NTNP for 5 years... finally pregnant!

Haack

Married Mommy of 2 Boys!
Reaction score
I was just browsing all of the different forums on BnB. Wanted to share my success story with those of you NTNP but still kinda hoping to get pregnant.

I was on the the depo shot for quite a few years, did not have a period during those years. About 1 year after DH & I got married I went off the shot (2006).

Took a little over 1 year for me to get any period at all! (2007)

Started out pretty irregular. Then became more like 30-34 day cycles. We didn't try really... but I did occasionally track my ovulation, so if we remembered and were in the mood we would "try".

Then in 2010 I decided to go back to school. Decided to get on the pill, just incase. For 2 reasons... I didn't want to chance getting pregnant while in school and I thought the pill would regulate my period to the normal 28 day cycles. I ended up only staying on the pill for 6 months. Getting off of it Fall 2010. My cycles had changed to the 28 days as I hoped for. And even though I was still in school.... at this point we really didn't think getting pregnant was ever going to happen... We only had sex once per week! We even decided to save money by downgrading our health insurance at the start of 2011. We almost never went to the doctors.

Well.... wouldn't ya know it.... January 22, 2011 we conceived our first! LOL! Yep, 22 days after our insurance switched over to the high deductible. Oh well, it happens! We are super excited! :)

It seriously happens when you think it won't.

wow 5 whole years... you are proof to many though that it can happen even after so long.. I will be in my 2nd yr ntnp now, and starting to lose hope so thank you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->