O/T We hit a boy with our car :(

PinkP

Pregnant with my 1st baby
Reaction score
Oh Girls. . I feel awful :( :(

We were driving around 20/30 km/hr as we were in traffic (hubby driving) . . Honestly, absolutely out of nowhere these two boys ran in front of the car, hubby swerved to avoid them but one of the boys hit the very side of the car and fell on the road.

We jumped out of the car and he was fine . . although in shock with grazes on his face as he hit his head on the road. We called the Gardai & Ambulance and they said he'll be fine, moreso shock . .

He is only 13 years old . . I am so upset, poor little guy . .

It was 100% the boys fault, there was no way hubby could have seen him and I, along with 8 other people as well as the boy and his friend have told my hubby and the Gardai this.

Think I'm just in shock, poor man :cry:

My poor hubby too :cry:

We're both fine, baba is fine as there wasnt an impact just he clipped the side of the car, think its just shock . .

Sorry for blubbing on x

:hugs: oh dear! You poor soul! Glad he is ok and that people saw that you were not to blame. Xx

:hugs:
my mum hit a girl afew yrs ago because she didnt even look at the road and ran across as my mum was driving under the speed limit. the girl was fine, but my mum still feels horrible about it even tho it wasnt her fault! even the girls parents have said to my mum sorry it wasnt ur fault.

people really should look where they are going, because look what happens when u dont :(

is the gardai the police?

:hugs: scary moment for you, and thinking what if's? So glad the boy was ok, and you & DH are too xxxx

Oh hun :hugs: Its so scary, I was in a car crash 2009 and it was awful...glad everyone is ok xxx

Oh Gosh... poor you too... Don't be too emotional think about the baby.
But thank God the boy is fine. I think he would have been hurt that you would have really feel bad no matter whose fault. Just thank God and try to move on. Accidents happen
Your hubby will be sad if he sees you worry too much

Massive hugs hugs, accidents happen!!! my friend did this not long ago, girl just walked out infront of her car xxxxx

Aw poor you :(
Don't feel bad, the boy is ok and was his fault. Hopefully he has learnt his lesson. I see children (and adults) just walking out into the road all the time. People need to learn road sense.
I hope this doesn't haunt you and your hubby :hugs:

Yes, Gardai is the Irish police (sorry!!)

The boys Dad came up to us and said that he is a bus driver and sees this sort of thing all the time and completely understands it was an accident and that he knows that his boy ran out in front of us . . he shook hubbys hand and said thanks for taking care of him until he got there and for ringing the Gardai & ambulance . .
The boys aunty took my number and said she'll ring me later to let me know how he is . .
What a journey home . .

its good that the boys dad understood and that u will be contacted with updates!

accidents do happen its just good that this one didnt end badly

its good that the boys dad understood and that u will be contacted with updates!

accidents do happen its just good that this one didnt end badly

I thank God for that

It is so good that his family are so understanding. The last thing you'd need is them blaming you. Let us know how he is when they call :)

He's fine . . thank God, rang the hospital & they wouldn't give me any details, but the Gardai rang my hubby and said the boy said he ran out because he thought he'd make it even though at the last second he knew he wouldnt.
They told him that he's fine (thank God!) just grazes on his face and was in some shock . .but he's home now :) :) . .

This is always my worst fear. So glad it turned out well for you. Here in the US, even if it was the kids fault and there are no injuries.....the parents always ending up sueing you for "emotional damage" or whatever else they can think of.

Think of it this way: If someone else had been driving that car and had been speeding or not paying attention, this could have ended really badly. The boy is lucky to alive and well and that's thanks to your hubby. He's also lucky to have had such a fright, because it'll hopefully protect him from being this stupid and careless in the future. I know it must be a terrible shock to you and your hubby but this was really the best possible outcome of a crap situation. Everyone's fine and people know your hubby did the right thing. :hugs:

so scary, glad to hear everyone is ok though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->