• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NT scan results came back bad....this can't be happening again

chistiana

Nik,Nat,Maya & 3 angels
Reaction score
Hi ladies. This might be a little long but I really really need your advice and experiences.
So I have 2 kids and have had 3 mcs that were hell. I went through hell to figure out what's causing my mcs...I paid I don't even know how much on private testing and eventually it looks like I figured it out! So after a second septum resection, 3 paternal leykocyte shots, 12 weeks (and counting) of prednisolone, double folic acid and baby aspirin I finally made it to 12 weeks without mcing! Yaaayyyyyy right????
Well we went for out NT scan on Friday n the world collapsed around us! The NT fold was measured at 2.5mm which the doctor says is high for my age (34) and puts me at high risk for chromosomal abnormalities. I did the npir test on Monday but the results will be back in 2 weeks. As you understand 2 weeks will just simply kill me.
So my question to you ladies is...anyone who s been through something similar, what were you results and did you eventually have a happy ending or should I just pack up?
Thanks and sorry for the long essay!

Chistiana, I've looked it up and I don't think that measurement is shockingly high. It also comes down to the bloods. Normally, the results take about two weeks but if you were high risk they'd call you within 48h. If they haven't called you by then take a deep breath. You've done really well to come this far. I bet it was lovely to see your wriggly baby on screen :cloud9:

Petitpas, thank you so much for taking the time to answer. Thing is I m not in the US, I m in Greece so I m pretty sure no one will call me before the 2 weeks are over. The hospital took the blood yesterday, they need to send it to the US blah blah blah... I m waiting for the combined PAPP A (not sure this is what it's called) on Thursday so even though it's difficult to hope right now I m trying to think I ll be ok. I know 2.5mm is not huge (read on some much larger ones online) but just the possibility after all we ve been through messes with my head. Plus the doctor looked concerned. Anyway thanks, I ll definitely update as soon as I know. Btw so glad to see your bean has stuck!!

Anyone else?

Chistiana, Thursday's results should give you a good idea of what is going on. Take a deep breath and do something nice in the meantime. Here in the UK they always say that the measurement means nothing without the blood results. Fingers crossed for your little bean fxfxfxfx

Sorry you're going through this but as the previous poster said, you CAN'T use just the NT scan results. They are meaningless without the bloodwork and you are causing yourself to worry when you have only HALF the information. Your doctor should not have told you your NT results without the bloodwork - what's the point? He/she is causing you needless worry.

I'm waiting for my results too, I had the NT scan last week and the blood drawn. The results should be here on Friday. I got to see my baby wriggling and kicking, but I was not told measurements. I'm grateful for that, I got to enjoy the moment of seeing my baby.

You really need to take a deep breath and not assume the worst. I hope I don't come across as scolding you, I'm not. I'm just really mad at your doctor. They don't realize the power they have over their patients and one little slip or careless remark and it ends up worrying their patient for no reason at all.

Blingygal I so wish he hadn't said anything...I ve had 3 mcs and we finally made it to 12 weeks..was so happy and now it's like someone just sucked all the happiness out of this pg :( I did it Friday and expect the bloods either tomorrow or Thursday and I don't think I ve ever stressed so much in my life. I mean it is literally completely consuming me every single minute of the day.

Glad you don't have to go through this stress, and really hope your results come back super on Friday! Let me know!

Quick update as I can hardly breath...first results (PAPP-A) are back...our odds went from 1:312 to 1:2700! I know this is not final n we re waiting to the verify tests from the US in 10 days but I feel I might be able to get even half a night's sleep again until then! Praying they are just as good or better!

Thanks for the update. That's great!

Seriously, I could just smack your doctor. All this worrying is going to be for nought.

I'm so glad you've had better news :)

Perfect results! If you look up the results based on your age alone you'll see that the bloods must have been incredibly good to give you those odds :)
Silly doctor for being so careless!

Thanks girls, I m still on edge but feel like a huge weight has been lifted!

Blingy here's to your good news on Friday!!

Tasha, hey hun, so good to hear from you! How r u doing? Congratulations btw, hope it's a sticky little rainbow!

I'm good thank you. Been on a crazy roller coaster already with this one, but we have a hb and the right size at the last scan so most of the time I'm hopeful. How are you doing aside from this worry?

Wriggley thanks :)

Tasha so happy to here that at least everything's measuring right on time! I doubt after all you ve been through (n really any RCM mom) any pg can be calm but hope we can feel a little more relaxed with time :)

It was hard in the beginning for us cause after me going behind my docs back I tested sky high for NK cells (550) at 5 weeks n completely freaked but did 3 paternal leukocyte shots plus the steroids n hopefully now this is behind us! Made it to 12 weeks ready to breath again n the doc dropped the NT bomb on us! Hopefully that will be cleared in 10 days and then off we go for the cerclage! I think I ll only relax when this girl is in my arm safe n sound! Keep me updated if you want, I ll be praying everything works out for both!

I had my NT scan at 13 weeks, and the genetic counselor said that anything under 3 at that stage was normal. Not sure if the number given was different than the one you got because I was one week farther or if our hospitals just use different numbers.

Your new numbers sound hopeful. I hope everything turns out well for you!

Myra thanks! I was told that a 2.5 is ok when you re young but kind of not ok when you re 34 (me!) anyway, meant to update..verinata results came back yesterday...everything is normal!!! But of course I can't spend any time stress free I started bleeding last Sunday so right now I m waiting at the hospital to see what's happening!

Oh goodness, huge hugs.

Yay for the all clear though xx

Thanks Tasha! It never ends with me! Just back from hospital baby girl is doing good, really strong hb, everythings in place, my cervix is measuring 3.5cm and not funneling but there's still blood in there so we can't do the cerclage until I have 3 whole days with no spotting at all.

Is your scan today or Monday???

Sorry- should have mentioned in original post that I'm 41- but so glad to hear results came back normal!!

I hope everything turns out ok re:spotting...in my last pregnamcy I had heavy bleeding and cramping from weeks 13-17 (from a subchorionic hematoma) and my son is now a healthy, energetic almost 2 year old :).

I hope you have those three days soon. It must be a worry.

It was today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->