nursing every 2 hours!!!!

birdlee337

Reaction score
My little one is 6 weeks 3 days old. She has started to nurse every 2 hours again!!!! Thankfully at night my mom helps me out by giving her a bottle or two of what I have pumped so I can sleep.seems like as soon as I burb her and change her diaper or clothes she is hungry again!!!! Is this normal? Is she having a growth spurt? Thanks all!

6 weeks is definitely a typical time for a growth spurt. My LO pretty much nursed continuously around that time. Although he'll be 10 weeks this week and he's always fed every 2 hours at least (with the exception of nights when he mostly sleeps through). Just be careful with sleeping too long and giving bottles because you could reduce your supply. If it wasn't typical before for your LO then it's probably temporary though. :)

My lo is 7 weeks and has gone back to nursing every 2 hours day and night. Before this we got to around every 3 hours at night so thinking its a growth spurt. Hopefully they will settle soon

Please don't set yourself up to think that the older they get, the longer they go between feeds. It just doesn't work like that.

The game is constantly changing. They may go through periods of spacing feeds out, but more often than not this will be followed by a week or two of more frequent nursing.

Breastfeeding offers so much more than nutrition and so the amount they feed is often linked to what is going on with them developmentally. So starting to sit up/crawl/walk will usually be accompanied by the need to feed more often to provide them with the comfort and reassurance they need to help them through.

Don't think to much about timings/schedules and just go with the flow, feed her when she asks. Good luck!!

Sounds normal. Mine were still nursing 2 hourly until they were 9 months. Feeds do get shorter though.

Sounds normal to me. DS is ten weeks and feeds every two hours. DD did for ages too.

My baby has always nursed every two hours. But the time spent feeding has changed. Before she spent 45mins on both boobs (20-25mins a boob) until she was full. Now she spends 5-10mins nursing. She literally drains my left breast in 5-7mins and then begins on my right for a couple mins and falls asleep.

My lo is 5 months and feeds about 2 hourly this week. No pattern really sometimes it spreads out. Sometimes seems continuous.

Mine has always fed every two hours. I'm starting to find the lack of sleep a real challenge since I get no rest during the day with my toddler to chase after. DS2 seems to be hitting another growth spurt too, we were at a party for four hours yesterday and he fed six times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->