• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nursing clothes

callmedan

Reaction score
Has anyone found any decent nursing clothes? I'm so sick of wearing vest tops!!
I ordered some dresses from ASOS but they are all maternity/nursing so they are so big, why don't shops make separate clothes for nursing!
Im in the UK but would appreciate any ideas people have

I suppose it depends how warm it is, but I sometimes wear nursing vest tops (mine are from H&M) under a normal top, and then just pull the top up when I need to feed. Obviously it's not very discreet but it's better than having to wear the same few tops over and over. I agree about nursing clothes being limited though - it's a shame really.

i struggled to find something so just used large t shirts in the end x

Good nursing clothes are SO hard to find. I finally gave up after about a month and went with the double shirt method (outer gets pulled up, inner down), or if it's hot simply wearing a lower cut shirt that a boob can be whipped out over the top. And if in public you can just use a small blanket (I've used burp rags too) to cover the top. I was so paranoid about it in the beginning but I'm pretty used to doing it in public now.. I didn't think I would get used to it but I did!

I ordered some dresses from ASOS but they are all maternity/nursing so they are so big, why don't shops make separate clothes for nursing!

This is so true. I suppose they do that because a lot of people wear maternity for a few months after giving birth and can't fit into "regular" clothes yet.

But then again, some people nurse for years! Wish I could help but I haven't found much good and I'm in the US. I did order some from milknursingwear.com, but they are expensive.

I dont wear a bra and just pull my shirt up, or boob out over top.
And i have DDD boobs (im a small girl so it was awkward getting used to the growth!)
I found i just had to get over doing it in public. I dont think i expose very much skin with this method. The bra is what made it the most awkward for me!

This is so true. I suppose they do that because a lot of people wear maternity for a few months after giving birth and can't fit into "regular" clothes yet.

Except that nursing itself provides a quick way to shrink the uterus down. I know this doesn't deal with any weight gain, but there are plenty of clothes for just being a bit fatter, so no need to make nursing clothes out of proportion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->