Nudity

S

Shifter

OK, so sparked off by some discussion on another thread and I thought it was worthy of a thread of its own.

How do you feel about being naked in front of your child/ren?

At what point, if any, does it become inappropriate to be naked around your kids?

Hmm interesting idea...

I think there will just come a time where it doesn't seem comfortable any more. You know, you will just 'feel' that it isn't right anymore, I don't think there is a set age. I still remember sharing a bath with my mother! haha I must have been about 4 or 5... I don't remember there being anything uncomfortable or weird about it. It didn't seem at all inapropriate.

I enjoy sharing baths and things with Anna and feel comfortable being naked around her - I don't think she will think anything of it for a long time! haha But I do think there will come a time in the next few years where my husband and I will just not be naked around her anymore, like - we will make effort to cover up before getting her out of her cot / will stop bathing with her, because it just might not feel right any more. I dunno :shrug: It's an odd one :huh:

Yeah i think there might just come a time when it doesnt feel right. I have a girl so maybe its a bit different, Chloes 2 1/2 and she still comes in the bath with me, is there when im getting dressed and comes to the toilet with me. She does get curious sometimes and asks questions so maybe if she was a boy i wouldnt do it, im not sure. OH isnt her biological father so is never naked in front of her anyway.

I used to take my son in the shower with me so I could keep an eye on him and get myself taken care of as well. He would sit on the floor of the tub and splash around while I finally got the chance to wash my hair and such. I think when he started talking and say the word boobie- it got weird.

I used to take my son in the shower with me so I could keep an eye on him and get myself taken care of as well. He would sit on the floor of the tub and splash around while I finally got the chance to wash my hair and such. I think when he started talking and say the word boobie- it got weird.

:lol: That's a great way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone! :)

I have an 11 yr old daughter and I can tell by the look on her face that she isn't comfortable seeing my naked anymore so I cover up for her sake. My sons are 3 and nearly 2 and my bump is always out when I am sat around at home. My 3 yr old says boobs etc but when I bfeed this baby he will see them more so I am not bothered about them. I am sure my 11 yr old will be a little uncomfortable with me whipping my boobs out to feed too as she has never seen me do it due to not doing it before lol.

So I started convering up for my daughters sake about 9 yrs old and I don't for my sons as they are young enough for it not to matter xxx

i don't parade around the house naked, but i wouldnt shoo my daughter out the room if i were getting changed etc and we've shared a cubicle when swimming till she were old enough to get dressed herself bout 6-7 yrs old.

she'll come into the bathroom and ask me something when i'm in the bath now etc and i'm not bothered by that and she's not either, but i would never do it to her. if i shouted through the door and she said come in fine....

my oh isnt rosies dad and so we ask her to always knock on the bedroom door and we always knock on hers, she's 14yrs old now...

i think its one of those dont make an issue about it but its about respect for yourself and other people too...

our bodies are a private thing as in we dont go flashing them to people for the sake of it. if she wants to walk around her bedroom naked fine but not around the house in front of family or friends as it could offend them and she's 14 yrs old, its different when they are toddlers and we dress them down stairs etc... its all about education and its not one of those sit down and chat once about its an on going parental skill teaching about respecting others personal space and feelings i think it comes under that umbrella.

also on the beach i never let rosie run around naked, i always left her pants on or bather i hate to see toddlers running around naked as there are weirdo's that will take advantage and it happens more than people think .

xx

I'd say once your child becomes really awkward about it.
I think I was probably 8-9 the last time I saw my mother naked. Whether it was her in the tub, getting changed, etc.

Thanks for the replies. I feel the same as most in that there will just come a time when it doesn't feel comfortable any more. I think for me it will be when my child starts asking questions or naming intimate body parts!

I totally agree with you Helen, about respecting one another and about the naked body being private past a certain point.

Hmmm... I'm 17 at the end of this month and I still sit and chat with my mum when she's in the bath and vice versa. We just have that kind of relationship I guess, it doesn't bother me if she gets changed/sun bathes topless around me and same with her, we're both very comfortable with our bodies :)
Not sure if the same will be for me and Jack, as he's a little boy, and I don't know if at the time it will feel weird as he gets older... also not sure what OH feels about all this, will have to have a big chat tonight about it all.
x

Hmmm... I'm 17 at the end of this month and I still sit and chat with my mum when she's in the bath and vice versa. We just have that kind of relationship I guess, it doesn't bother me if she gets changed/sun bathes topless around me and same with her, we're both very comfortable with our bodies :)
Not sure if the same will be for me and Jack, as he's a little boy, and I don't know if at the time it will feel weird as he gets older... also not sure what OH feels about all this, will have to have a big chat tonight about it all.
x

i think mother and daughter can be more open with each other and its nice not in a pervy way me and rosie sit having conversations while i'm in the bath but she locks the door if she's in the bath and i wouldnt dream of walking in.
but i dont think a daughter would do the same with her dad or son with his mum when they get older.

in the bath covered i bubbles etc its not like doing the dinner naked is it lol.

As above, i will still sit and chat to my mum when shes in the bath, it doesnt bother me and if it bothered her she'd lock the door?

But, i'd be very embarrased if she was to walk in on me in the bath. Or any of the rest of my family.

my son is nearly 3 and it doesnt really bother us yet. i just got changed in front of him
2day and he didnt bat an eyelid. I think its when u feel uncomfortable and that can vary between families and boys and girls. x

x

Thats the same with me. My mum never stopped being naked in front of me. Ive never seen my dad naked tho. I think maybe 2 or 3 will be when daddy covers up. But then my OH loves to walk around naked and will get his bits out in front of anyone so who knows!

Finnleys 1 and half and Laylas 3 and half .
I still get in the bath with them both , I have never even thought of it in any other way than natural . xx .

I have a ds and a step daughter. I have always walked around naked infront of my son and he has only started asking questions now at four and a half years old. But the questions won't mak me cover up, I think it's important we an talk to each other and body parts etc. He's just learning now it's not appropriate to run around naked with guests in the house, or play with his willy infront of people! LOL But I will always stress not appropriate, but if he wants to do it in private it's his business! I don't want him to feel anything is 'wrong' or 'dirty'.
My df isn't my sons dad but even so I don't think it would make a difference if we're in a long term relationship, he doesn't walk around naked but thats more his comfort and the fact he feels awkward and embaressed around his daughter.
As for me and his daughter she's seven and at first I felt a bit awkward being naked and I guess I still try and cover up my lower parts. But I'm not worried about her seeing my boobs and I try and keep it so we can be open with one another. However if either one of the children felt uncomfortable then I would cover up.

I think it is different for boys and girls. Once my son can start naming body parts is when he stops coming in the shower with me :rofl:

I cannot actually give an age that we stopped walking into the bathroom on each other, but my mom and I did the same, she would sit on the toilet and talk with me while I bathed or vice versa. I still remember asking her to come in everytime I bathed and wash my back.

Once you are old enough to get in the tub and shower on your own would be a good time to make the decision as to whether or not mom and dad walk in anymore. I think at least.

:hugs:

my mum never stopped us seeing her naked! to this day i sit in the bathroom with her wen shes in the bath and we chat. is that weird lol its never felt uncomfortable to me. faith occasionally sees me getting changed and shes seen me in the bath. i dnt know wen itll feel weird. i dnt like the idea of faith seeing oh naked tho, he always makes sure shes out of the way wen hes getting changed otr whatever

x

i was the same with my mum. my daughter is 5 and we still share a bath sometimes, she is curious thought but its nothing she wont have when she gets older so she is just learning and i dont mind that but i think i would feel different if i had a boy.

My mum never really stopped us from seeing her naked either, she never changed or showered or anything with doors locked in case we needed something I guess urgently/she needed to rush out of the room for some reason (well I assume that's why anyway!). We just started to avoid seeing her naked I guess lol when it made us feel uncomfortable or when we started thinking it was "gross" ie: before I was 10 I guess I would never share a changeroom stall with my mother, would act disgusted if she changed out in the open change area when we went swimming, etc. After I got a bit older though.. (ie: past couple years) I don't really care and I'll walk in and talk to my mum while she's changing, etc.

My parents, especially my dad, always respected my privacy in terms of knocking on closed doors, etc. before I was 10 probably as well.

I don't think I've ever seen my dad naked lol.. in his underwear or in a towel but both just briefly ie: if he was walking from his room to the washroom next door, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->