NTNP newbie

+tivethoughts

Mummy to two little men
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm Siobhan, 27 and I'm new in this section. We had Harrison in April 2011 with the intention of TTC relatively soon after. For one reason or another, we didn't. We set a date of TTC in April 2013, but we have since had talks and have decided we want to take a more relaxed approach and have the attitude of it'll happen when it happens.

So, I'm basically saying Hi! And wondered if anyone wanted to buddy up??

Hello!! Your little one is gorgeous :) I'm also 27 and have been ntnp/trying for 1.5 months now :) We're (well I'm) trying hard to keep the relaxed approach going :)

I don't have much clue about the science bits though so forgive me if I come across as a bit stupid, I'm not, honestly ;)

Lots of luck to you :) xx

Hi! Congrats on getting married Mrs!

Lol, the sciencey bits...don't worry...just go with it. I've had a baby and still couldn't tell you all the sciencey bits haha.

Lots of luck to you too....what are ur tips for keeping relaxed then eh? Share! :) Xx

Hi! I am also 27 and just starting this NTNP thing. We originally set December 2012 as when we wanted to start TTC but we realized that our situation (long distance marriage- I'm in grad school- where we see each other most weekends) called for a more relaxed approach. We've been married for 3 years and this will be our first...

Thanks :) Ummm heres the thing, I'm not sure I am actually relaxed, I just don't talk to anyone about it, which makes me seem relaxed :) :) :)

Hehe, no I think they only way I'm managing is by not knowing the science bits, if I start to understand it all, I'm such a control freak I'll drive myself mad :)

I'm trying very hard not to symptom spot too, which is actully quite hard, luckily I'm not having any so that makes it easier :).....anyone had a sore tongue as a symptom??? ;)

Hi callmebaby!! Wishing you lots of luck!! :)

Argh! Symptom spotting...lol, exactly why we have chosen to ntnp. But like you, Im not sure how long the relaxed approach will last. :)

Hi callmebaby! Good luck hun Xx

Hellllllloooooo ladies

Well we're ntnp from this month however I think I'll secretly be ttc lol I just can't help myself! Lol

Good luck too all of you, anyone near testing?

Hi baby_dust!

Lol @ secretly TTC. I think many of us women say we are ntnp...maybe that's what we say to our OH's but we know we mean TTC. Lol. I think its quite hard to ntnp as I know my body so well since having a baby that I know when I'm ovulating and my periods are always bang on time etc.

I'm due to O tomorrow...however, I feel like I am today. We dtd on wed, and I guess we may do tonight too if I'm not too knackered after I finish work at 23:30.

So I will be into the tww but I won't be testing early etc I will wait for a missed period.

X

Good luck for today/tomorrow

That's exactly the same as me, I know my body well now I've had a baby. I didn't have a clue before ttc the first time!

It seems wrong to say ntnp when I know when I ov and will be planning on catching that eggy then! Lol

You're very disciplined not testing early

Thanks hun!

And yes, I totally know what you mean about catching that eggy! :) Afterall, I WANT ANOTHER BABY! lol.

RE: not testing early...that's only because I know I will become addicted to poas. (Although a few IC's might need to be purchased.....just incase I do cave!) haha!

Fancy being NTNP/TTC buddies? What day are you on in ur cycle? x

Thanks hun!

And yes, I totally know what you mean about catching that eggy! :) Afterall, I WANT ANOTHER BABY! lol.

RE: not testing early...that's only because I know I will become addicted to poas. (Although a few IC's might need to be purchased.....just incase I do cave!) haha!

Yeah that sounds good to me :flower:
I'm on cycle day 3, soooo I got a long way to go this month, won't be testing til 17th oct! I keep looking at ic's online sooo tempted to get some as I know I'll need to know! I tested ridiculously early last time! If you can get them cheap enough it's not soooo bad :) you seen any good deals?

Thanks hun!

Yeah that sounds good to me :flower:
I'm on cycle day 3, soooo I got a long way to go this month, won't be testing til 17th oct! I keep looking at ic's online sooo tempted to get some as I know I'll need to know! I tested ridiculously early last time! If you can get them cheap enough it's not soooo bad :) you seen any good deals?

Ive seen some on ebay, but just done a quick search and amazon sell them too: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0026RQ75W/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=drugstore

Thing is, I'm so cynical and never think they are gonna work - but as you say, they're so cheap..what does it matter? lol.

Have you had any experience with them in your previous preg? x

Yeah I used them loads last time, they were really good, they showed a really faint line 4 days before AF due. Ohhhh gonna shop for some this weekend ..... Even though got to wait ages to use them!

Get them get them :) ohhh i must stop being a bad influence!

Oooh, well at that price I think I may as well....Gonna shop for some at the weekend too! :) And 4 days before AF is great!

Your time will come quick! Before you know it you will be peeing on those sticks!

Well Harrison has been unwell, so we didn't get a chance to bd. And I'm pretty sure I o'd yesterday. I had a pain in my left side of lower ab. So my tww isn't gonna be too eventful as I'm pretty sure we missed O.

How are you baby_dust?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->