NTNP/WTT? The Pull-Out Method etc

stella123

Reaction score
I have no idea whether we're NTNP or WTT. We use withdrawal at times, and no protection some other times. This month we haven't withdrawn around my fertile times.

Is anyone else in a similar position?

I've just found out today I'm likely to be made redundant from my main job due to budget cuts (currently working 5/6 jobs, as need every penny I can in this economic climate). Realistically this is the textbook worst time to get pregnant - however, like the majority of you, I have a case of Miss Broody and think everything happens for a reason. We'll just have to wait and see eh!

I'm due on the 18th, if AF hasn't arrived by then I'll test on the 19th (my birthday).

Hello Stella sounds to me like you're making a move from WTT to NTNP :)

I'm afraid I am one of those "things happen in their own time"; "things happen for a reason" and "you won't be given more trials in life than you can handle". I know all very annoying sayings but all sayings which have kept me sane in life.

I do hope you don't feel the financial strain when your BFP comes along.

Totally agree, even if it's absolute cods wallop, I live my life with 'everything happens for a reason' in the back of my mind :)

I appreciate your reply, and I hope you get your BFP this year :dust:

I find I feel no pressure or stress by using the NTNP method.

DH and I actively TTC in 2009 and I was so stressed all the time it never happened. In 2009 we were in a much better position (less dogs & cats, more money in the bank, etc) than we are now but obviously 2009 wasn't the year and I went back on BC in 2010.

And from one Yorkshire girl (no longer living in the county but still class myself as one) to another Yorkshire girl - fingers crossed for both of us to get BFPs in 2011 :dust:

When we were using the pull out method I switched between using WTT and NTNP as I was confused. It is trying too much in the WTT forum and not enough here. :haha: It seems a hard term to define.

I am just here now as we are not preventing at all now really, although we do not do it any more regularly, I have not had periods for months and even if I did have/know my fertile time we would not be DTD for an 'accident'. I think a lot of people here are TTC more than NTNP as they are wanting a BFP and DTD more when fertile. I have had 2 MMC and one pregnancy and each time we got pregnant in the first month of TTC just by DTD every 1-2 days and we never tracked ovulation so I am not a believer that you have to be charting to be classed as TTC. I think my idea is in the minority though. :shrug:

As for the timing you just manage if/when it happens. I can not tell you the stress I am under right now being a full-time mature student at uni and a primary caregiver of my son with a husband who does not help half as much as he thinks he does but I just get on with it. Also as for cost, I have to say a baby/toddler is far cheaper than I expected and my son has a lot of things so you can do it on less money if needs be. Plus, if you get made redundant you would have more time. You would struggle to keep 5-6 jobs and have a baby, they are a full time job in themselves so 1 job/education is one thing but that many would not work.

Good luck. :flower:

Goodness Omiomen I was tired just reading what you do in a day. I know how tired I used to get just being a full time student at uni and sorry to hear about your loses :hugs:

I know what you mean about not being sure what thread to talk on.

I don't think I belong in TTC as I won't be doing temps, charting, OPKs or further medical investigation but I sometimes think I'm doing more than I should to be NTNP such as taking folic acid.

It does seem to differ from person to person as what they class as TTC but I think if you find a thread with like minded people to you then stick with that regardless of which section it is in :)

Glad to know babies needn't be expensive :) Although nosing at eBay and seeing the good quality of some of the second hand items available I can see me buying much from there if I ever get pregnant.

It is tiring and very stressful but you honestly do just get on with it. I honestly do not think it is possible to realise how little sleep and food a person needs until they have a baby, lol.

We got his nursery from Ikea but got bundles of clothes in newborn and 0-3 months sizes on eBay but my MIL buy a huge some of cloths for our son from places like the Gap so we have not bought much clothes wise since I was pregnant. Also if you are wise you can realise you do not need anywhere near as much as people say you do, I wish I had realised that sooner.

It is tiring and very stressful but you honestly do just get on with it. I honestly do not think it is possible to realise how little sleep and food a person needs until they have a baby, lol.

We got his nursery from Ikea but got bundles of clothes in newborn and 0-3 months sizes on eBay but my MIL buy a huge some of cloths for our son from places like the Gap so we have not bought much clothes wise since I was pregnant. Also if you are wise you can realise you do not need anywhere near as much as people say you do, I wish I had realised that sooner.

It does seem hard to know where to fit. I spent time between WTT and here and I am between the baby and toddler forum too because by age DS is at the end of the baby forum part but by development, personality, size/build he is clearly a toddler. It reminded's me of when I was pregnant and the last few weeks of the trimester the board is irrelevant so you want to move up early but you do not quite fit there either. :dohh:

It does seem hard to know where to fit. I spent time between WTT and here and I am between the baby and toddler forum too because by age DS is at the end of the baby forum part but by development, personality, size/build he is clearly a toddler. It reminded's me of when I was pregnant and the last few weeks of the trimester the board is irrelevant so you want to move up early but you do not quite fit there either. :dohh:

I think the average human life is too complicated to fit into just one forum!

This is exactly where we are. And I am flitting between the two forums. My ticker stills says 2 and half weeks til ttc but we have stopped using protection already!! Although I think im past my ovulation days so I wouldn't say we were officially trying!:wacko:

Well I say welcome all to the not knowing were to fit thread :)

And good luck and :dust: to all

:hi:

I think we're in limbo at the moment too.
We already have a 7 month old daughter and were waiting until my OH's promotion to try, but we used the withdrawl lastnight and he thinks in 9 months time he'd have the promotion, so not really sure what's going on!

Its so confusing isnt it. I dont think anybody minds where people post, as has been said you cant all fit especially at the times between wtt to ntnp and ntnp to ttc! Lol i guess ntnp was invented as a term to bridge the gap betweem wtt and ttc but we've made even more bits between!

Argh lol. I am between ntnp and ttc myself. I dont try to bd at fertile times, just wheneva we like. We dont use protection. I have started to try opks just to figure out my body more and have more of a clue if we do happen to dtd at a fertile time. And cos its fun lol. I take folic acid when i remember.

Everyone is differnt,just go with the flow and enjoy it! Xx

:hi:

I think we're in limbo at the moment too.
We already have a 7 month old daughter and were waiting until my OH's promotion to try, but we used the withdrawl lastnight and he thinks in 9 months time he'd have the promotion, so not really sure what's going on!

Waiting is the worst...we're technically ntnp but since I am so irregular and DH is looking at a promotion (and if so graduate school at the same time...) , he says if we don't get :bfp: from ntnp, we have to wait til he's done with school to TTC properly. :wacko: Which confuses me...we're okay with ntnp if something happens but we can't try for 2 more years? :p

Semi-somewhat limbo I guess? :dohh: lol

Stella - I am in the same situation as you. My hubby pulls out during my fertile time, otherwise he doesn't. This month he didn't pull out during that time. However, last night he did. I am pretty sure I O'd 2 nights prior. Now it is just a waiting game. I would love another child. Our son is 8 and I got pg right away with him, NTNP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->