October babies due dates and bump colours

Kristin - Gotta love the ol' are they twins question. Heheh. I also love the "Are they both girls?" I should add that their car seats are covered in pink covers. My response is usually "that would be pretty cruel of me if they were boys covered in all this pink". Are you still BFing 50% of the time or have you given in to 100% formula?

Babies weighed in at: *drum roll* Libby 9lbs 8.5oz, Ashley 9lbs 5oz Awww... they're little porkers now! lol Doctor is pleased with the gain but wants us back again in 2-3weeks to make sure they continue to gain as they are still in the 5-10% range.

Im 100% formula now...even with meds I wasn't producing enough and it was too much to bf and then bottle feed right after...especially bc I was giving them almost full feedings by bottle. It was tough on me giving it up bc I felt like I was failing...but its been sooooo much easier since I gave it up. And they are thriving bc they have both doubled their birth weights already lol

Bottle feeding is for sure so much easier. It's so much faster which frees up much needed time. I keep having severe shredding of my nipples, the skin just is so thin there since the thrush. I keep pumping and the occassional feed but all in all I know my days are numbered. I am just hoping to give them a little more protection since I just got a flu shot. My doctor made me feel better about it all though. She said there are three phases of BFing.. the first 6 days which are the most important and beneficial, the first 6 weeks which are very beneficial and then after 6 weeks which is just like sprinkles on a cupcake.. nice to have but not necessary as the benefits are minimal at that point. I think the only reason I'm fighting it is the cost of formula.

I am still not finished my Xmas shopping but I'm hoping that once DH comes home I can ditch the 3 kids on him and just hammer it out quickly. He has been sheltered from watching the babies up until now because of school and studying for exams but he is taking the last two today and then he's fair game until he starts back at school. Yay! I'm so excited for him to take on some of the burden.

Oh that sounds lovely. I stopped bf'ing her last tues. or wed. She was almost 3 months on the 29th. I am pumping and freezing now and have 34 ounces in 2 ounce freezer beakers and I'm going to "try" to use the 20 5 ounce freezer bags I have from the medela collection. So I think she's also gotten what she needs. Since she isn't handling my milk well, I thought I'd use the breastmilk I've frozen in her cereal when she starts it. Hopefully she'll have had enough though I would LOVE it if she would get back on the breast while there's time. It's obvious she's getting what she needs as she's started gaining. I have to ask what is better.

I think you've done EXCELLENT Little. :hugs: It's hard enough to do it with one let alone TWO. I know the Canadian system is different but Amelia's "special formula" which is predigested for her Acid Reflux is 100% covered because the pediatrician has written a script for medical necessity. Is it possible YOU could do that and it would be covered? We get a case of formula for FREE and it's around 30.00 per can. I was shocked.

I'm so sorry your not feeling well. Praying for a speedy recovery and a nice Christmas with the three kids and your new niece.

I forgot to ask my dr about a script for formula...Liam uses enfamil ar bc its made to help with reflux...it would help so much if we got it for free that way....im going to ask at their 4 month appointment in 3 weeks

Kristin, you may not get it for free but you will get a discount. It all depends on your medical and prescription coverage. Doug works as an RN and we get our scripts filled at the employee pharmacy in the hospital. Some of the RN's he works with have to pay a small amount for their formula and we don't know why...but ours was completely free. Even if you get it for a small amount, it's SO WORTH IT. I can't believe we got our formula for free for the whole case. I pray you get yours free with your coverage! :hugs:

I hope its free too, our insurance covered our ivf treatment 100% so a little formula should be nothing lol. But ill take whatever they will give us :)

Ladies, I can't imagine trying to do both breastfeeding and supplementing with bottles. That has got to be a real time suck! Besides getting mastitis a few weeks ago and getting engorged sometimes, breastfeeding is going pretty well for us. He is getting faster at eating so it doesn't take quite so much of our time! BUT, the mastitis really sucked. If I got repeat mastitis I would probably switch to formula. I also don't know what will happen when I go back to work in march. Pumping AND bottles may be a much bigger pain than just bottles!

My girls don't have any medical reasons for needing formula so I don't think a prescription is an option. However, I will note that my Dr's office has been great giving me samples. So far after over 10 weeks I've only bought one can and that was right when we got home from the hospital. My free supply is dwindling fast but I've been researching prices and it seems that the Kirkland Signature Infant Formula with Omega at Costco is the best bang for the buck but I read online it's foamy which I'm not keen on. I like the idea of getting 1.5 cans for the same price as generic from Walmart though.

The Kirkland baby wipes are good. :thumbup:

Good to know :) I'm trying to do the whole reusable wipes thing but we'll see how long that lasts. So far so good but I still use disposable ones when I'm out of the house anyway. Perhaps I'll try them next time I'm in the market for wipes.

https://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu44/taranehshayda/christmas%20delights/christmas%20gifs/merry-christmas-773.gif

Happy New Year Everyone!! How are you all doing?? Was there ever another thread made or are we just keeping this one?? It's been quiet so I'm not sure I'm where I need to be. lol Or maybe all of us are just busy with the babies. :lol:

There is another thread in baby club October babies. I find it using 'user cp' at the top right of the boards.

Hi MA :hi: Happy New Year! Hope you, Doug and Amelia are well.

a few of us can be found in this thread:

https://www.babyandbump.com/parenting-groups/815469-october-2011-mummies-babies.html

Hope to see you over there soon.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"