Nudity

OH thinks its weird but i guess its the way i was brought up, which im kinda glad of, if i was shy about my body infront of my mum, i would never be able to her to be one of my birthing partners cos she'll have to look right up my minnie lol :rofl::rofl:

Why will she have to look at your vagina? Surely a MW is doing the actual delivery, inc examinations etc. I'm having my husband and my mum present, but I don't expect either of them to be examining me! The birthing partner is there to support you, not deliver your baby :dohh:

yeh she will - i want her and my OH there not just for support, to witness the miracle of life, to witness my child entering the world!

OH thinks its weird but i guess its the way i was brought up, which im kinda glad of, if i was shy about my body infront of my mum, i would never be able to her to be one of my birthing partners cos she'll have to look right up my minnie lol :rofl::rofl:

Why will she have to look at your vagina? Surely a MW is doing the actual delivery, inc examinations etc. I'm having my husband and my mum present, but I don't expect either of them to be examining me! The birthing partner is there to support you, not deliver your baby :dohh:

Lol I've now got mental images of my OH slapping on some latex gloves, rubbing his hands and going "right now love, this wont hurt a bit" :rofl:

yeh she will - i want her and my OH there not just for support, to witness the miracle of life, to witness my child entering the world!

Do they know that?! :rofl: Which one of them gets to catch the baby then? Or will they have to rugby tackle each other for it?? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Do they know that?! :rofl: Which one of them gets to catch the baby then? Or will they have to rugby tackle each other for it?? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

my mum knows this, my boyfriend refused!:dohh:, hes a tad childish and a bit scared in case he sees me poo!:rofl:

Rugby tacke!!! :rofl::rofl: Classic!:rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

my mum knows this, my boyfriend refused!:dohh:, hes a tad childish and a bit scared in case he sees me poo!:rofl:

Rugby tacke!!! :rofl::rofl: Classic!:rofl::rofl:

Mine is exactly the same, just keeps saying "your going to poo yourself"

I'm 30 and my sister is 25 and if she is at my house and i'm going in the bath she will sit and chat while i'm in there she came up specifically last week cos she hadn't seen bump move yet and i had said he moved more when i was in bath so she came up for a look.

When i lived at home my mam would walk around upstairs naked if she had been in bath or got up in the night when me and my sister and brother all still lived at home.

I reckon just go with what you feel when little one is here you don't know how you will feel till then i suppose.

Wow.

What a controversial topic. It's very interesting reading about everyone's opinions regarding this subject! I'm sure you'll all gonna curse me for mine! lol......

If I do bathe with my children, it won't be for very long. I don't even want to breastfeed for very long (maybe a year, year and a half). Maybe it has to do with how I was raised (same with my DH), and I'm SO glad the 2 of us agree on this topic! I let him know about this thread.

I don't want to see my parents naked, never did, and never will. No thanks. That's just not for me to see. Sorry.
I think it's the same for our children. It's none of their business what our bodies look like. If they have any questions about anything, or different body parts, we will not lie to them about it, but we just don't believe they have to see their own parents naked bodies!!!

I believe naked bodies aren't everyone's business what yours looks like. My DH and I have no problem walking around naked in front of each other..... but no one else needs to see, including our children!

Just my opinion, not trying to argue with anyone :)

Oooo what a thread!! Sorry to gatecrash pregnancy but i wanted a read of this one!!
I had a very open upbringing where my mum would always walk round naked much to mine and my sisters annoyance and protest!! When we got to a certain age we would just go ''urrrgghh muuuum'' as you do!!
I dont make a big deal about nakedness one way or the other, neither me or my hubby walk round naked but if the kids come in while were getting changed we dont tell them to go, we just dont make an issue of it.
Im breastfeeding and will comfortably sit topless in front of the kids but would never dream of sitting bottomless because i personally find that a bit gross, i dont even sit starkers in front of my hubby unless i have to! :blush:
I dont bath with the kids because i like a scalding hot bath and to be honest i like to have a bath and get away from them for an hour!!! :rofl:
Our DS is always naked at home even when we dress him in about half hr he will have strippped himself!! Our DD will stand around naked while the bath runs and wont be bothered about it but im sure that wont last long now shes getting to a certain age!
I think kids have a way of letting you know when they are uncomfortable with yours or their nakedness, im sure our DD will get to the point soon where she wont be naked in front of us and thats fine we will respect that.

another gatecrasher! I think this is so interesting! My mum never used to worry about us seeing her naked, it bothered me for a little while when i was younger, but i would happily talk to her in the bath now, no problems, same with my sisters. I remember bathing with my real dad a little, but only vague memories. I think its good for kids, teaches them not to be ashamed of their bodies. Still, i can see why it bothers some and not others, difficult one!

Me and OH have decided that he will bath with her until shes one and bigger, the only reason oh will be taking a bath with LO until she's one is because i am overly frightened of bathing her as she will be small and its easier to keep hold of them when you are in the bath! Hes also a lot more careful than me and i enjoy baths on my own!

Iv always felt akward around nudity, no idea why just its seems a bit to personal for me. Obviously im fine to do it around OH but thank god i never had to see my parents naked ewwww too gross!

Its personal choice though, its not exactly a big deal.

My mum used to walk about naked when we where kids and I was digusted and so was my dad and brother. Then she carried it on to my teens and my bro is even older than me and my little sister catched on to this and started walking around naked also. she has autism. So in my twenties my mum would sit in the livingroom in just her bra! i would pull up and see her from outside! my sis would be walking around in nothing and she was about 11 or 12. It took me ages to break that habbit with my sis as god knows who was looking in thr house. So in my eyes my mum didnt set a good example. I didnt walk around naked thank god! but I wasnt impressed with my mum doing it.

Thanks for so many replies. It is fascinating to see how different opinions can be on this.

I suppose where I come down on this, ultimately, is that the naked body is beautiful but in a way it is kept beautiful by modesty. My hubby and I have a special relationship that includes nudity, but I don't feel that it is necessarily appropriate to have that kind of relationship with children. It's not just a sexual issue, it is intimacy too. You can have closeness without intimacy, if that makes sense, and that is the kind of relationship I believe is important to have with your own children.

Can I just elaborate mine a bit better in case you think I was daming what you where saying. my mum had thrush and always had her errm hand down there also so we got to see a bit to much and thats what really turned everyone. She was banned from making lunches if you get my drift. I feel embarassed saying that but thats where I get the digust for seeing her naked a lot when I was a child. Also giving me scare stories on smear tests and periods wasnt apprecaited as I still havnt got a smear test becasue of what she would tell me. She didnt go about it to well at all. And i didnt like anyone outside who could see in seeing her there with hand down you know.........

:( TMI I know. There are ways of doing it and that wasnt it.

I also posted in the other thread where nakedness came up, but I'll post again :)

I grew up in a very open household, I would still go and sit on the edge of the bath and talk to my Mum now. I can't remember when I last saw my Dad naked, but I've certainly walked in on him changing and it's been a case of "oh, sorry!" but no great embarassment to either of us. My Dad has definitely be known to rush down the corridor in his underwear and I would not find it weird.

I have 3 sisters and they're all slightly different. My youngest sister will still go in and talk to my Mum in the bath, but she's incredibly self-concious about her own body. This is down to her being very overweight though, she's trying to lose weight at the moment and gradually feeling better about her self. One of my other sisters would change in front of me but not the other two - we're close, I think she's just being difficult ;) The other is fairly open so we would change together but again she's overweight so wouldn't flaunt herself.

I'm definitely known as the nakey one ;) My friends have kinda got used to it. I lived with my best girlfriend when I was 21, previously she'd always changed in private, after 2 months with me she was walking around the house singing naked :rofl:

I don't know how it will be if I have boys, I grew up in a very female environment, it's something we'll tackle as we go. DH and I both wander around naked a lot. He's not from the UK and I have spent a lot of time in Europe and on the beach I will either be topless or naked, depending on how I feel and where it is.

We wander about naked at the moment. Dan is nearly 8. I guess I will stop doing it if and when he starts feeling concious about himself and it makes him uncomfortable. My DH still has a bath in front of his Mum tho...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->