nutramigen for first time..

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
so i gave my little boy nutramigen aa lipil for the first time, he usually has 5oz, after 2oz he stopped and was sick, for the first time after being sick, he cried.. he had 3 oz all in all in the end
I remember on his first bottle with gaviscon he was sick, and his first bottle on SMA he was too, but never ever cried when sick.. does this mean anything or should i just carry on in the hopes it just him getting used to it?

is this for cmpi? if so its meant to be horrible, my HV etc all said babies will starve them self for a few days to not drink it, then they get so hungry they have no choice :( :hugs:

CMPI is Cows milk protein intolerance (allergy to cows milk based formulas).

thanks. im not too sure if this is what my LB has, was first told suspected reflux, tried and failed with gaviscon, tried and failed with SMA stay down. so doc said to try this as google says he is showing symptoms of cows milk allergy. not actually been diagnosed with anything, just told to try this milk see if it works..
it stinks i know what much x

It took my LO about a week to get used to the taste as it really is disgusting. The smell is awful so I can only imagine the taste of it after the sweetness of the other formula.

Did you google or the Dr? I'd be changing Dr's if mine ever used google to dignose my baby! Thats what they train for years doing not use the internet!

I'm so sorry. We were told to try this with Micah. At first, I thought it was ROTTEN because it smelled so bad. Every time he tried it, he would throw up and scream. So I finally tried it myself and I got sick myself. Needless to say, I never forced it on him again. :nope:

i took him back today as he was vomiting every bottle and crying, he is also crying for no reason like gas or tummy upset, and he never cried usually only if hungry or for nappy change, i saw a doctor who speaks sense, he said she shouldnt have even given me it, before giving milk for an allergy its best for them to be tested for an allergy, he said its defo reflux. he wont rule a allergy out, but its hard to know for sure before they are on solids, he gave me anfamil (i think its called) told me to try that for 2 week, if no progress he personally will refer me..

and yes cocosianelle the DOCTOR googled 'sicky baby' i thought exactly the same, a doctor should know without using google, i could do that my self and come with a better conclusion xx

I'm glad you saw a Dr with some sense! I cannot believe that first Dr was checking google?!

Hopefully this milk will suit him better, poor bugger. Keep us updated :)

I was given this when my daughter 4 months old as she had suspected lactose intolerance!
I tried it several times and she point blank refused to drink it, I tasted it and then didn't try it again! Its plain disgusting! Turned out my LO didn't need it luckily.

i just cant believe a doctor needed to google it, whenever i tell anyone they look at me shocked too, i should have said something there and then, but you are supposed to be able to put your trust in doctors, from now on im going to ask to see the doctor i saw yesterday every time i go, it seems hes the only one that knows what hes on about hes still being sick on Enfamil, but i assume it needs time to work so im not worried yet. i know they say not to add Gaviscon to 'thicker' milk, but Enfamil isnt thick in the bottle, it thickens in the tummy, so could i still use gaviscon for a while to stop him being sick until this milk does its magic, or should i just perservere using 5 bibs per feeding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->