Nursery

Jules

Mummy of 1 Girl & 1 Boy
Reaction score
My OH is wanting to get our bedrooms sorted out (haven't been moved in long and need some finishing off).

We have two very large bedrooms and a sort of box bedroom which fits a single bed in, they all have fitted wardrobes. Obviously we have the biggest bedroom, i wanted the baby to have the second biggest and box room can have the computer etc in it.

BUT my OH wants baby to have small room and us move into the second biggest room as its really quiet as it faces a field..... but it would not fit (without cramming it all in) the bed and cot

I have read its good to put baby in its own room from the start off but i am thinking i would like to have it in my room for a couple of months until i get used to things.... whats everyone else doing/done? Should baby be in own room from start or have him/her with us for a couple of months??????

I'm definitally having Colton with us for the first few months. Hmm.. I read that it was okay to have them in your room, but not recommended past 3 months. My mom bought me a bassinet, and he is staying next to us. It will make it easier to get up and feed him through the night as well!

I haven't decided yet. Our nursery is right next to our bedroom, but I think having the peanut in the room with us would be easier. DH snores SO LOUDLY though, that I'm not sure if it would keep him/her awake or not..he keeps ME awake almost all night. If I keep peanut in the nursery, I can also keep our 7 cats out of that room. If he/she is in our room...well, that's where the kitties sleep at night too. Ack...I don't know yet.

We had our baby in with us from birth until around 3 months as he was so noisy, grunting and farting half the night lol. You don't realise at first how noisy a tiny baby can be, it was exhausting.
So from 3 months he's been in his own room and we just have the monitor in our room.

Cx

A friend already recommended putting the baby in it's room from the start, mainly because of what MrsE said. But I just don't know at this point.

I have been reading a parenting book and it says it will basically make life easier for myself in the long run putting the baby in its nursery as they get used to there surroundings etc etc but i hate thinking of the baby all by its little self!! And what if i don't hear her/him crying?!? plus the lazy side of it of actually going into other room lol

my nursery is on the second floor of the house whereas my bedroom is on teh third. I'll defo want the baby in with us for a month or two if we can cope with teh gurggles - save traipsing up and down the stairs! Then again...I do wonder if it might be best to put him/her downstiars and have a baby monitor - least that way I can go and sooth him/he and Daddy can get more sleep - he'll be the one having to go to work in the morning after all...

Thats the only thing i thought really about putting the baby in our room, poor OH has to get up early, and will have broken sleep, hmmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->