Obese and TTC!

Fizmie

Reaction score
Hey Peeps,
Am so new in here. Been TTC for the past 2 years. Managed to get BFP in Aug 2013 but it didnt last long (only 6 weeks!)... Wanted to get a wash but Dr seems reluctant since uhcg is already negative and bhcg is low.
Anyways, been trying so hard now but deep down I know it's the weight that is the barrier. Managed to lose 6 kgs so far for the past two months from 141 to 135kgs.
I am already 32 turning 33 in a months time. I am indeed racing against time and want to get the BFP ASAP!!!!
Wanted to opt for IVF but Dr demanded for me to lose 40 over kgs!!! Decided to let it go... and to try naturally. DH also not keen to test for sperm count and etc... :dohh:

Cycle is around 29 - 35days...On every CD 18 or 19... I will feel cramps on my lower abdo... which I deduced to be my ovulating period...
Bought OPKs from early.pregnancy tests.... only managed to see faint lines and never ever a dark or darker than control line.
Saliva test did not tally with OPKs so I'm kinda give up...

Anyone of you who are in the same boat as me? Can share your experience? Being voluptuous and TTC ?:cry:

Moved this to the right section for you :flower:

Hmmmm there are so many variables. Being overweight isn't ideal but I was with baby number 1 and I still am TTC #2. I am healthy though, eat healthily and am reasonably active. I know lots of people who have had a healthy pregnancy and be overweight but then there are others whose weight causes them difficulties getting pregnant.

Losing weight is good for lots of health reasons so it makes sense to try and eat sensibly and lose a few pounds (which is what I am doing).

If you REALLY want to get pregnant do as much as you can to make that possible. I'm happy to message with you.

Hey!

Whats your diet like? I think that can play a massive factor. ... maybe research certain foods that provide essential nutrients for both you and hubby. We eat berries, nuts, seeds, fish etc .

Are you and hubby also taking a multi vitamin?

X

If losing weight would help, I'd try that for sure. I tried for 8 years and git pregnant after losing 10% of my body weight.

It's worth it :)

I was huge when I got pregnant with my daughter. I was roughly 25 stones about 350lbs. It took roughly 2 years to get pregnant with her and a miscarriage in between. I have pains similar to what your describing when I ovulate. I don't use OKP but temp instead. My charts are a bit whacky but they normally line up. I never have complications in pregnancy only giving birth and both my son and daughter had to be emergency sections as my son (roughly 18 stones when I got pregnant with him) wouldn't push down and my daughter's heart rate kept dropping.

Do let us know how you are doing. Thinking of you. Hope everything works out.

Hey!

Whats your diet like? I think that can play a massive factor. ... maybe research certain foods that provide essential nutrients for both you and hubby. We eat berries, nuts, seeds, fish etc .

Are you and hubby also taking a multi vitamin?

X

Yes for me but not for him.
Do you think a multi-vit for him might help?

I was huge when I got pregnant with my daughter. I was roughly 25 stones about 350lbs. It took roughly 2 years to get pregnant with her and a miscarriage in between. I have pains similar to what your describing when I ovulate. I don't use OKP but temp instead. My charts are a bit whacky but they normally line up. I never have complications in pregnancy only giving birth and both my son and daughter had to be emergency sections as my son (roughly 18 stones when I got pregnant with him) wouldn't push down and my daughter's heart rate kept dropping.

Thanks for sharing!!! At least it's giving me something that is call HOPE!

Well it can't hurt ! Hubby taking a multi vitamin... could make the difference. My hubby takes boots conception for him and there otherbrands but they all have vivitamins in the aid making healthy sperm xx

Hi there. I can relate to you I am TTC and weighing in at just about 215 pounds. My fiancé is about the same weight as I am. With regard to the multivitamin I just have my fiancé taking a multivitamin from my supermarket. Just started this a week ago but hoping this is the ticket. I think the deal with being overweight and TTC is that excess weight could stop ovulation but it sounds as though you are ovulating regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->