October babies due dates and bump colours

WOW thats so many vaccines. NZ its

6 weeks
DtaP-IPV
(diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough and polio) Hib-HepB
(haemophilus influenzae type b and hepatitis B) PCV7 (pneumococcal)

3 months

DtaP-IPV
Hib-HepB
PCV7 (pneumococcal)

5 months

DtaP-IPV
Hib-HepB
PCV7 (pneumococcal)

15 months

Hib
(haemophilus influenzae type b) MMR
(measles, mumps, rubella) PCV7 (pneumococcal)
4 years

DtaP-IPV MMR
(measles, mumps, rubella)
none

11 years

dTap

(diphtheria, tetanus, acellular pertussis - adolescent/adult)
IPV
(Inactivated polio vaccine)
none

MA, my gramma had shingles and it was horrible. It made her miserable for the last 2 years of her life. :( I thought getting the chicken pox vaccine would prevent you from getting shingles later in life but I guess that's not true. They are still unsure whether the vaccine is better or worse than getting the actual disease in terms of getting shingles later. BUT, there is a shingles vaccine that older people can get. I think that is great. My mom will be getting it as soon as she's old enough because she saw how horrible it was for my gramma. :(

Little stars, that's great that you're back to breast feeding! Silas had a white spot in his mouth and I freaked out thinking it was thrush. It sounds so awful. The pediatrician didn't seem to think that's what it was though. Guess I am paranoid.

I do have mastitis though (for real, not just paranoia there!) :( its no fun... Ive had a fever and boob pain and started taking antibiotics yesterday. Starting to feel better now... But it's been a pain in the butt. Besides the mastitis, I've been really enjoying breast feeding. So I'm mad that this is a fly in the ointment.

Little good job for breast feeding again. Hope no more issues come your waynow!

Great news on the BF littlestars.

My milk supply seems to have improved and for the first time when she suckles on one breast the other starts to let down as well, I am told this is a good sign :)

zb5 - sorry to hear about the mastitis. I hope it gets better soon. Is it a quick recovery once you get the meds into your system?

Well the girls all went to see Santa. The pictures aren't very good but whatever, I'm not too fussed. It was at a Christmas party at my parents yatch club. One of the members dresses up as Santa and the kids do crafts and have lunch while the parents have some pub food and an ale in the lounge. You bring your own gift for oyur child and Santa gives it to them. DD1 had a great time and was very impressed with Santa's gift. lol Now she thinks that she doesn't need to write a letter to him because he seems to know just what she wants. Doh! I need her to write it so I can find out the one big big thing she wants this year. She's being kinda wishy washy. oh well.

Not sure who is doing the whole soother/pacifier/dummy thing but it seems my darling Libby isn't having of it anymore. She's been working on figuring out her hand for a week or two.. sometimes finding her thumb or an index finger but mostly just knuckles. But today she has repeatedly been finding her middle and ring finger and shoving those in her mouth to suck on while sleeping. She looks like a rock star with her index and pinkie fingers sticking out on either side of her nose. lol

What is everyone's ideal point for stopping BFing? I really would love to make it to 6 months or first tooth personally. Can't see me doing it longer than that. I say that though and yet the girls are still sleeping in their moses baskets in my room and definitely thought by now they'd be in their cribs. Just curious other people's plans.

Also, anyone using reusable bum wipes? I'm curious how that's working? I'm getting closer and closer to the minimum sizing for my reusable diapers and wonder if I should use reusable wipes as well.

One more question before I get on last feed for the night. Those who are doing the whole reusable diaper thing. Who are you using as a soaking solution and do you find it effective? Any bad experiences?

Thanks littlestars, I am feeling a lot better now. I started feeling better after about 24 hours of starting antibiotics.

Silas is also working on his hands. Mostly he chews his knuckles, it looks like he's sucking his thumb but actually his thumb is curled inside his hand. He still likes his pacifier but accidentally knocks it out when playing with his hands, and then gets upset... Sigh. I'll be happy when he figures out how to actually suck his thumb so he can soothe himself. Libby sounds cute in her rock star pose. :)

I think I plan on breast feeding until 9 or 10 months... Well see how it goes!

Littlestars - Freya also prefers to suck on her knuckles rather than her dummy. although her favourite thing is to use my boob as a dummy. *sigh*
regarding breastfeeding, i am hoping to do it for at least 6 months, preferably 1 year.

hi ladies! :hi: hope you and your babies are all well.
xx

Alana has managed to find her thumb recently, but she likes fingers and knuckles also. She will take a dummy though but always spits it out after a short while.

I'd like to bf for at least 6 months ideally 1 year, but I go back to work in April so not sure how I will maintain my supply when I do this.

hey hope you're all ok? Sorry i haven't been on just finding this so difficult i don't like being in the house with him as i just can't seem to settle him so i normally take him out for the day so he'll go to sleep for a bit. Does anyone have tips on how to get them to sleep as i am exhausted? He woke at 7am and has now been asleep for 20mins (it's now 3.30) with him waking to cry for a few mins in that.

hey hope you're all ok? Sorry i haven't been on just finding this so difficult i don't like being in the house with him as i just can't seem to settle him so i normally take him out for the day so he'll go to sleep for a bit. Does anyone have tips on how to get them to sleep as i am exhausted? He woke at 7am and has now been asleep for 20mins (it's now 3.30) with him waking to cry for a few mins in that.

In the first monthI wentout nearly every day for the same reason, also I waslonely while OH was at work and found he would only nap like in your post. Now that I have been home more days in the past week LO will self settle in his cot, I catch him just before he gets too tired. SO as soon as I hear that first (pissed off) cry I will wrap him up and put him down. going from no naps and being exhausted at the end of the day to about 3naps a day and then he will wake once at night has been good since being at home more. I think going out may unsettle them as he will never sleep at mums anymore.
Can someone come and give you a break and catch up on some sleep? Being exhausted is horrible :hugs:

(sorry my spacebar is playing up)

Mine also naps better when we're out and about, or at least if I'm uP and moving with him in the carrier. Honestly, I think the more I want him to naP the less likely he is to fall asleep. It's like he can sense my desperation! :haha:

He has napped better on his own the past few days. I'm hoping it lasts and he just needed some time to figure it out. :shrug:

My first daughter was a bit of a handful initially as far as getting her to sleep much at a time. I used to find bundling up the baby in warm clothing so they are toasty and popping them into the stroller and going for a walk helped make her sleep. Something about the fresh air, new things to look at, I dunno. Anyway, once she was good and asleep I'd go home, pull the stroller into the front foyer and leave her to sleep while I napped on the couch for a few hours. Try doing it right after a nappy change and feed and you've got the best chance for a long stretch. Do it repeatedly at the same time and you might be able to create a scheduled nap.

The twins now sleep on demand and I really should start working on scheduling it but with the holidays coming I'm not too worried because I know it'll just get all messed up anyway and since I get enough sleep at night I don't rely on their naps for my own sleep. That being said I know they definitely fall asleep instantly going in the sling and once asleep I can take the sling off and pop in and the baby into the moses basket and they usually stay asleep. Also they doze off when I play their white noise sound thingy (Sleep Sheep onthego version).

Other suggestion:
Let them cry and tire themselves out a bit, then cuddle and they might doze off.
Massages
Bathtime
At nighttime try to not let them cry to much before tending to them, don't turn lights on, feed and pop them back to bed and hope they go back to sleep quickly

I'm running out of ideas.. but realistically it's something that will come as the baby matures and is able to cope better unfortunately. Doesn't help you really though it it takes a long time to happen so definitely consider (if BFing) getting someone else to take over a feed and allow you to sleep through. DH used to do the last feed of the night with DD1 (12am) while I went to bed shortly after the previous feed (9pm) so that I could sleep through until the early morning feed at 6am and feel rested with 7-8 hours. It worked well for us.

Sorry for the verbal diarrhea there.. I talk a lot in real life too. lol Hope something I typed helps!

Sometimes if I hOld him so he's sort of face planted against my chest, with a pacifier in his mouth, then he'll doze off. I helps to be moving, so either walking or bouncing on my exercise ball. Then I wait 5 minutes to make sure he's really asleep and transfer him to his swing, then put a blanket around him. I don't even turn the swing on, I think he just like that it sort of cradles him. And I keep the blanket around his belly and legs but leave his arms free so he doesn't accidentally move the blanket off if he flails his arms.

Anyway. Even that only works sometimes. I swear though, The exercise ball is great. I got it to use during labor and never ended up using it. Now I am getting my money's worth!

My kid sleeps a lot most days. And nights are a hit and miss. I am usually not too sleep deprived until its been two nights in a row of no sleep then third day i am unable to cope and usually have a bad day! But the some weeks kian sleeps on a nice schedule and I forget about sleep deprivation. Babies are so sporadic sometimes!

Little, those are great tips. You're good at this. Lol.

zb5 - I know the pose you are referring to! Works like a charm on my girls. I was going to suggest it but didn't know how to describe the position. I find making sure the top of the head is covered with the blanket helps too. Right now the girls are all about being cozy warm.

Good idea with the blanket on the head! Mine likes to be nice and warm now too. He woke up last night because he was too cold, then I put an extra blanket around him and he passed right out. Poor kid, it took mr a little while to figure out what was wrong!

Hi ladies. It's been awhile. We've had issues with what we now know is acid reflux. Amelia is calming down since the meds. A new little one and now we have a cold. :wacko: We're working on getting the breastmilk supply back up since we've been opting out of some feedings because they kept saying it was the breastmilk when in actuality it doesn't matter if it's breast milk or formula so now I'm back on breast milk and supplementing with the AR formula until the supply comes back. She STILL has issues latching to my nipple. just with being plus size there seems to be so much areola to take in she has a hard time. The quick let down makes her frustrated so she takes the shield and sucks it through at HER pace. Hopefully this will get better with time.

Anyways, I just wanted to pop in and say hi! How is everyone?

Hi MA! Glad you figured out she had reflux so you can help Amelia out. I hear some LOs just have an easier time latching as they get older and their mouths get bigger. So it may just get easier with time!

I've got a lot of areola too but Silas has a big mouth already. His new trick Is sticking out his tongue and looking at it, and his eyes get all crossed! His tongue is really long, DH calls it the gene Simmons look. :haha:

DH thought there was something wrong with him the first time he found hI'm cross eyed with his tongue out! He definitely looks silly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->