Nudity

I have a ds and a step daughter. I have always walked around naked infront of my son and he has only started asking questions now at four and a half years old. But the questions won't mak me cover up, I think it's important we an talk to each other and body parts etc. He's just learning now it's not appropriate to run around naked with guests in the house, or play with his willy infront of people! LOL But I will always stress not appropriate, but if he wants to do it in private it's his business! I don't want him to feel anything is 'wrong' or 'dirty'.
My df isn't my sons dad but even so I don't think it would make a difference if we're in a long term relationship, he doesn't walk around naked but thats more his comfort and the fact he feels awkward and embaressed around his daughter.
As for me and his daughter she's seven and at first I felt a bit awkward being naked and I guess I still try and cover up my lower parts. But I'm not worried about her seeing my boobs and I try and keep it so we can be open with one another. However if either one of the children felt uncomfortable then I would cover up.

i totally agree, i'm the same with my son. I think its a personal choice thing. but if he asks me questions about my bits n bobs then i always try to answer as honestly as possible. I want him to be proud of his body when hes older and not be ashamed.

:hug:

Hmmm... I'm 17 at the end of this month and I still sit and chat with my mum when she's in the bath and vice versa. We just have that kind of relationship I guess, it doesn't bother me if she gets changed/sun bathes topless around me and same with her, we're both very comfortable with our bodies :)
Not sure if the same will be for me and Jack, as he's a little boy, and I don't know if at the time it will feel weird as he gets older... also not sure what OH feels about all this, will have to have a big chat tonight about it all.
x

same!! lol sometimes theres me and my sister whos 16 and her in there!

(Not al in the bath together:rofl::rofl:)

well i would never cover up as i grew up prude and shy and embarrassed of my body cos my mum was very closed in this area but i wont be as open as my ex was - he and his mum and sister and dad would jst go in and chat to eachother in the bath....when ur 26 and going into the bathroom to chat to ur mum or over ur sisters house and chat to her in the bath i think thats a bit odd....maybe thats my upbringing i dunno but i do sit and chat to my best friend whilst she is in the bath and vice verca

Jai Jai, I wasn't brought up in anywhere near as open an environment as some people who have posted on this thread. And I'm more reserved than others seem to be as a consequence. I agree that chatting to naked family in the bath as adults is a bit weird. I wouldn't be comfortable with that, not with my parents.

Hubby and I are very comfortable in that way, he sits with me while I'm in the bath, we tend not to close the bathroom door when it is just the two of us, so occasionally wee while chatting etc. But that kind of relationship is unique for both of us.

I don't want my LO to be ashamed of their body, but I'm not ashamed of mine. I just have plenty of modesty.

I think there is a lot to be said for talking openly about our bodies, we don't have to put them on display in order to be open.

Totally agree shifter!!! I dont think the way I was bought up made me sefl concsious I just grew up very quickly got stretch marks everywhere at the age of 10 cos I shot up (not outwards) and my skin being fair was not ready for it, and it troubled me for a long time, until my best friend kinda bought me out of my shell and now I am not nearly half as bad. I have that relationship with my OH too and its special between us.....I just could never get my head around my exes way of bathing...he'd get his Mother to wash his back - ODD!!

I hate my body but don't want my kids to have the same hang ups so I don't hide away from them. If they walk in when I'm getting changed or having a bath then that's fine, I sometimes have a bath with them (not all at once:rofl:) but prefer not to coz I like my bath hot. Hubby goes for a wee in front of the kids and also has a bath with them sometimes although he tends to put a flannel over his willy as Abi and toby are both mesmorised by it:rofl::blush:. He doesn't hide when getting in bath etc but just keeps it out of Toby's reach:rofl::blush:.

I suppose the time will come when you start to feel more uncomfortable seeing your parents without clothes....will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Oh yeah, I breastfeed too so the kids associate breasts with milk and nothing else which is good. Unless you're getting dressed and your daughter comments

"Mummy, you have long, long milk"

:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

Thanks for that....like I need a 4 year old to tell me I have droopy boobies:dohh::cry:

Thanks for that....like I need a 4 year old to tell me I have droopy boobies:dohh::cry:

Sorry that made me laugh!

We were in Aldi yesterday and on the front of thier washing powder in a boy in a towel, Ewan suddenly points and says look mummy hes got boobs!:rofl: i could have died laughing! don't think the old dear walking past was too impressed!

We try and be as open as we can with Ewan and will be the same with new baby, Tom doesnt cover up but doesnt walk round nude, same as me really. He know what bits are and knows i am different to his dad.
I have seen mum and grandma naked but never dad.
OH can talk quite openly with his mum about personal problems, he had an op on his willy afew years back and was discussing it with her, which i found a bit weird, and his mum will discus period problems and menopause with him too. Nice that they are so open and i hope we can be the same with our kids.

Jai Jai, I wasn't brought up in anywhere near as open an environment as some people who have posted on this thread. And I'm more reserved than others seem to be as a consequence. I agree that chatting to naked family in the bath as adults is a bit weird. I wouldn't be comfortable with that, not with my parents.

Hubby and I are very comfortable in that way, he sits with me while I'm in the bath, we tend not to close the bathroom door when it is just the two of us, so occasionally wee while chatting etc. But that kind of relationship is unique for both of us.

I don't want my LO to be ashamed of their body, but I'm not ashamed of mine. I just have plenty of modesty.

I think there is a lot to be said for talking openly about our bodies, we don't have to put them on display in order to be open.

I personality think its werid that you wouldn't! lol
Im not offended by your saying that and i hope your not offended by me saying this.

Im 17 not exactly classed as an adult but i would be naked in front of my mum whenever! the way i see it i came out of her "Minnie" and nakedness shouldnt be classed as weird, dont get me wrong im not gonna get up and do my shopping naked :rofl::rofl::rofl:

This is just my opinion :hugs:

Fair enough Hannah, we are all different :rofl: I just meant it would be weird for me.

yeh course

every one has different opinions about things, was just worried in case this turned into some kinda of argument :rofl: x

aaah no arguments allowed on this site!! dont get me wrong i have gotten naked in front of my mum, the last dance show i was in i was 22 and had 5 quick changes so yes nakedness was involved and my mum got me changed im not too prude jst i would feel werid going in and having a chat with my mum in the bath - but thats how i was bought up.....i dnt think its too weird for a woman and her daughter no matter what age to be comfy but a boy at 26 chattin to mum in the bath i jst found it odd lmao maybe thats just me and i have the prob which i am totally open to as well :D i think its nice to have that closeness with someone like ur mum as i never had it but thats why i would feel weird, i hope i have a closer relationship with my daughter xxxx

Im not offended by your saying that and i hope your not offended by me saying this.

Im 17 not exactly classed as an adult but i would be naked in front of my mum whenever! the way i see it i came out of her "Minnie" and nakedness shouldnt be classed as weird, dont get me wrong im not gonna get up and do my shopping naked :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I also find it a bit weird that people find it weird that people talk in the bath (if you get me lol) no offence intended

I'm 18, 19 in a month, and I still talk to my mum in the bath, my OH thinks I'm weird for it, but all our family have always done it and it's just normal for us.

Edit-OP I think that there isnt a "right" time to stop being naked around your kids as they are your kids and nudity shouldnt been hidden, although if people feel uncomfortable, its whenever they feel ready

I also find it a bit weird that people find it weird that people talk in the bath (if you get me lol) no offence intended

I'm 18, 19 in a month, and I still talk to my mum in the bath, my OH thinks I'm weird for it, but all our family have always done it and it's just normal for us.

Edit-OP I think that there isnt a "right" time to stop being naked around your kids as they are your kids and nudity shouldnt been hidden, although if people feel uncomfortable, its whenever they feel ready

Thank god im not the only one, i was worrying every was gonna think i was a toally weirdo

OH thinks its weird but i guess its the way i was brought up, which im kinda glad of, if i was shy about my body infront of my mum, i would never be able to her to be one of my birthing partners cos she'll have to look right up my minnie lol :rofl::rofl:

I've never seen my parents naked in my memory, however I've seen my mum in her underwear plenty and often chat to her when she's getting ready to go out.

It's funny, but since being pregnant I don't see my body as sexual anymore. My boobs are for feeding my baby, they aren't sexual things anymore. After carrying my child I just feel different. Nudity doesn't bother me at all.

I've never seen my parents naked in my memory, however I've seen my mum in her underwear plenty and often chat to her when she's getting ready to go out.

It's funny, but since being pregnant I don't see my body as sexual anymore. My boobs are for feeding my baby, they aren't sexual things anymore. After carrying my child I just feel different. Nudity doesn't bother me at all.

I don't know if this is good or bad or neither but I feel the same way since becoming pregnant. :huh:

Thank god im not the only one, i was worrying every was gonna think i was a toally weirdo

OH thinks its weird but i guess its the way i was brought up, which im kinda glad of, if i was shy about my body infront of my mum, i would never be able to her to be one of my birthing partners cos she'll have to look right up my minnie lol :rofl::rofl:

Nooo your not the only one ha ha

My mum is going to be my birth partner, and I was allowed to watch my mum give birth to my sister when I was 8, which a lot of friends think was weird, but I dont think so

I don't know if this is good or bad or neither but I feel the same way since becoming pregnant. :huh:

For me its a good thing, as I feel much more comfortable with my body. I don't care that I have baby weight, or stretch marks. I'm proud that my body tells a story about the fact I brought my daughter into the world.

I'm still interested in sex and things, but I don't care what random people think of my body anymore. I've never been more comfortable with the way I look.

I always see my mum naked , even now , she knows i hate it :lol: Im a shy person and just yell ' ohh muuuum' :lol:

Myself and OH both bath with the girls , and Carly knows the difference , when she gets older OH will stop for obvious reasons but at 3 she isnt fazed!

Sorry to jump into your section (the title of the thread grabbed my interest :blush:) I'm the same as Jayleigh and Hannah. Me, my mum and my 16yo sister have no problems seeing each other naked. We don't walk around naked but will talk to each other in the bath/shower/whilst changing. I know my friends find it odd though xx

Why will she have to look at your vagina? Surely a MW is doing the actual delivery, inc examinations etc. I'm having my husband and my mum present, but I don't expect either of them to be examining me! The birthing partner is there to support you, not deliver your baby :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->