O/T But Need Some Opinions/Help

J

Jade--x

So before I go any further into detail, I can't do hospitals and waiting otherwise I'd be there already, unless it's my children or unless I'm totally unconscious unable to have a panic attack and run away - As a child and through my pregnancies I was in hospital ALOT and treated like crap..Alot. So I have a huge phobia when being treated myself as a patient.

I've done something to my arm. I landed on my elbow early (it's a long story how and I'm sure it's hilarious looking back but I'm in too much pain to laugh just yet) and now I can't use it properly. At first it was the kind of shooting pains when you hit your funny bone and I couldn't move it at all and then once I started moving it it got so much worse. I can't lift anything, even an empty mug! When I do my arm starts spasming from my elbow to my finger tips and twitching uncontrollably. Everyone keeps saying it's probably just a bruise, and that by tomorrow it will be black, but I just feel like it's something more than that, but it's definitely not broken as I can move it, it just really really hurts to. I get a really sharp pain all the way to my hand and up to my shoulder when I try to straighten it and wondered if it sounded like a sprain? I'm not even sure if it's possible to sprain your elbow that way though.

Anyway any opinions on what it could be would be very much appreciated and if it's no better by tomorrow I will go and see the doctors, I just want to avoid it if I can :)

Can you call NHS 24 and get seen by the out of hours?

Maybe you trapped a nerve if its a sharp tingly pain? Maybe take painkillers and see how it is tomorrow?
If you can't do a hospital Gould you face the walk in centre? Some of them ( well ours does!) have x ray machines ?

I never thought of the walk in centre to be honest, it is sharp but it's not really tingly it's like shooting. Ours is quite new so I would have thought they would? I think if it's no better tomorrow morning I'll give them a call and see if they can give me an appointment. I had to take my LO not long ago and they were much quicker in there than the hospital x

I never thought of the walk in centre to be honest, it is sharp but it's not really tingly it's like shooting. Ours is quite new so I would have thought they would? I think if it's no better tomorrow morning I'll give them a call and see if they can give me an appointment. I had to take my LO not long ago and they were much quicker in there than the hospital x

Check online if they have an x ray machine, you don't need an appointment you just sit and wait.
I'm sure it's nothing but I'd take the walk In centre over A&E any day!

Everywhere that you go here e.g doctors, walk in centre for something like that they send you to hospital to get it checked out! Sorry no help I know but thought I'd warn you :hugs:

Sorry, you will need an x ray, just because you can move it doesnt mean it's not broken, there are two bones in your arm, multiple bones make up your elbow, if it's a simple s all break the.pn you will still have movement, although breaks generally display, swollen, red, and hot, they usually swell a lot but then so can sprains.

No one can diagnose you without a x ray I'm afraid.

It may possibly be better tomorrow and be bruised etc, only you know much much pain your in and what your prepared to do to sort it.

I hate hospitals, so I know the time I drag myself there is something that needs sorting and it's always does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->