• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Obstetrician sent me to hospital, hospital sent me home (37+3)

Lirpa11

Reaction score
Hi,

So I had a regular check up yesterday. The doc wanted to check me as I have been having very regular BH since last Friday (so for a week). at my last appt I had a closer cervix, nothing happening.

Due to the constant BH, the doc said she wanted to check down there again. I have been having BH daily, sometimes all day on and off and sometimes just in the afternoon and throughout the evening.mive tried baths, laying down, water,mvhanging positions, they keep on.

Well when she checked I was 3cm, 90% effaced and -2. She also said I was starting my bloody show and the mucous plug was coming out. She said to call DH and go to the hospital to be monitored as since I have had so much movement since last week she didn't think I'd make it over the weekend, and that was ok :baby:

So I went home, called hubby, and we packed up and headed to the hospital at L & D. They monitored for 3 hours, gave me lunch and sent me home saying if anything changes let us know. Oh there, the nurse checked and said I was 3cm, 70%, and -1.

Since last night, nothing has happened. I still have dark brown spotting, sometimes stringy pieces like a bloody show (could be because of the checks too?).

Anyhow, anyone else been like this and baby start making an entrance? And on the other side, anyone been like this and it stay for a week or so? I sure hope not! Yea I have 2.5 weeks left but I am ready for baby to get a move on and be with us :) all healthy of course.

Thanks

Your baby is definitely on its way I would try walking bouncing on a ball dtd if possible to help things move along

Thanks, I was on my ball last night and will be walking today. I actually have a work baby shower today ha ha if I make it :) and a shopping sale tonight..l will see what happens.

I said to the doc I am not in pain, the contractions I get don't hurt or anything... I guess it's just waiting for the last two cm and then the fun begins? I've tried reading online and some women say they are 3cm for weeks! But then again I guess mine has just gone from 0-3 in the past 7 days, maybe less.

And again, I'm not stressed, or in pain. So I wouldn't have even gone to L&D if the doctor didn't send me. The nurse there asked if I would have come and I said probably not as I thought you go when it all gets too much? Then again, I don't want to leave it and have baby in a non hospital environment...

I was 3cm with BH's and contractions every day from 36 weeks with my DD, I stayed that way until a couple of days shy of 41 weeks when I had a sweep and then had my bloody show and then she was born at bang on 41 weeks. It is more common to be dilated a few cm with 2nd+ babies though, and the fact that you've had your bloody show sounds positive, hopefully you'll have LO within the next couple of days! :dance:

Well, I am still here with baby snug in my belly!

Yesterday contractions were definitely stronger, being a bit painful at times like period cramps or needing to go to the bathroom cramps. They were strong and then eased off :(

I've had more discharge,it's like snotty jelly with brownish tinge (sorry tmi), and it came out last night and this morning in globs.. I haven't had any discharge like this so far so maybe it's a sign. I'll get sharp stabbing pains down in my groin area here and there....

Ugh waiting waiting waiting

Don't give up hope! It can take a few days to go into labour after having your show,. Even if you don't go into labour just yet these contractions may well be doing something, dilating you o softening your cervix so that labour is that bit quicker/easier :)

Don't give up hope! It can take a few days to go into labour after having your show,. Even if you don't go into labour just yet these contractions may well be doing something, dilating you o softening your cervix so that labour is that bit quicker/easier :)

I sure hope so! I've had a bit of discharge this morning, but other than a contraction here and there not much at all :( it gets worse on the evenings and then eases off during te night and nothing in the morning then starts again the next afternoon.

It is driving me crazy!! And making me feel exhausted watching and waiting!

We're on our way to a park now to do some walking. The doctor said she didn't expect me to make it through the weekend but the way things are happening I'm worried I'll go another week dealing with this. Ah well it could be much worse I suppose! And as you say hopefully all thi happening will make the big eventful labor be a bit easier or quicker!

I have no advice but just wanted to say good luck! Hope baby comes for you soon and you aren't left waiting and wondering! Xx

Still waiting here, nothing changed :) might make it to 38 weeks I guess!

Well, woke up this morning at 430 with blood coming out down there. Stressed out and went to hospital.

They out me and baby on monitors until about 630am (got there about 515-530am), and after a bit of time told us we weren't going home without a baby. I was at 4cm at 530, then went to 5cm right after the broke my waters. That must have been around 7am.

The nurse said that contractions would come stronger and she would be back to check if I had progressed to more cm dilation by 10 or 11am.

Well, by 830ish I called her back because I was in pain. She checked and I was at 9.5cm. She said she would be back in 15 minutes... After 5 minutes I buzzed a nurse back in as I had a terrible contraction and the baby was on the way!

After around 40-45 minutes or so of pushing (it hurt a lot!) we finally have a healthy Baby boy...

No epidural, and no pain medicine. I asked for pain medicine as it was terrible, but o was already 9.5cm and the baby was coming out so pain medicine wouldn't have done much.

Anyhow, hope the rest of you ladies are doing well! It's awful as most of you know, but so worth it :) so happy to finally be holding our handsome son!!

Congratulations! I am glad he finally arrived and both of you are safe and healthy :)x

Thank you! I've been having contractions on and off for two weeks and it's been driving me crazy! Finally there is a light at the end of the tunnel :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->