NTNP/Done or taking a break from TTC

Ha, yeah. Cheese and ice cream are two of my favorites! With the 21 Day Fix program I was doing, I only get one blue container which is for healthy fats. It is probably about 2 Tablespoons or so, and that technically is all I could have for cheese in a day, assuming I don't have any other healthy fats like avocado or nuts. That is one that I cheat on nearly every day.

We are so classy, we like to have wine, cheese and chocolates by the fire on weekend evenings sometimes. And by classy, not so much, lol. This usually consists of Ritz or saltine crackers, standard run of the mill grocery store cheese, and one time only chocolate chips was the only chocolate I had :)

Jasmine, I wonder if cheese is more expensive in Canada? I don't think of cheese as being too expensive here, unless we buy the fancy stuff. Though, I am in Minnesota, and our neighboring state, Wisconsin is known for cheese. They are endearingly called "Cheese-heads." So, maybe since our supply is high the cost is low. I can usually get a 1/2 pound block of cheese for $2-$3.

Yeah it's pretty expensive here. It's like 5-9 dollars for a brick of cheese which is (I believe) only 450g

Cheese isn't too expensive here either in Missouri but we are in the middle of everything. I like the idea of your "classy nights". The only time we really turn on our fireplace (it's propane) is if we want smores randomly.
I want to take my dog to get her picture taken with Santa. My husband thinks I'm crazy. Thoughts ladies?

I'm one of those people who won't spend money on stuff like that, because I always feel like I need to save money. But I think it's an adorable idea for people with nice pets.
Crappy idea for people who have timid pets or let's who don't warm up to strangers well and try to force them to do it, it's awful. Those poor creatures. And poor Santa who has to deal a scared package of teeth and/or claws

I have taken my dog for pictures with Santa! Especially before DH and I got married, she was my one and only. I still wonder what will happen when we finally have kids because she is so used to all the attention she gets.

A lot of pet stores here will have pictures with Santa for no charge, which is I think what I did the only time I've done it. She isn't the best at taking pictures, always moving and looking away from the camera.

She'll definitely be included in a family holiday picture for our Christmas card!

The only place that I know does it the cost is a bag of food for the shelter. We have a rescue dog so we really try to sort that cause. She's really good with other dogs and loves attention. I too fear the day we get pregnant for her sake. She won't know what to do either. I know we will buy her a bed to go in the nursery too. She already has two beds.

*Cracks knuckles* well well well ladies. lol I live in wisconsin. Yes cheese is a staple here, I <3 cheese. I'm sorry its so expensive in canada!!!

Anyways, for me to try and lose weight, I have been going to a class at the gym called "bodypump" you can look it up on youtube if you are curious. Its called Les Mills Body Pump. Basically lifting weights. I freaking hate cardio. I WISH I loved cardio, because I could easily drop weight with adding in some cardio!!!

I am trying to up my gym visits. I attend the 5:15am workout class, so its so hard to wake up every day to go to the gym. I have been going 1 or 2x a week. If I want to get my mind off of TTC, and focus on toning up, I need to attend like 3-4x per week.

Hope everybody is having a good week, its FRIDAYYYYYY :) :) :)

Everyone getting geared up for Thanksgiving? I'm already trying to juggle my family and my husband's.

We are hosting Thanksgiving dinner for the first time! We bought a house in August, so finally have space for family. I'm excited, and glad it will just be a third of DH's family. He is the youngest of 4 boys, and just his oldest brother and family and his dad will be here.

It gives me a little more motivation to get more organizing done in our new house &#128515;

Wow, that's awesome!
Hey, so I know we already had a pets discussion, but I got another question for you.
What do you guys think about getting stockings to fill for pets?
I am planning on getting a stocking each for DS and DB, but I kind of want to getting little stocking for my cats to so they can also be part of the celebration. Why not?
I know DB will protest but to all of it but I'll just do it anyway.
Doesn't have to be expensive the way I look at it, and decorating them is kind of a Kraft DS and I can do as well together.

We've been in our house for 2 years and we still have a lot in boxes still. I think it's time to just take it all to goodwill and be done with it.
Jasmine- as you probably guessed our dog had a stocking. She doesn't get a whole lot for Christmas bc she's a dog and she doesn't know what's going on. She usually gets some treats and maybe a new toy.

Yeah, when I was a kid, we had a stocking for our dog and our cat. Dog got a big bone and some treats and a couple tennis balls, and the cat got some treats, and some catnip and a toy of some sort. It was never huge but something so they can also be part of Christmas (aside from being snuck dinner under the table!)

My husband would have a heart attack if he even thought our dog was getting food under the table. He's very anti- table food for the dog. Except for vanilla ice cream. She gets that every once in a while during summer.

Well, when I was a kid, my dog was my best friend. She was my best friend all the way up until she died when I was 18, so anything I ate, she ate haha! And the cat, well the cat and I hated each other but my mom and sister loved her, so they always treated her.
My two cats now do not get people food at all. Just like your husband, my DB would have a fit haha. When my younger cat Rex was little he'd beg and it drove him nuts!

Hi ladies, may i join? :)
My first cycle of TTC for #1 starts next week, and I'd really like to take it easy. My idea of TTC had always been more of NTNP - until I started reading these forums and discovered otherwise haha. My personal rules are no temping (I can tell the week I ovulate), and no multiple testing until I am late!
Oh and I love cheese, dogs and cats too :haha:

"And I love cheese dogs and cats too"
Lmao! Well why didn't you say so! Welcome! :p

Welcome Skycastles!!!

Ahh yes around here we are getting ready for Thanksgiving. Tomorrow, we are decorating for christmas and putting up the tree (Yeah I am one of those people who can't wait for Christmas!!!!!)

Sorry I can't chat about the pet thing, I never had a pet growing up. We do have 2 dogs, and my husband might get them a bone or toy for christmas but I am not crazy about them (probably because they are "his" dogs, maybe if I had my own doggie I might go crazy and buy it presents) LOL!!!

As I mentioned before, I am in Wisconsin. They are predicting a snow storm of about 8-10 inches tomorrow/sat....GULP! But hey what a perfect day for snuggling inside with family and decorating for Christmas lol :)

Hope you all are staying warm!!!

Oh wow, we haven't had a white Christmas here is a long time. Hopefully it stays there for you in time for Christmas at least!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->