Oblique breech csection :-

Discussion in 'Labour & Birth' started by catcatcat, Nov 15, 2011.

1. catcatcat

catcatcat Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Ive posted this in 3rd tri too but no response.
    Im having an elective csection due to tokophobia. Im 32 wks& consultant noticed today that my baby is oblique breech. She said she hopes she turns as this can also cause problems during a csection - it makes baby hard to get out. Now im scared.
    Does anyone have experience in this ? Thanks

2. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member

No experience I'm afraid but as I've emntioned before contact ICAN - they have tons of info for all things CS related!

3. Arisa

Arisa Mummy to Summer Rose

Im sorry I cannot offer you any advice on this, but I do understand Tokophobia as I have it quite badly. The psychiatrist told me about it years ago when I voiced my fears and anxieties to him so yeah I understand the need for an elective C-section but I think the tokophobia is making your fears worse too since there is a good chance the baby will be able to be turned or by 37 weeks you may find its changed positions as this happens a lot with babies who are breech.

Sorry I cannot be much help
    God bless xoxo

4. catcatcat

catcatcat Well-Known Member

That makes sense actually :) ive been thinking about this too - ppl having twins must have funny positioned babies all the time & they deliver them. Im trying to stay in control & not b scared of a section too but this threw me a bit today, fingers crossed x thanks for advice x