O/T Smoking ban sheltered areas?

Nope its not illegal aslong as its not enclosed with more than 3 walls shelters are fine

Where I live it's illegal to smoke almost anywhere, enclosed or not. It's banned on all Hospital grounds, court house grounds, parks and pretty much everywhere, their even thinking of making a law banning people from smoking in cars with small children, which I think is a brilliant idea :)

I smoke occasionally now, but I am very careful where abouts I do have one if I'm out and about, as I worry about children or babies being nearby.

It should be stricter here in the UK with where you can smoke IMO. Right outside a hospital/health centre, near the automatic doors? That's just... ugh.

It should be! I hate walking out of my supermarket to the smokers huddled under the shelter right at the doors to go in/out!

I'm not sure on the presice laws, but aslong as there is no 'no smoking' sign and it's not inside a comercial building.. I think it doesn't matter if the smoking area was a shed with 4 walls and a door. if it has only 3 walls and a roof, if there's no 'no smoking sign' I'd say no laws where broken. although i would take caution if it's a place where smoking could be considered a nuisense by others

just remembered about our new hospital the police came in and out many time and walked past those smoking out side and never said a word so even the police dont seem to care about the law

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->