Nursing tops

Faerie

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
Hi ladies, have you all bought specific nursing tops? Was just looking around and they seem so expensive!

Nah nothing took my fancy, i found them all to be a bit plain and boring especially considering the price tho i must confess i didn't look much further than mothercare. i ended up just buying a load of tops that had buttons down the front from new look/ dotty p's etc. You'd need nursing bras though.

like this type of thing https://www.newlook.co.uk/1636057/163605722/ProductDetails.aspx https://www.newlook.co.uk/1635866/163586632/ProductDetails.aspx just for example.

p.p.s :lol: just a word of warning aswell, don't get a top that's too low cut because nursing bras tend to be quite bulky whereas a normal bra tends to have a nip in that central bit. if you get too low cut top you'll be able to see the nursing bra under the top (not a fab look :lol:) Hope that makes sense!

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to get fitted for my nursing bras this week, boobs have just had a growth spurt and I'm being induced next week. I've found that with maternity bras too, that you can always see them under any low cut tops - first time I've got boobies, I want to show them off :rofl:

i also wouldn't buy too many nursing bras in the size they recommend at your fitting until you know for sure your size aswell because they only guess the size you're going to be! I wasted loads of money coz the woman was wrong!

Dont go mad before - just get one or two cheap ones. Then when you get going you can treat yourself to some nice bras once your boobs settle.

Regarding tops I dont have any proper nursing tops - my tip is belly bands. Just buy a pack from New Look for a tenner and put them under your normal clothes. Then you can lift a normal top and your midrif is completely covered!! I dress in layers too - I find thats all that you really need. I found buttons too faffy.

Belly bands are an absolute must! :D

my sister gave me a nursing top from mothercare, it sort of unhooked then there was another section with peepholes for your nipples! my fella roared with laughter when he saw it and said it looked like bondage gear!! i prefer to just wear loose tops i can pull up which sort of cover everything, i BF everywhere i go, in the pub, in restaurants, during lectures at uni, once during a role-play cross examination by a real barrister stood up at the front of the lecture hall! he he :)

aw i though bump bands were my genius idea! i wear them over my boobs and it looks like im wearing a vest top under my low cut tops.. h&m mama do some nice nursing tops though- i have some for special occasions- very discreet!

I lived in them for about 4 weeks lol now they just sit in my draw. they r expensive but very handy while bf

Cool.. I already have a couple of bump bands but they might be slightly stretched... I wore them with my normal trousers until about 30 weeks.

i just bought a new pack of 3 from new look website for a tenner as mine were too stretched. I got a size small so they fit nice and snug. ;)

hey faerie gota agree with the others. loose tops and belly bands do the trick :) cant believe you're being induced next week already!! where has the time gone ey? loads of luck to you and hope all goes smoothly. x x x x x x

H&M have nursing vest tops etc for under £10.00

Oh and for a bit more they did tops with matching sleepsuits for baby :rofl:

try mamaway.co.uk

they do some nice tops if you want a couple of discreet nursing options..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->