Nursery disaster

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
So was my daughters induction today. She was so excited and went in happy. Went to pick her up and hour later and she went crazy. My polite, happy kid made me look like the worst mum in the world. She had such a strop she ended up accidently headbutting me (which almost made me cry) and it took me 15 minutes to get her to stop crying and get her out. Her teacher even had to kind of give her a row "was an accident to hurt mummy but when she tells you its time to go maybe we should be good and do as she says" I'm so embarrassed! Please someone tell me other kids have acted like this?

First kid at nursery, someone reassure me?!?!

It's fine honestly, so many emotions going on for your little one, excited to be at nursery, prob a bit sad at having to leave, joy at seeing you again all coming out in a big temper. I would say the staff have seen it all before all children act so different to new situations

Thank you! She didn't say a word on the walk home and has said sorry a few times since we got in. I told my husband about it when he phoned (away from her she couldnt hear) and he gently reminded me that she was only the doctors on Tuesday for a fever and bad headache so is likely still not feeling 100%. Shes's not back til Monday but will be there for the full morning so i'm hoping it goes better. Hopefully the teachers understands and doesn't think shes a bad kid, shes usually so sweet x

I spent a few months working in a nursery as a temporary TA years ago and honestly, with children that young, you see it all - tantrums on arrival, tantrums when leaving, tantrums over meals, tantrums over toys, spilt drinks, puke, pee, poop ...

No big deal at all! She'll get used to it.

It's all fine. I had it the other way round I had to carry mine in a few times under my arm kicking and screaming not wanting to go. It will get better once they get into the routine. She must of been having so much fun there she didn't want to leave. On the positive you have chosen a good nursery she's happy at x

So her teacher isn't going to think she's a naughty kid? I explained she hasn't ever been to nursery or anything like it before and she was surprised saying they had been discussing how well she settled, and how they thought she must have been at another nursery before. Im just worried they will think she is bad as she did that all within an hour of first meeting them. It was horrible

I really wouldn't worry about it, it won't be the first time they have seen it. All through the summer months every time I picked my son up and he was playing outside he would run away from me screaming when he saw me and have to be caught. He'd then scream all the way to th car. On the occasions I managed to get to him before they went out it was like a different child running up to cuddle me wanting to go straight away. He's just a bit feral and hates being taken away from playing outside. Didn't stop me feeling like the worst mum ever though. It will get better, try to think of it in a positive way, she was so settled and happy she wasn't ready to go home.

Hi my ds was really upset end totally out of sorts when he started his new nursery. I really thought he would never settle and was on the verge is taking him out but then overnight he did and in the end loved going. It's just so strange for them to start with but loverly so see them playing with little friends and happy once they settle. My ds starts school this September time goes so quickly.. his last day at nursery is tomorrow and I'm gutted that he is leaving x

It's really normal for them to cry and get upset when leaving. It's very emotional to see you again and go home with you after you've been apart. Perfectly healthy sign of good attachment and nothing the teacher hasn't seen a million times. It sounds like maybe she was trying to make light of it and distract from the situation so it didn't escalate and make you feel worse (though not very successfully!). But yes, very normal for many kids. Mine cried when I dropped her off and picked her up for probably first 3 months. But after that, she settled in beautifully and it's been such a wonderful experience for all of us.

Children can get overwhelmed by new experiences, throw in a recent illness and it is totally normal for her to act out of character. Her teacher will know that! Put it out of your mind :hugs:

I work in a nursery and it's so common! My little girl has burst into tears when I've gone to pick her up multiple times!

Very normal behaviour and I would have been furious at the nursery worker for suggesting she was not 'good' when getting emotional at your return. They should know better than to use that language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->