• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NTNP Chat Thread

B

baby.love

Hiya girlies

If you are not WTT but still not ready to commit to TTC, then come chat here with others NTNP., Lets take the relaxed approach and keep each other company along the way.
So come on girls, lets do what comes naturally to us and chat away

Good luck.

i think ile be joining WTT again now and we will be NTNP next year.

Not sure if I count as NTNP or not! We are WTT until August (just under 3 weeks!) BUT I had my IUD removed last week so whilst we're not actively TTC at the moment, we aren't using any other birth control (apart from, it seems, just not BD'ing at all!) either so possibly NTNP? Happy to be an NTNP buddy if you want though baby.love! Good luck!! I really hope you get a BFP soon!

Laura
xx

:hi: Carreg, we were WTT until feb, but we want to let nature take its course instead. It worked with Sienna, as after 12 months TTC we decided to stop and what do ya know i was pregnant within a couple of months :)
Good luck to you too hun xx

baby.love I think that is a much better idea really, all the pressure you put on yourself when you're actively TTC really can't help anything!! We haven't fixed a specific date in August to start trying but I have been charting my cycles for a couple of months now (copper IUD so no hormones to mess them up) in prep as we want to try out Shettles method to see if we can get a girl (not that we'll mind if we end up with a boy, so long as it's happy, healthy and kicking away the gender doesn't matter at all) as I already have one fabulous little boy so I'd love a girl!
How old are your LOs? Are they excited about the possibility of a new baby brother or sister?

Laura
xx

Oooh whats this method then? sounds interesting.

And yes the relaxed approach seems best, no pressure on anyone.... The kids dont know, so will be nice when we are pregnant and get to tell them, Ella is 11, Ethan is 4 and Sienna is 9 months :)
All i am doing is tracking my cycles, purely to see if they have regulated since having Sienna.

xx

Shettles basically works on the idea that boy sperm swim faster but die quicker whereas girl sperm swim more slowly but are more resilient so take longer to die. Therefore to get a girl you should BD only until a few days (3 or 4) before you Ov so by the time the egg arrives the boy sperm have (in theory) burnt themselves out leaving only the girl sperm to get to the egg, and vice versa for a boy - lots of BD on the day before and day that you Ov. It's supposed to be reasonably accurate. I first heard of it in A Level Biology when my Professor said she had used it successfully for all 3 of her children. But I guess we'll see!!

Are you going to be testing this month? I'm CD27, 11DPO and no point for me as only had IUD removed on Thurs! One more month to wait. Boooo!

BTW I LOVE the name Sienna!

Laura
xx

That sounds interesting and seems viable to me :)

I am only CD10 and according to my chart i will OV next weekend! I am on average 32 day cycle since having Sienna, but still a bit irregular at the moment. So maybe testing this month(who am i kidding i am a poas addict :lol:)

Sienna is gorgeous isnt it :cloud9: Although she very nearly ended up being Freya!

I am already picking names for the next one! Is that sad? :blush:

Leah xx

Meee!! :D
We are TTC, but with no pressure and no charting etc. And we have names too, oops!! xxx

oooh so excited for you, fingers crossed for timely Ov and a bfp for you in a couple of weeks then! Make sure you keep us updated!
Having names picked out isn't sad - so do we! Well, a short list at least! What are your current favourites? (unless you're superstitious and would rather not say!)
24/7 - welcome to the club! Lots of good luck and baby dust for you! Are you going to be testing this month? I feel quite left out! :p
Laura
xx

Well I did a test on friday on day 24, and it was negative, but AF still hasn't arrived, but I feel like she is on her way so not going to test again yet, as much as I want to. :blush:

We like the names Samuel and Olivia, and I mentioned it to my best friend who is 15 weeks, and she has now decided to name her baby Olivia if she has a girl. :cry: I want to stand firm and still use it if we have a girlie, but am unsure if it is ok or not? :dohh: What names do you like? xxxxx

Hiya 24/7 :hugs: Welcome in x

I'm not superstitious really, are you?.. The names i like at the moment are

Girls

Imogen (current fave)
Felicity
Jessica
Alys

Boys

Riley
Toby
Noah (OH wont let me have this name though)
Declan
Daniel

24/7 i love your name choices, as for your friend!!!! I'd stay firm and use it if it means alot to you :hugs: If any friend of mine did that i really think i would flip out (but i am highly emotional :lol:)

I really have my heart set on Olivia, and what annoys me more is she wants to call her LO Allie, but OH won't agree, so they have decided on Olivia to shorten it to Allie? Which makes no sense to me. :( I love the names Imogen and Noah too.

Hubby really wants a boy, and wants to try shettles, and I would be happy with either and am not sure I want to try for one sex in particular especially as it is our first and we would ideally, money and space permitting like three, so I'd like to just to see what arrives, and then try for a boy on our second if we have a girl first But we shall see, as it all depends on OH being happy to not have sex for a few days, and he certainly won't like that. :D

Oh god hun thats terrible! Lets all keep our fingers crossed that she has a boy then :hugs:

Oh god hun thats terrible! Lets all keep our fingers crossed that she has a boy then :hugs:
Selfishly I hope she does. :blush: I think I wouldn't mind so much if she was going to actually call LO Olivia, but she says she never will, just Allie, so it seems a waste. :cry:
Saying that I might have a boy too. :haha: I don't know why though, but I have a feeling our first will be a little pink beanie. :kiss: xxxxx

Its not selfish at all, her behaviour to you is!! I know that names are not property in that sense to steal, but if i told my best mate the names i wanted and she used them!! Well i would be so hurt and disgusted tbh, Its such a personal thing picking names.

Is she having a sexing scan? ... xx

ooooh 24/7 fingers crossed it's not AF a-calling but maybe something else! Do let us know what happens! I can't believe your friend did that, if the name means a lot to you then I agree with Leah, you should stand firm and go with it! I would probably be quite upset if someone did that to me too.
I'm not superstitious. The names we like currently are:
Boys:
Jasper (before anyone says it, we liked it BEFORE Twilight! And Edward too!)
Zach
Orion
Tristan (well, I like it but OH is unconvinced!)
Kazander (shortened to Xander)

Girls
Elizabeth
Ginevra
Imogen (snap Leah!)
Harriet
Violet
Athene
Antigone

The ones higher up the list are the current highest ranking ones!

My little any is called Felix so we're not too afraid of unusual names, within reason!
I really like Riley too but OH doesn't :-(
24/7 maybe your friend will change her mine? She's still got quite a long time to think! Maybe you could mention to her how you feel?

She has her gender scan in 8 weeks and she is going to find out so all will be revealed then!! I have said how much I like it, but feel bad keep going on about it!! :(
I so hope it's not af, but ita our first month of ntnp, so unlikely to be pregnant, but would be perfect as I ovulated on our wedding day so that would make it extra special!! xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->