October 2017 testers - Having an Oktoberfest - 9 BFPs and counting

Oh Sarah how incredibly frustrating for you I’m so sorry!

Sorry, Sarah! That is definitely frustrating!! I went through a very similar situation the cycle before my bfp last time around (with my son). I had like a 40-something day cycle for the first time ever. No period, but constant BFns. Finally got af and got pregnant the next cycle. I hope it works out great for you, too!

Also, my cycles went back down to 27-28 days after he was born.

Sarah::hugs: I'm sorry. That is mega unerving, makes it so hard to understand what is going on. Depo shot did that to me. Took me a year to get my cycles back but a strong ovulation has been out of the pic without meds. So, I feel you. Hopefully your doc can give you some answers at the scan.:hugs:

So I just got a call from my SIL (it's midnight here) she is 8 weeks pregnant with twins! I am super happy for them, they tried for 2 years with IVF, and it finally worked <3 Now just need a little sprinkling of baby dust to make sure this one sticks! If I get a good bfp our kiddos will all be a month apart. FX!

Oh wow so thrilled for your sil and her family that’s so wonderful! Fx you get those wee ones a cousin soon!

I'm sorry, it really isn't nice of AF to play tricks or our bodies in general. Hopefully November will be our month!!

Congrats, Alligator!!

In a very cruel trick while I'm ttc, AF came 4 days late for the first time in my life without being pregnant. There really is a first time for everything. I'm very disappointed because throughout all the frustration of ttc, at least I had clockwork-regular periods. Now I don't have that to rely on anymore.&#128532; It also messed up my app, so it doesn't know when my fertile window will be. I'll have to go the old fashioned way and use only my body's signs...but my OB wants to see me on day 14 for an ultrasound to check for a follicle and now, according to my app, day 14 is after my fertile window, which I know is not likely for me.

Congrats to all with bfp's wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months. Xx

Big hugs to all who got AF, but good luck for your new cycle. Xx

As for me due to ovulate in a few days maybe sooner, hopefully get my bfp for my bday this month. I'm excited xx

Alligator: let me know when you want me to mark you as :bfp: on the first page! :)

Nixnax sorry about getting AF after your faint line :hugs:

Sarahtonyn, no one likes AF. If she has to come she could at least be on time! Hugs to you and hope to see you in the November thread.

Tove - go ahead and mark it! I feel good about the tests this morning and a lot more confident. I've decided I'm going to be happy for this baby each day I have him/her (I think him, weird how you have those hunches so early on) with me. I was thrilled to be pregnant the first time and we miscarried, which was obviously crushing...but I want to be just as happy every day of this little one's life inside me, because he/she deserves that. Worrying won't do anything (of course I will still worry)...but I may as well be as happy as I can!

Alligator that's why we told our close friends and family right away -- so we could all share the joy in the beginning no matter what happened. But h&h9 to you, hoping for a sticky bean for the full term xx

You're so right, reiku. I just told my best friend and we'll probably tell our parents shortly. My mom was my rock (along with DH) through the miscarriage. She moved into my home for a few days to take care of me when I couldn't be alone but DH may as well have gone back to work (he only makes money when he's working, whereas my mom had oodles of holiday time to take). I couldn't imagine having gone through that crushing loss without everyone's support. Everyone is obviously different but for me I want people to share in my joy, and be there in times of pain.

I found it very hard not to tell when I had my mc. People are constantly asking when you're having more kids and that's really hard when you've lost a baby. So I choose to be open about it. I don't think it means there's something wrong with me so I'm not embarrassed about it. It does kind of make people feel uncomfortable but that's not the purpose of being open. I wish mc's weren't so taboo.

Reiku I 100% agree with you. There is nothing to be ashamed about. When I first found out I felt so alone and terrible and I felt such shame that my body couldn't do this. Well, turns out, they are very common and SO MANY women I know have experienced loss. But no one talks about it. So I will. If it helps one person feel less alone or know they can come to me, then it's worth it. I did nothing wrong, and yes, grief is very personal, but my baby was real for me, I shouldn't have to hide that away because it makes some people uncomfortable.

Agree about the taboo of mc, it really sucks... But on the other hand, i won't tell anyone with my next bfp. With my previous pregnancy, i went on pregnancy leave at around 6w. Then i had mc 3 weeks later, plus 2 weeks of sickleave. So i was off from work for more than a month. When i returned, the news of pregnancy spread, but news of mc didn't. So i had to endure weeks of people congratulating me on being pregnant and asking why i am at the office, saying pregnant people should relax (its quite common here to take pregnancy leave from 6w to 40w and then maternity leave for 12 months).... I had to relive my miscarriage over and over. The reason for this is simply that while my direct coworkers had no problem with spreading the word about my pregnancy, they didn't do the same with my loss due to mc being so taboo...
I think I am still traumatised by this, so will try to hold out for at least 10 weeks before taking leave with my next pregnancy.

bloblo: :hugs: I'm sorry. That does very traumatizing. Here's to you catchy a sticky bean hear soon. :dust:

I feel you should tell people when you are ready. No right time in my mind after all I've been through. The way I see it, the I'll share the joy of finding out with the same folks I will lean on if I should have a pregnancy loss. Gosh, hate even saying those words but its a reality.

FX for those still waiting to test!!

bloblo I'm so sorry...that truly sounds terrible...ugh. Hugs to you. Everyone is different and you do what feels right for you.

ftale I agree - those I share with early are those I'll lean on, not only if something (god forbid) goes wrong but when I'm feeling miserable or wondering if a certain symptom is normal, or whatever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->