NT scan yesterday- 2.9mm. Any advice?

MoBaby

Mommy to a precious son
Reaction score
Hi everyone- we had our NT scan yesterday at 12w2d. Baby looked great and measured actually 3 days ahead at 12w5d but since I did ivf we know my dates. The NT was 2.9mm and the tech said cutoff is 3.0 mm. I'm in the top 98% with the 2.9mm. I've read most of the time things turn out fine. We have to wait a week for my blood marker results to come back for risk calculation. Nothing else looked wrong and we saw the nasal bone which does decrease risk for chromosomal issues. I wanted to announce this pregnancy but after seeing that 2.9mm I'm delaying until all results are in. Below is a pic of little bub:) I don't remember what my sons was but we were the lowest risk. I'm now 2.5 years older which increases risk alone. I'm ready for this pregnancy to be smooth sailing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 38
No advice just sending hugs xx hopefully everything is fine!

Hey Mo, I'm sorry you're dealing with this. This website seems to provide some positive insight.

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a544491/nuchal-translucency-nt-scan

Especially the part under "What is a normal nuchal translucency measurement?"

Thanks ash. I've read that. It does help a little saying under 3.5mm is considered normal. Most obs have cut offs at 3mm and some 2.5mm. My number is the upper end of normal and increases my risk. I'm just worried about getting this far and having a chromosomal issue. I hate waiting for screening bloodwork. I wish I would have just done the chromosome bloodwork at 10 wks- dh said he didn't want itnubless the 12 wk stuff indicated an issue.

I'm unsure but my blood work was really quick... I had the scan and bloods on the Thursday and got the results Monday xxx

The bloods won't go out until Monday because it was after 4pm Friday when I had them taken. So hopefully by Wednesday then.

I'm unsure but my blood work was really quick... I had the scan and bloods on the Thursday and got the results Monday xxx

What was your NT measurement if yo remember? My scan picture looks a lot like yours as far as size of NT. I am concerned the tech measures to the aminon instead of measuring NT because when she zoomed in there were 3 white lines and she went to the bottom of the third white line which I've been researching and the lowest line could be the aminon. I'm debating asking for a new scan next week.

Mine was 1.7mm and was put forward 2 days... I have come back low risk this time last pregnancy was the 1.6 but my bloods where bad and I had low papp a. I would Deffo speak to your doctor or mw if you have any concerns xxxx

I'm 28 too my last pregnancy was may last year but ended in mc xx

I'm going to call Monday and ask the nurse if I can come in for a repeat, maybe with a different Tech or even if I need to go to a different office. My next appt with dr isn't until March 8th and I'm not waiting until then. I may just ask if I can stop by and have genetic blood work drawn which I know doesn't check all but it would ease my mind.

My measurement was 2.8 or so - very close to 3. This was for my almost 3yo and I was 36. They said it was the highest number still in the "normal" range. We had the cell free dna testing done & all came back healthy. I think everything will be just fine!

Thank you!! I think all will be fine too. I'm trying not to work but it's hard. I would be more worried if it was over 3mm.

Deffo do what you said it will put your mind at ease... it's the unknown that I hate with pregnancy... keep us updated xxxx

So baby is fine :) did the harmony test and it came back normal. I know other issues could come up but we are so relieved. Everything else looks okay :)

Thank you for the update! I'm so glad everything is fine. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"