October 2017 testers - Having an Oktoberfest - 9 BFPs and counting

Thanks for the support everyone! So excited for you, Alli!

I am CD 3. I saw my doctor after the frustration of my late period this month, and we agreed to try a cycle of Femara. I start taking it today. Some of my hormones are wonky and she doesn't believe I am ovulating on my own regularly. Does anyone have any experience with Femara? I'm grateful for modern medicine, but having to accept I need some assistance has definitely represented a loss for me. I am choosing to think about it from the aspect of my body needing just a little balancing out so that it can do what it is designed to do. I am going to look for a femara group on here too. See you all in November.

Sarahonyn I'm glad you've reached out to your doctor, and I always like to think...isn't science amazing?! We live in a time where we have access to all kinds of tools to help us, I know it can be tough adjusting to that reality (I get it, with my MC I was so annoyed my body wouldn't do it on it's own, how it was 'supposed' to). I hope this works for you. Good luck!

Yay!! Congrats Alli! Join us on the July jewels thread under pregnancy buddies! I didn't mean for my request to come out sounding so bossy! :)

Sarah, I'm glad you were able to get help so quickly, and fingers crossed you get your bfp Thai cycle!!

Sarah, I tried 2 medicated cycles on Femara. First was a bust, I still didn't ovulate. Second cycle the dose was doubled, also did a trigger shot and iui. That's how I got my bfp! I was getting quite down too, since my body just doesn't do what its supposed to. But it all worked out. Good luck!

Thank you, all! Tori, what dose did you start with? I have heard some people starting on 2.5mg...my doctor has me on 5mg right away, taking it on days 3-7. She said she plans to do the trigger shot too. I am a little scared that she's being aggressive so quickly, but I think that is more about where I am in my acceptance of what's happening. I trust her, and she did tell me she likes to approach fertility issues "aggressively," especially at my age (34). I just worry about the effects on my body... but if this works, it will be so worth it in the end!

Sarah, I started with 2.5mg and then went to 5mg. We are about the same age. My Dr. wanted to be aggressive also. If it gets to be too much, you can always take a break for a month.

Hiya ladies, I think I ovulated yesterday or the day before. So 1-2 dpo. Anyone else? Xx

No probs sweet, here you go

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...thankful-turkey-pie-bfps-62.html#post38680811

Numbers drastic down, its over letting nature take its course

It’s been a looooong 7 years. I’m done. 3 pregnancies out of 6. Moving on to adoption. Thank you all for your support.

I’m so sorry skp, that’s devastating news. Big hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->