is that all this bleeding/cramping probably means your HcG is falling a lot. Next week should be a good number for you.

So sorry you're going through this. It sucks. xoxo

Thanks for the reply. The bleeding isn't excessive but more than I was expecting. Got another blood test on Fri so hoping the numbers will be falling.

Persuaded my DH that we needed a holiday we go on August 6th for 2 weeks so when we come back we can TTC again. Its given me something to look forward to and get excited about.

Nearly 1 week down yey!!

Sorry, I didn't see this yesterday. I did have cramping and bleeding after the shot. I passed A LOT of tissue. It was never ending. If you ever have any questions, do not hesitate to call your doctor.

I too had lots of cramping, clots, and some tissue a week and a half (I think) after my shot. The good part was that my hcg levels dropped really quickly after the bleeding tapered off; hopefully yours will do the same.

I am now 7 days post Methotrexate and my level was 28 today!! Yey i'm so happy. Had a horrible few days with loads of cramping bleeding and tissue loss but that has settled down to like a light period with no cramping. Going for bloods again next Friday so fingers crossed they will be 0! Thanks for all the advice xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->