NTNP/Done or taking a break from TTC

Ashley - what part of WI are you in? 8-10 inches?! I don't envy you. I'm in the Twin Cities, we've had a lot of rain lately and we all just keep reminding ourselves it could be snow. It dropped down to freezing temps but still no show. After Thanksgiving I'll be looking forward to the first 2 months of show then will be excited for Spring!

My husband asked me last night when I was ovulating, and it felt great to be able to just say sometime in the next week and not feel the pressure to be checking opk tests and temps constantly this month and we can really just dtd because we want to and not because it is "baby making week."

That's great that you've been able to take that pressure away. Unfortunately I think my DH doesn't get the idea of being laid back. He asked me the other day after dtd if that was a baby making dtd. I told him I didn't know bc I was really worried about it this month. He seemed a little disappointed. I still want to have a baby but I need the stress off of me for a little bit and I don't think he understands that.

Well, did you tell him you wanted to just take it easy? Maybe he just thinks you don't want it anymore?

Yeah it was all his idea. So I think I ovulated today and we have dtd in days. It's like we dtd all the time and it's too stressful or we barely dtd and we miss our window. Uggghhhh!

You just can't win! I don't think my SO is even crazy about trying at all anymore. He can be very "monotone" at times though, as I like to put it. Makes it hard to tell. He can feel one way but he just acts like he completely does not care.

TMI warning: So yesterday morning and this morning I had just a blood spot. I should have ovulated yesterday but since we are trying to be laid back I don't know for sure. I have had ovulation spot ONE time and that was when my ovulation pain was especially painful but I really haven't had much pain this month. Anyone have any ideas on what's going on or has anyone had this happen to them?

Raine, i've noticed ovulation spotting just one month in my entire life, and it happened without any particular symptoms or irregularities in my cycle.
My amateur guess would be it's ovulation spotting for you too, since it happened around your predicted period of O. Hope you catch that egg :)

I assumed that's what it was, just never experienced it like that before. If that's the case maybe we didn't miss our window after all! I was kind of afraid we did since we are trying to be more laid back about it.

MKaykes, we are in southeastern WI (bordering IL). We got over a foot I believe.

So a couple-friend of ours got married later the same year we did (2014). They just started trying to have a baby, While I have been trying for a year and had a loss the first month.....

Well we went out drinking this weekend to celebrate my husbands birthday, and the husband of the couple came out and casually mentioned to me that his wife was pregnant (on their second month of trying).

I smiled and said congrats. I held a smile for a little bit, but I had a few drinks in me, and when I turned away to talk to my husband, I started to cry. Like I could not help it but the tears just kept on flowing and I had to quickly walk out of the bar, and my husband had to leave his friends as we darted to our car. I cried the whole ride home. Ugh. Not a proud moment lol.

How is everybody else holding up? I am getting to the point where I don't want to see other pregnant women, don't want to hear about it on FB, or even in movies and I am so over all of this. I wish we had never started because the fun is gone and I am super jaded.

Awe honey I'm so sorry that happened to you. Seriously don't feel too ashamed or embarrassed honestly I would have done/been the same way in that situation. It's completely understandable.

Ashley, I've almost done the same thing! A close friend if mine started thing for #2 around the same time, she is now about 5 months along. When she told me, I was super happy and it made me more excited to get pregnant so we'd have little ones the same age. This was at about 8 months ttc. The following month we were out with friends another friend announced #2 was on the way, a month behind the other. Thankfully this happened as we were saying our goodbyes. I got in the car and tears started to flow. It wasn't even a conscious process. I actually still haven't talked to her, it's been almost 2 months. I'm still good with the first friend, talk to her a couple times a week and keep up on her pregnancy, and and excited to find out the gender next week! Strange how different the two experiences were due to timing.

One of our best couple friends started trying when we did. She got pregnant in July and we'll I still haven't. She rarely talks to me now even though we were talking on a daily basis prior to her getting pregnant. I actually just got told by a former coworker that she's pregnant. I just have to let it go. It was too emotional exhausting too put too much energy in it.

Hey ladies? Can I join? I've been stalking and I'm in the process of getting all the way caught up on this thread... But one thing I know for sure: I'm DONE actively TTC. I'm convinced that it's soooo stressful that it's not good for my health. I was NTNP for 10+ years with no luck and after ONLY TWO cycles of TTC, I'm DONE!

Nice find a thread with women who feel the same!

magical- Welcome! We always enjoy adding more ladies to our little group. Anyone else nervous about tomorrow (at least us USA-ers?) and getting asked when you are going to have a child? I'm super nervous. We are seeing both my DH's family and my family all in one day so the closer we get to that day the more nervous I'm getting.

We've been pretty open with our families about ttc, so I am not worried. We will just be with a portion of DH's family. I only hope it doesn't come up because this sister in law apparently used Clomid and told DH and I think they've convinced him that it's all it will take. I'm not nearly ready for medical intervention, not even testing and just don't want that conversation.

Welcome magical mom! This is my first month ntnp after 6 months actively ttc after 3 months ntnp. This is so much better! I have enough stress in my life with work and anticipation of thing back to school in Jan...I'm loving just enjoying spending intimate time with DH.

Raine - enjoy your day with family, hopefully not too long of a day with both sides!

Hi ladies! Heat checking in to see how everyone is doing! How those in the US had a nice Thanksgiving! I ate too much and an so tired of washing dishes!

I'm pretty confident I ovulated last week, so in my first tww of ntnp, it's definitely been less stressful. I'm not constantly watching for symptoms like I have in the past.

I'm doing pretty good. I ovulated on Friday. I started having pains on Thursday and used my last LH test I had. Now I've got to just not symptom spot.

Can I join you ladies? I haven't read through the whole thread, but I could really relate to OP.

We started NTNP last November and TTC in May/June. I have very irregular cycles and sporadic ovulation so it just complicates things. I started birth control mid-November but it makes me feel awful so I stopped yesterday. I have such conflicting emotions if I want to get pregnant right now or not. So I want to NTNP and see what happens. But the control freak in me doesn't trust myself. :haha:

Plus I got my prescription for Clomid filled this week and you know it is screaming my name!!

Hi Krissie! Looks like you did the NTNP for a few months before, you can do it again! Lol! Welcome to the thread. Since we are NTNP, it isn't as active as some other threads, staying if bnb makes it easier.

So, I've been good during my tww, until yesterday I realized how bad my skin broke out. AF is due this weekend and I haven't had a breakout like this since before I went on bcp almost 15 years ago. So either my body is just now back to normal since going off the pill in Jan or perhaps signs of a bfp to come! Either way I see it as a good sign

MK--- how is it going? Any other symptoms? I too have started the ugly symptom starting. My boobs keep getting sharp pains in them. Kinda hard not to symptom spot when you have distinct pains!
Welcome krissie! I'll quickly catch you up on our thread.....we all love cheese and animals!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->