Obsessions with certain toys or themes

eddjanuary10

Reaction score
Ihsan has never really obsessed over any particular theme or programme before, he has went through stages of liking certain things more than others but that's about it. Well now for at least 4 months he has become crazy about Scooby Doo. He talks about the characters and monsters all day long, he dreams about them and I know this because we co-sleep & he will randomly say one of their names during the night! He rides his bike around the kitchen/living area and asks me to be Daphne so he can pretend he is a monster chasing me we do this every day at least 3 times. He likes to watch scooby doo when he gets home from pre-school, I let him watch one episode then we do other activities such as painting, play dough etc but he even makes those activities about scooby doo drawing them & moulding the dough into them! He likes to draw mazes and will put a character at one end and a monster at the other and then makes the monster find the character with his pen lol. The theme tune is completely memorised, he sings it ALOT! He only wants a toy if its scooby doo, I offer to get him other toys but he would rather have one tiny little scooby character than any other toy in the whole shop! Sometimes during a conversation non scooby related, he will randomly ask what Daphne/Velma/Shaggy think about whatever we are discussing :haha:

Does anyone else have a toddler who is so obsessed with a particular toy or theme that it has become a huge part of their lives?! I feel like 2 people these days, Mummy & Daphne because he is always asking me to be her!

Our son is slightly obsessed with Mr bean he acts like him constantly talks about him and does all naughty things Mr bean does

Tom had an Ice Age phase where everything was Manny and Ellie with baby Peaches.

It then grew into a general mummy, daddy and baby phase that is still going. Any activity gets twisted round to this somehow! I spend my whole life being daddy cat or daddy shark etc cos Tom is always the mummy with his cuddlies stuffed up his top being the babies!

My LO doesn't have obsessions yet but my nephew is (was) also obsessed with Scooby do. Last year they went travelling around Australia and the Far East. They were going out for the day and my SIL says to him that they were going to Shibuya rail station in Tokyo, Japan and my nephew replied "The one with the statue of Hachiko the faithful dog outside?" and my SIL a little dumbstruck replied yes, how did you know that and my Nephew's reply was "Scooby do went there silly". My Nephew was only 6 years old at the time.

Hattiehippo that is actually so sweet that he puts his cuddlies up his jumper!

Kwood- wow! What a clever little nephew you have!

Paige has been obsessed with the singing kettle for about 3 months. I am sick to the bsck teeth of hearing the songs but she loves it so much. We are going to see it on Sunday, every day she tells me she is so excited... I cant wait........

They all 'hatch out' and get pushed around in his toy shopping trolley as a pram! It is very cute but when it's the 10th time in that morning I do get a bit bored :haha:

One hundred and one fecking dalmatians. ALL FECKING DAY!!! I'm not allowed to call her Niamh. She is 'Perdy'.

It's not even the cartoon version so any time she watches so it sets the dog off barking, constantly.

I never thought I'd say this but I think I preferred it when 'Annie' was the it.

Mrsmurphy- hope you's enjoy the singing kettle sounds like Paige is going to absolutely love it!

Hattie that actually made me giggle at the thought of them hatching lol!

Abigailly- I don't think you or your dogs will miss 101 Dalmatians once the craze ends hehe!

Starangel27 I LOVE Mr bean can we swap you for scooby doo lol!

I suppose these are the things we will remember fondly in the future :)

Omar was obsessed with numbers & letters for over a year. For the past few months his obsession was Thomas & Friends. We went for a hunt to buy all the characters, more rail tracks. I even asked a friend to get me the 2 missing ones from the UK. Now he's not bothered. We went to Thomas show, we bought several DVDs , he used to sing the songs none stop.

Now it seems that his new obsession is cars, he didn't play with his car garage for ages, but now everything is about cars. He even notices cars in the street, asks about their models. He thinks a Smart car is funny, he categorises cars into old cars, sports cars, luxury cars, etc.

Mrsmurphy- hope you's enjoy the singing kettle sounds like Paige is going to absolutely love it!

Hattie that actually made me giggle at the thought of them hatching lol!

Abigailly- I don't think you or your dogs will miss 101 Dalmatians once the craze ends hehe!

Starangel27 I LOVE Mr bean can we swap you for scooby doo lol!

I suppose these are the things we will remember fondly in the future :)

I USED to love Mr Bean too ...not anymore :)

Maria was obsessed with the Moomins for a loooong time, it was all she ever wanted to watch and her favourite character was Nipsu (Sniff) and he was her imaginary friend I think because I'd always her her talking to him, especially if she was on the naughty chair and she'd shout for Nipsu to come help her :rofl:
That obsession has died down now (she only watches Pocoyo now) but still whenever she's doing drawing she asks me to draw various Moomin characters and she has a Moomin blanket case and will point out everyone of them on it repeatedly to me.

The jonny depp animated film rango has started a lizard/dinosaur/green slimy animal obsession here...I even bought this off ebay image.jpg

^^ I love Rango :haha:

Charlie had a Scooby thing going on for a while, I didn't mind cos I waaaay prefer Scooby Doo over The **** Wiggles :rofl:

There is no end in sight for his Wizard of Oz obsession though! He's loved that movie since he was 2 - and he still totally loves it! He loves The Muppets as well so when we discovered Muppets Wizard of Oz he was in heaven!

:wacko:Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck
he has been obsessed with both since around 2 yrs old; it started pretty much right after his brother was born. He has conversations with them, talks to them like they are real, asks me all the time what I think they would like or how they would feel about something, wants to take them everywhere...

Tangled, she adores it, if she has the film on (everyday if she had her way) she gets her Flynn and Rapunzel doll, goes and sits on the sofa and acts out the scenes with them. They also get kisses, her soft Rapunzel is very much loved as well. She will also rein act the pictures in her tangled book. Mickey mouse and curious George are also very popular, when we were in the co op she got excited as she saw a picture of mickey by the travel agent bit for Disneyland lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->