NTNP.. well kinda trying.. not hard enough though lol.

clynn11

Mommy to Zuri
Reaction score
So. My first post to any site like this. HI! A little background information. My fiance and I have been together for 6.5 years. We will be getting married on our 7 year anniversary (July 28th, 2013!) We are so excited to finally be making it official and continuing our journey together with the same last name. We are complete soul mates and I have no doubt that we will be together the rest of our lives.

I have been wanting a baby for a while now, and expressed this to him a long time ago. I started charting my AF 2.5 years ago, just to keep track of my regularity, etc. I stopped using the shot 4 yrs ago, and we had not used any form of contraception except the 'pull out method'. About a year ago, we stopped using that. I have not charted my O, or temp, or anything like that. We only have sex once or twice a month, and it's never planned around what could possibly be my O or before my LP. Every month I get my hopes up reading into false symptoms and becoming disappointed every time AF shows up. Which she decided to grant me with her presence today :growlmad:

I really just want to begin my family, and realize I need to take more steps to do so. But I worry with me obsessing this much NORMALLY how ridiculous i'm going to be if i'm charting everything else!

Also, my cycles range anywhere from 24 to 32 days which is also beginning to worry me about how hard it's actually going to be. I hope it happens soon.

BASICALLY, i'd just like to surround myself with people who have similar worries and concerns so I don't feel like i'm crazy :winkwink: lol.

So please feel free to introduce yourself and tell me your stories!

We only have sex once or twice a month because of conflicting work schedules, sometimes more but usually about that many* lol.

well i would suggest upping the frequency of the mummy daddy dance xxxxx i read if your doing it around the days your meant to be about 80% of women catch on in the first year. i'm in my third month of not quite trying and were doing it every other day and no avail yet (we dont have conflicting schedules hehe). this would be my first looking forward to being a mummy with my partner who i think will be a brilliant dad. I still have to move into a new house though so probably for the best if i dont catch on too soon but were both so impatient xxx

We are ttc #2 ..sorta. I dont really wanna start charting, cause I think i'll be more disappointed if nothing happens. But on the flip side we've limited ttc to just one year because I dont want a large gap between the kids (ds just turned 2). My husbands only home two weeks out of the month, so I guess i'll have to bump up my efforts anyway. oh yeah, we've been ntnp since august.

Well, I ordered my first set of OPKs.. need to go pick up a BBT and then I can actually begin charting. I really feel that charting will more help ME with my SANITY. I have very irregular cycles, so every month I get my hopes up thinking I may get a BFP or over-reading into symptoms when we probably didn't even BD around ovulation. At least now I can hopefully get to know my body better, figure out when I O, and go from there! I'm really excited at the prospect of this possibly helping us conceive, though. Told DF about them, he seems to be supportive now and will hopefully get into the game a little more haha. Guess we are TTC #1 ... hope this happens after NTNP for a year.

Hi :D

I'm fairly certain if you haven't conceived after 12 months the doctor will offer tests just to check everything's okay :D if nothing else, it might help alleviate your worries?

Good luck.

T

X

I am like u...we only dtd a few times a month...but i just started tracking my O and BBT also my cervical possition...and i have beenvusin fertility friend to keep up with everything...we dtd the day before i was suppose to O and im due for AF tomorrow(hope she dnt show!) But my BBT forcsum reason has remained high the last few days and i was told its suppose to drop a few days befor AF but idk...also my cervix is high soft and a little open..we r ttc #3 and this is the first time ttc...but i hope its quick sence im charting...my first was within a month (unexspected but a miracle) my second took over a yr...my youngst is goin on 7 months...this is goin on month 3 ttc.......baby dust to u!!!! But i would get the fertility friend abd update it everyday and let it chart ulyour info..good luck

Hi,

In the same position. (I am unfamiliar with all the slang hopefully will pick it up soon!)
Hubby and i have not been using protection since Aug 2011 but not having sex regularly. Started charting my periods around Oct 2011 as they are very irregular, anywhere between 2-7 days long and 20 to 45 days apart for a while (put down to stress for the wedding we were planning for June the next year which was in the US and also going through immigration applications and starting new jobs as well as moving countries, i am aussie, he is US)
Cycles started a bit more regular since Mar 12.
Since Aug 12 we started making sure we were having sex in the week of 'suspected' ovulation.
Also worried about actively trying with temp measurements, cervical checks etc as i already feel like i mimic pregnancy symptoms straight away, deciding i'm pregnant and being disappointed when the blue line keeps coming up. Then my periods delay coming because i feel like i'm stressed about them hurrying up so we can try again.
Its nice to see others, trying without trying, and knowing there are others out there that are worried about taking that final step into actively trying.

Bit of history.....
I had ovarian cysts which come and go with cycles, previous weight (under) issues which may have harmed my chances and have had a miscarriage with my previous partner 6 years ago (placenta bleed at 13 weeks) My previous partner and i tried for a baby for 13 months after. We split before we had a chance to be tested.
My doctor has told us once we have tried for 12 months, if no pregnancy then she will go through further testing, but doesn't feel there should be anything to worry about at this stage.

Good luck to all. Baby Dust (is that right?) xx

Thank you for all of your replies! It feels so great to talk to people who are in the same boat!!!

DF and I have now moved on to TTC I suppose, he seems on board with BDing more in order to get what we want!!!! Haha.

Tubbilocks- I probably won't get any testing done unless we haven't conceived by Dec. of next year. Since we weren't technically trying, probably at least 80% of those months we didn't BD anywhere near my O. Hoping with charting we'll be able to BD around those times and get our BFP soon!!!!

mommyof2girls- I hope the witch stays away!!!! FX for you!!!!

Amalloy- check out this link it helps with all of the lingo: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html and welcome! Keeping my FX for you, and sending lots of baby dust your way as well! (Yes that's right ;) )

Thanx...she was due yesterday and still a no show...tested today got a rly faint pos...jus dnt wanna get to excited yet...my cervix is even higher today and my temp is still up

Can you post a pic of the test??? Did you use a FRER with FMU? If not I totally suggest that!!! FX for you that it's your BFP!!!!

I dnt kno how to post a pic...lol..how do i do it...btw still no sign of af...i hope it is a bfp!!

When you go to comment, click on 'Go Advanced' if you are not already there. Then just a little ways down from the comment box should be a button that says 'manage attachments'. If you click on that, a new window will pop up with a box to upload your picture from your computer. Make sure after you pick the picture that you scroll over to the right of it and press upload. Then close that window, and press 'submit reply' along with anything you want to type.

Sorry, I hope that isn't too confusing.

I hear that First Response tests are the most sensitive, and when used with FMU usually show the best results. So you might get a stronger positive with one of those.

FX for you!! Really hope its your BFP!!!

Fx for you!!! Let us know how the results are!!! Hoping for your BFP!!!!

(and sorry, Idk how to work BnB from a phone :/ )

Thanks...they did blood work so ill kno soon...said they would call me tomorrow....still no af...several symptoms of pregnancy....increased appatite..boobs feel fuller...incresed discharge...headaches...nausia...i wanna kno now!!! Lol...but one more day of wwaiting wont hurt

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->