O/T cleaning rant

gypsymom

Reaction score
Sorry it's long, just have to get it off my chest, every thing just happened one right after the other.:cry:

So with my depression and minor cold I haven't really had the energy to do a lot of cleaning around the house and because DH works 16 hour days managing a restaurant (which includes him shutting down the dish pit at night) the last thing he wants to do when he gets home at midnight is clean. But today I finally got off my butt and decided to get started on my massive deep clean before I get too big to bend over.

So I started cleaning our bedroom and sorting laundry and I'm going through DH's clothes getting incredibly frustrated because I swear the man own just as many clothes as I do but he NEVER wears any of them and half of his t-shirts have HUGE rips in them. We're running out of dresser and closet space even after I put a BUNCH of MY clothes into sotrage or donation bags. I brought this up to DH and he got all snippy at me about how he has uses for these ripped shirts (he doesn't) and he wears all of his clothes on a regular basis (he doesn't) and he doesn't understand why he has to get rid of some of his clothes.

THEN I went to do the dishes and earlier today i had set a cake pan to soak in the sink to soften up the stale cake bits. The minute I turn my sink on the water pressure starts acting up and the spray hose busts a HUGE leak which not only makes my kitchen sink useless but it totally SOAKED ME. So now my kitchen smells like moldy cake and apple dish soap, which believe me, is the last thing a pregnant woman wants to smell, and it's going to stay that way until DH gets home from work and disconnects the water from the hose.

AND FINALLY I turned the dishwasher on and then threw a load of laundry in the washing machine. Big mistake. Apparently the drainage for the laundry machine is hooked up to the same pipe the drainage for the dish washer is and that drain cycles sinked up causing an over flow which turned my kitchen into a friggin lake.

I want to cry. Really hard. I finally find the energy to clean and it all goes to hell in the span of three hours. I give up:growlmad:

:hug:

You poor thing that is awful!!! He is gonna have to suck it up, and throw some clothes away. And your poor kitchen! I would just walk away, pretend like that room doesnt even exist until OH gets home! Hope your night gets better!

:hug:

You poor thing that is awful!!! He is gonna have to suck it up, and throw some clothes away. And your poor kitchen! I would just walk away, pretend like that room doesnt even exist until OH gets home! Hope your night gets better!

Thanks, I hope it gets better too. I've decided to treat myself and not get up from the couch. I've got netflix on my computer, a pizza with ham and onions on the way, and a box of cherry dipped dilly bars from DQ in my freezer. That is my plan for tonight, and if my DH comes home and wonders why the kitchen is a mess I will drown him in my newly made kitchen lake.

Well, that sounds like a pretty awful day. I'm sorry honey. It's gotta be a better day tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->