Nursing to sleep at 7months

danielle1984

Mom of a baby boy
Reaction score
My son is 7 months and still nurses to sleep. I'm looking for advice/others experience on the subject.

Has anyone LO stop nursing to sleep on their own? And would resettle on their own? If so at what age? I'm kinda of hoping he will on his own by doing some of the techniques from the No Cry sleep solution he will figure it out himself. I know he is still young and still needs to feed at night so I'm not expecting him to STTN for 12 hours right away. He still wakes up every 1-2 hrs, I find myself exhausted but know/hope it's temporary.

i stopped nursing to sleep at 18 months and that was the end of breastfeeding altogether! I still rocked him but stuck a binky in his mouth instead. I let him lay his head up against my breast for a while so he still got that comfort. After a while (month, maybe?) he didn't need it anymore. he's 26 months and i still rock him to sleep... every night. My LO has always been a crappy sleeper, and he still needs us throughout the night.

Do what works best for you. If you're ok nursing to sleep, i see no problem with it.

We still nurse to sleep. She'll lay down to go to sleep at daycare, but if I'm there, she cries until I give her milk. We cosleep, so it's pretty easy to let her nurse and still get some rest, but if I know it's not because of hunger, sometimes a cuddle will do just as well to get her back to sleep. We're at the point now that she only wakes up once, maybe twice on a bad night. Maybe try cuddling back to sleep and see if that works.

I've started rocking to sleep the past few days. When I can see LO's nearly asleep and no longer actively eating, I've been unlatching her and rocking instead. I know it's moving onto a new sleep association, but it means that OH is also able to put her to sleep (although haven't tried that yet).

I continue to nurse to sleep (my little man is 16 months almost) but i did some sleep training so he knows how to fall asleep without it and will soothe himself at wake time in the night. He will normally sttn with the occasional wakeup once here and there for some comfort boobie (he isnt hungry he just likes it). Just have to do what feels right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->