Obese and TTC

:hi: can I join too, pretty please?

I'm Emmy (short for Emily) and I'm currently between a size 26 and 28 (depending on where I shop). I've been on a weight management programme with the nurse since the beginning of June and at my last weigh in had lost a stone and a half :winkwink:

I've not had my af for about 7 months now (I've had bloods and scans done for pcos and everything came back clear), and a couple of weeks ago I started getting some very light bleeding on and off, not enough for a pad, and then some spotting. Since the bleeding stopped last week I've been feeling really achey in my tummy and lower back, I've been feeling really sicky, and my boobs have gone quite veiny.

I did a frer test yesterday and thought I could see something, but didn't manage to get any decent pics of it until an hour or so after the development time. This morning, I did another frer and spotted something within about a minute, and managed to get a piccy straight away, and took a few more too. Hardly anyone in the gallery and girly sanctuary section could see the line I could, so off I ran down to town to grab some superdrug test. I waited 4 hours and again thought I could see something ever so faint, some people say they can see it, some people say they can't.

So now I'm trying to resist temptation and trying not to test again before monday, but it's soooooooo hard.

I'm at a point now where I feel like I'm deluding myself if I think these tests today are the start of a bfp. I keep thinking that I'm not going to be lucky enough to catch an eggy the first month my cycles start making their way back.

:dohh: I really wish I'd know about this thread earlier ... would have been here much sooner lol

Sorry for the long post, really hope to get to know you all soon :D

I looked at your thread.. I thought I might have seen something on the FRER test but not quite sure. Mine started out so faint my fiancee and BFF both told me I was crazy and seeing thing.

Hi Ladies,
I just wanted to post my story on here. I have two beautiful healthy children both conceived when I was about a size 16/18 us sizes. I had some complication w/ my ds but he was born only 5days early and was not to big and very healthy. I am ttc#3 now but I have also put on a little bit more weight. I am going to try to lose just 15-20lbs I think just that small amount of weight can really help fertility. I also want to let the ladies who are waiting to ttc until they lose weight to just go for it. Don't let your weight stop you and don't let what other people think keep u from having that baby u really want. Motherhood is an amazing experience and it's not something that is reserved for only average weight women.

It's brilliant to see the positive stories on here from plus size women who are pregnant or have had children. I don't know about everyone else, but it certainly gives me hope.

I don't know why, but I woke up this morning and felt like I had to do a test, I was meant to be waiting until monday :blush: and I swear I can see a faint line again, ever so slightly darker than yesterdays. I've taken a pic with my webcam, so it's not too brilliant, but I'll attach it to this post, just in case I'm deluding myself :wacko:

Thank you for taking a look at my tests downwardsun, it really is appreciated.

I think Monday morning can't come soon enough now. I'll probably nip into town Monday morning, grab 2 superdrug tests and a couple of the digi tests, just to be on the safe side :thumbup:

Attachments

• Photo 53.jpg
    Photo 53.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 40
Hi Emmy, i so hope this is it for you. I love your signature saying you want a BFP to chang your life. I need it too and I hope so much we both get it.
I am a UK size 18/20 and have been trying to lose weight but I think I have depression and I have no motivation like I did the last time I lost weight.

Good luck gal

Great big congrats to all new BFP's on here and thanks for signposting us to the big mommas thread - it def has made me feel like there's still some hope!

Has anyone else got a WiiFit? I'm using mine to monitor my weight - it's great when you're going down, but if it tells me I've put on a couple've pounds I just turn it off in disgust!

I've been using the dance games on the wii which are pretty good too, I'm really looking forward to the new just dance game as that will tell you how many calories you've burnt :)

I've been having a think and I think I've been looking at the indents and antibody strips on the tests. So I've got a little plan coming together, am getting a thermometer so I can chart, some ovulation test strips, some agnus castus and a book by zita west called zita west's guide to getting pregnant :thumbup:

I was feeling really sad last night, because I'd really got my hopes up for these tests I've been doing to turn into a bfp, but I don't think it'll happen just yet ... I'm determined to get there as soon as possible though :D

Well complete turnaround for me, I'm feeling really positive about stuff. I've ordered all the stuff, thermometer, book, conceive plus (which is coming in a pack with ovulation and pregnancy tests) and I'm in two minds as to whether to go for agnus castus or soy isoflavones at the moment to try and help it all along :wacko:

I got a new phone today :happydance: my brother ordered it for me on sunday night and it arrived this morning, just waiting for my £10 to be credited and I can get started (it's only a little t -mobile vairy text, but I should be getting 6 months free internet with it and it's a blackberry substitute)

Hey all,
I've not been on here for weeks as I've been lurking about in the TTC over 35 bit. However I thought I'd come back & check in with you over here as this was where I first found BnB! Really pleased to see that there are some BFPs over here - gives me hope!
I'm a UK size 24/26, 35 and we've been TTC for 9 months. DH has lazy swimmers and I've been having blood tests to see if I'm ovulating. I've avoided going to the GP to talk about the last lot as I'm sure I'm not ovulating but have finally plucked up the courage to go & see him next week.
I've got a wii-fit and about a month ago I lost 11lbs just by doing an hour or so each morning on it - alas I've put some of it back on as I've got raging tooth ache & every move jolts it and makes it throb - I'm having it out on a couple of weeks so I shall get back on the wagon!
Wishing you all lots of baby dust! xxx

Hey ladies - just thought I'd post my bump pic here to give you some hope! BMI 46 at booking in appt, this is my pic at almost 26 weeks...

Keep going my lovelies - and come see us in the Big Mommas' thread!

Attachments

• bump pic 25w5d.jpg
    bump pic 25w5d.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 65
I'm bumping this thread because it has given me great hope!!

Ive recently lost 27lbs and am going to the doc in about a week to talk about fertility treatments etc. I never wanted help. I don't know why. There is nothing wrong with it. But it makes me feel broken  but anything for a BFP and a baby!!!

This is the first time I've lost weight and it thrills me that I'm at the point where my future baby is more important than food. That sounds sad to say out loud but it's true. Food is comforting etc. But I've enjoyed focusing on losing weight to gain a baby!

I was 302 lbs and am now 276lbs!
Hoping for a fathers day bfp 

Let's hear from some of you reading

Aww Glowbug thanks for bumping the thread. Good for you for losing so much. Did you exercise, diet? I'm planning to increase my exercise and watch what I'm eating.

I'm 240lbs at 5'5" and just started on a weight loss journey. I plan to lose at lease 24 by the end of summer. Hopefully that will get my cycle kick started. I'll continue that with at least another 24 etc. I've always been overweight. When I was closer to "normal" weight when I was younger I had more regular cycles but they were still not perfect. I have pcos so that's why. Being overweight or even obese is not going to stop me from achieving my goal of being a mom. :)

Reba
Good
For you girl!! Let's keep in touch! Isn't it funny how weight is so relative I'm gonna cry of joy when I'm your weight

My cycles have improved. Going from 24 days to 27 days!

What are your cycles like??

I have cysts on my ovaries but have not been diagnosed with PCOS
Though I suspect i have it based on all my symptoms!

I am obese I'm a size 22 and i have been trying for almost 3 years now and still no pregnancy. Also think my bf has low sperm so not sure we have tried without dr. but think time we went seen one. I have been over weight since I was about 13. I have suffered from emotional eating and my periods have never been normal except past few months and aint even took bcp in awhile... I have a cist on my left ovary and think i have pocs... I have tried to diet and lose weight but i always gain it back as long im working or being productive i can keep it off but i have no chose but to stay home and then i get bored and eat.....

Hey country barbie!

Have you been to the doctor?

Welcome!!!! Hugs! I understand how you feel 
I'm so hoping losing weight will help me. Weve been trying about
Two years now! H

hope you get your BFP real soon Hun!!!

Hey country barbie!

Have you been to the doctor?

Welcome!!!! Hugs! I understand how you feel 
I'm so hoping losing weight will help me. Weve been trying about
Two years now! H

to a fertlity doctor? no was trying natural without drugs but guess i need to go see a doc and see what she says

I was just wondering. Ifinally went a few months ago
She told me to lose 30lb and come back

So I have to lose 3 more lbs by Monday. Hahah

I'm hoping she will help me with fertility treatment if I don't get pregnant this cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->