Obstetric Cholestasis & RhD Factors Rhesus

I am also rh- and was given the anti d shot after my last ectopic. I guess my question is; what are the odds of my baby having - blood? We do not know dh blood type. Also, since I've already had this shot and have had no bleeding yet, will I need it again before baby is born? I read the intro as well as the pamphlet my Dr gave me about being rh- but I'm still confused. I know it should be black and white but my brain is just not comprehending it I guess.

You'll have the anti-d shot with each pregnancy around 28 weeks since they are purely for you and the baby at that time. If the baby is rh+ then you'll have another one after birth.

I can't say for certain exactly what the chances of having a rh- child is, but it is certainly possible to have a rh- child even with the father being rh+. In my Mother's case 1 out of 3 children were rh-.

This is my first pregnancy and I am Rh- (B- blood type). We had my partner tested and he is O+. So it looks like I am going to need the shot. I was the one that brought up the possibility of being Rh- to my doctor because my half sister is. I figured there was only a small chance I would be, but I am glad I did bring it up because he was not going to test for my blood type initially.

I know the posts about cholestasis were months ago, so I'm wondering how your pregnancies are going and if you're having any repeat issues with ICP. I just found out I'm pregnant with #3, and delivered #2 early because of the ICP. The docs also said I probably had it with #1 (looking back at symptoms) but had an emergency c/s due to pre-e at 35 weeks. A little nervous but at least we know what we're facing. Thanks in advance.

I know the posts about cholestasis were months ago, so I'm wondering how your pregnancies are going and if you're having any repeat issues with ICP. I just found out I'm pregnant with #3, and delivered #2 early because of the ICP. The docs also said I probably had it with #1 (looking back at symptoms) but had an emergency c/s due to pre-e at 35 weeks. A little nervous but at least we know what we're facing. Thanks in advance.

Good luck, I hope ICP stays away for you this time :hugs:

I posted in my second tri about having bloods done to check for possibly having it (had it with number 1), which were negative. Now that I'm nearing the third tri, am quite paranoid, and have had some itching mainly on my knuckles of my hands, and on my fingers and sometimes on my feet. It's quite sporadic, but plan to get some further bloods to confirm or deny - if I do have it again it's in the very early stages!

I hope it stays away from you too! I overlooked the signs last time and chalked the itching up to swelling and stretching. I had no idea what ICP was until I was diagnosed and DS was born the next day. Fx'd for ICP-free pregnancies!

Hey ladies I had icp with my DS started itching around 28 weeks pregnant, I know that when you have it once your likely to have it again, I am 12 weeks plus pregnant and I've started itching especially on my legs and just the tops of my feet? Is this normal? Xx

I am RH- (B-) and my DS is also RH- (I assume) as I didn't need the additional shot after he was born :thumbup:

The anti-d shots do not hurt and you only need one now rather than two :thumbup:

Will be interesting to see if baby #2 is also RH- as I am guessing that would mean that DH is RH-? (his mother is so it is possibly :shrug:)

I'm Rhesus Negative and I had a Rhesus positive baby, remember vaguely having to have the jab...I say vaguely because I was exhausted and it was 4 and a half years ago.

I had to have the jab with my first but i am going to see if I can get a test done at 12 weeks to blood type my new bean to see if she/he is negative also.

I had this with my daughter as well! OC that is. I wasn't given any medication for it, but had to do multiple urine screenings (collecting all urine for 24 hours- not fun), non stress tests multiple times a week and of course was warned I would have to deliver early. My water broke at 37 weeks while I was in the hospital because they were worried by my blood work that I could have a heart attack or stroke. I chose induction because my labor wouldn't start after 8 hours. Overall, I was very glad my doctor caught it because I mentioned I was very itchy. That was my only symptom.

It can be scary, but also easily managed as long as your doctor checks for it.

Have had OC in all 4 pregnancies, so much itching to the point I make myself bleed 😢 I was induced with 2 of them by 2 weeks early, 1 was borderline prem and the other was prem. now on my 5th pregnancy and already starting to itch at just 12 weeks, lots of blood tests to keep an eye 😩

Just found out a week ago that I am pregnant with baby #4 for me and #6 for dad. I had a normal 1st pregnancy that resulted in an emergency csection. My last two DD I had complications with ICP. Both I was not confirmed to have it until a week and a half before delivery. I had them both at 37 weeks. My last DD had a 2 week NICU stay and had lots of lung issues. I am almost 7 weeks pregnant now and already experiencing issues with itching in my hands and feet. With my first ICP pregnancy I was symptomatic at 21 weeks and unconfirmed until 35and2. My second time with it I was symptomatic at 12 weeks and not confirmed until I was 36 and 4. I am actually scared as last time I also developed eclampsia. Due to negligence to the anesthesiaologist I also had issues with seizures and migranes about 3 weeks after delivery.

Honestly Idk how to feel but scared. My OB did not say that I wasn't a canidate for another pregnancy but... What are my chances of having these complications all over again? Anyone that's had similar issues? What are my chances of havng another NICU baby? Gahhhh!!!!

Just found out a week ago that I am pregnant with baby #4 for me and #6 for dad. I had a normal 1st pregnancy that resulted in an emergency csection. My last two DD I had complications with ICP. Both I was not confirmed to have it until a week and a half before delivery. I had them both at 37 weeks. My last DD had a 2 week NICU stay and had lots of lung issues. I am almost 7 weeks pregnant now and already experiencing issues with itching in my hands and feet. With my first ICP pregnancy I was symptomatic at 21 weeks and unconfirmed until 35and2. My second time with it I was symptomatic at 12 weeks and not confirmed until I was 36 and 4. I am actually scared as last time I also developed eclampsia. Due to negligence to the anesthesiaologist I also had issues with seizures and migranes about 3 weeks after delivery.

Honestly Idk how to feel but scared. My OB did not say that I wasn't a canidate for another pregnancy but... What are my chances of having these complications all over again? Anyone that's had similar issues? What are my chances of havng another NICU baby? Gahhhh!!!!

Hi hon
I had ICP with my DD but my symptoms didn't start untill 32 weeks. I also had severe pre eclampsia and was induced at 35+4 weeks.
ICP was confirmed at 34 weeks.

With my son I started getting very itchy at around 10 weeks.
And continued to get worse. By 15 weeks I had pale yellow clay like poop. Dark urine very very very itchy skin all over my whole body and itchy palms of hands and souls of feet.
I was diagnosed with ICP at just 17 weeks.
I was put on medication for it to bring down my bile acid levels.
And the medication did help a bit but my levels and it helped but I got extremely itchy again at 27 weeks.
I never got pre eclampsia again thank God so was induced at 37+3 weeks.
I joined a Facebook group for ICP and they were so supportive and helpful.
They only induced u early now if ure bile acid levels go above a certain level.
If ure levels don't go very very high then ure able to go to 40 weeks.

Praying if u do have ICP again that u only have it very mild and that u can go to 40 weeks and praying u do not get pre eclampsia.
I really thought I was gonna get pre eclampsia again but I didn't get it.
So please try not to worry hon.

We are now ttc again and im not gonna lie im so scared of having ICP again.
And getting it even earlier.
I just remember the itching being so intense I used to make myself bleed from scratching
I went through about 9 weeks of not sleeping because of it.

Make sure u speak to ure midwife hon and tell her u want ure liver function and bile acid levels tested.
Some doctors believe u can only get it in the 3rd trimester but u can actually get it very very early.
One lady on that ICP support group wss diagnosed at just 8 weeks.
So don't u let them fob u off hon.

My 2nd and 3rd pregnancies my numbers sky rocketed. I went from undiagnosable to dignosed in 1 week. I was tested at 34 and then 35 weeks. I was told at my 36 week appointment that the baby would have to be delivered at 37 weeks. With my 3rd I had symptoms from week 15 on but wasnt diagnosable until I was 36 weeks and 4 days. I was scratching myself until I bled. She delivered my DD 3 days later. A week later I was having extremely high blood pressure to the point they wanted to hospitalize to verify I had eclampsia. I denied going in due to them denying my request to go to the maternity wing where my daughters NICU was. She is starting my testing early with ICP this time as I am already having itching. It's linked mostly to what I eat. I am just racked with worry because I don't want to go through the nightmare I had 2 years ago. I plan on a full hystrectomy if I can find an OB who can work side by side with my current physician. My current OB is located in a catholic hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->