NT blood work

motherofboys

Reaction score
So apparently (saw this on in-gender) the blood work done at 12 weeks can also give an indication of gender.
I wondered if anyone had their numbers.
Its of course not exact but the higher the numbers of HCG MoM and PAPP-A MoM the more chance its a girl. Anything under 1.0 is boy. Most 'wrong' cases are when the HCG is boy but the PAPP-A is girl. In these cases people thought boy but had girl. Or when numbers are low (so boy) but a girl is had. They apparently haven't seen (in limited research) a case where both numbers where high for a girl and a boy was had.
I had my results through today and have
hCG 0.60 MoM
PAPP-A 1.27 MoM

This is quite low for hCG and the PAPP-A isn't high enough to make me think girl although is just over the 1. Some people have 2. or 3. so I'm thinking my results indicate boy. I'm feeling much better today and after an initial feeling of 'oh damn that doesn't look good' I feel ok about the fact it points to boy. Obviously this can also be wrong but I'm going with boy and saying 'he' it helps that my children think its a boy and are calling the baby he as well LOL

Never heard of this! I think there are far too many theories that either get our hopes up or dash them :(

I heard of this,don't know how much truth there is to it. didn't receive my number until after my gender scan, will dig them out and see if they fit with me having a boy xx

ok mine says:
HcG 1.71
PAPP-A 1.37

I have confirmed boy..don't know if those figures are meant to be high or low though!:)

They are slightly higher than what they say is average for boys, but not really high so I guess middle ground.
Your right maybebaby3 there are so many things out there.

Glad I didn't know about this before I got boy confirmed then! Along with all my symtoms would have thought even more it was my first girl!!

I know! If mine had been higher it would have got my hopes up too. Being so low I'm pretty certain I'll have a boy. I think I'm ok about it atm but probably will feel sad when I get it confirmed for a while. Not as badly though

I just had a quick look online. There are a lot of examples of low girl scores, I reckon its just another one of those theories that can go either way. Am sure if you have boy confirmed you will be fine, sometimes it just takes time to get your head around it. Don't count yourself out of a girl though as all anyone can do is guess at the moment xx

I know theres always a chance but I don't want to feel like I did a few days ago, its just easier to accept that I wont get a girl rather than hope now. If by some miracle its a girl then I'll be over the moon but I can't risk getting my hopes up again.

Very wise, if you've got used to the idea of a boy and it is then great, if you get a surprise and its a girl then great too! xx

Just 3 weeks and a few days until I will know for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->