'O'!!!

turnersgirl

Reaction score
I feel a litle embaressed but obviously not enough to not be typing away!

With all the ttc information overload i feel its starting to have an effect on our bedroom activity. Normally no problem in the 'O' department but its not happening as much for me lately as i think i'm too busy thinking are we in the best postition / right time of day / right time of month etc etc.

Having also read that an 'O' can aid conception and even influence the sex of the baby (which is something i would rather leave nature to decide) that seems to have really put the kibosh on things.

I have only read all this stuff out of interest not realising how it affects you mentally (i don't google anything else now but this is info from months ago that has suddenly popped back in my head) and i wondered if any of you ladies have experienced anything like this or have any thoughts or is it just me being weird?!!

hello,i used to be like you but i gave up and went for the relaxed aproach,no opk's,preseed,temp's or anything just folic acid and its so much better,for me anyway,just going with the flow,it takes all the stress out of it.more fun.:thumbup:

Yes, I don't let it get to me too much. At this point, I don't OPK, temp, POAS. I am using my body and cycle charting to estimate my 'o', I do use Preseed, because I'm having issues with lubrication anyway, and I do watch my diet/use supplements, because that's what I'm into normally.

This will be a miracle baby via immaculate conception if I get too wrapped up in TTC that it significantly affects the BD activity with DH. :winkwink:

I must admit ive never even gave it a thought to when the best time to BD as to wether itll be a boy or girl..i just dont delve that closely into it and scrutinise everything in that way. I just make the most of the opportunities and what i can do to maximise getting a BFP. I temp and OPK cos i like to know whats happening with my body but i dont think i stress over them. Tempin is just part of my routine in the morning and has been for the last year..i dont think anything of it really.

The best thing u can do is not stress about it all, do what u can without getting obsessed, hard tho admittely x

Sorry i've probably gone and put a load of stuff in your head now....forget i ever mentioned anything! xx.

My daughter was conceived first go and I never used to O or do any tests, and now I O every time I have been TTC for 18 months!

I think it's just luck of the draw!

Hey turnersgirl

Ive read also that if the lady O's just after the guy it can help a bit, as it can suck swimmers up...but i dont think its the end of the world really if you dont.

I think its best to relax as much as possible, if its causing real issues perhaps BD every second day (so your sure to catch ovulation) all month round and stop tracking temps etc?

Ive also read a lot of docs recommend that approach.

I can relate to ttc affecting bedroom stuff, i follow my partners chart, so i know when she is ovulating etc, and sometimes do feel pressure knowing that ive got to perform on those fertile nights wether tired or not.... and its easy to start looking at BD as babymaking rather than an expression of love for each other.

I know exactly what you mean - BDing when we're ttc can be really boring (glad DH doesn't read this!) - best positions for ttc do nothing for me & my preferred method of 'O' is out of the question as saliva is bad for sperm (sorry TMI) We haven't tried this month due to various reasons & had the best sex we've had for ages!!

OMG Sunlover 72 you are the image and your partner of Serendippy! Wild!

Lol 40yearoldmum...yeh hes me other half...its not often we appear on the same thread to be honest..he doesnt come on here as much as i do, but he likes to keep his end in so to speak lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->