NT scan questions

Cornfieldland

Reaction score
Hello lady's,
I have a NT scan next week Friday. I'm wondering when you had the scan if the tech was able to tell you if the scan looked normal or not. I'm getting the blood work done after and I know the full results won't be in for a week or so. Just hoping the tech can say if it looks ok on the scan or not so I don't have to spend a week stressing about that part.

I had my scan at 11 weeks 6 days. The tech did not say whether the scan was good or bad. They aren't supposed to say anything either way. The paper I got to get my bloodwork done after the ultrasound did have the measurement on it however.

My tech was awesome!!!! She showed me everything and told me all was well, but not sure if a problem would have been found if she'd have just said "I'm not supposed to tell"?? I don't know but I watched closely and could tell the fluid measured small and there was definitely a nasal bone!!!

Before I went to mine I did a google image search for "NT scan" and familiarized myself with what a normal nuchal translucency and an abnormal one looks like. The actual numerical measurement will depend on the gestational age and the CRL measurements so don't necessarily worry about that too much unless you feel better have a number in your head before you go. I was just looking for the shape of the dark area and realized that a good result is a thin area and a scary result is rather evident in that it is a real pocket of fluid that has a totally different shape. Do the Google image search - - you will see. There are lots of cases of enlarged nuchal translucencies that turn out just fine though so even if you realize it looks bad, don't lose hope yet. Some technicians probably feel that offering opinions is counterproductive, but if you get a nice one, you might reassurance that everything looks great and even get a gender guess like we did!!

My sonographer pointed out everything as she went along. When she came up on something that could point to something being wrong she even told me and said the doctor would come in after her and scan me himself and explain further. He did. I was high risk so being scanned at my perinatologists office and maybe that's why they told me everything.

Thanks guys! I appreciate ur input and advice. Hopefully all is well for me on Friday. I had a loss earlier this year, and it died around the 12wk mark so I feel a lot is riding on this. But I'm staying positive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->