• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

October Babies.

Mummy Bean

Parker & Dougs Mum
Reaction score
Just wondering how you are all doing with your newborns and hope you are all healing well.

Doug is 4 days old and so far so good - breastfeeding going much better then with Parker. I was more prepared for the sore nipples and engorgement which hopefully will pass is the next day or so.

He does have tongue tie tho, but the LC wants me to wait 5 days to decide if I want it snipped or not.

Deff working on night times, as Parker was sharing our bed - so OH has had to move into his room to encourage him to stay there. Also Doug (like most newborns) refuses to sleep any where but in my arms - so trying to make sure we have a safe environment.

Took him to the park for the first time, and had 3 people come over to coo- all who looked utterly shocked when I said he was only 2 days old - one even asked what I was doing out the house. Then thought I would give BF in public my first attempt as we were the only ones in the play park - but as soon as I got my boob out a whole school class of kids came running in - fail!

So how you all doing? Any pictures to share?

Attachments

• 20131024_184759_zps743b6a0f.jpg
    20131024_184759_zps743b6a0f.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 13
Hi mummy bean how cute are your little uns bless em..

Our Darcys 17 days old now n wow it's a shock to the system! Love my little angel more than anything though wouldn't change my new life for a thing!!
Xx

Hello! My Mia is 11 days old and it's such an adjustment having a newborn and being a FTM but I love it. :cloud9: we're getting better at night time sleeping. She's def a baby who loves sleep but I'm not complaining! I was the same way when I was a baby. I never thought I could love someone so much! :happydance:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 6
I was end of August but I wanted to say I also had that lion L is for Little Brother sleepsuit in newborn for Casper and he now has it in 0-3, its soo cute! Congrats on your new arrival :] xxx

Mine is 15 days old. She's wonderful and doesn't cry but grunts a lot in her sleep like she's trying to poop! Sounds horrible and painful but she sleeps right through it (unlike me!) ;)

Glad to hear everyone is doing well :)

Attachments

• IMG_613135859633102.jpg
    IMG_613135859633102.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_449398142007800.jpg
    IMG_449398142007800.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Image C.jpg
    Image C.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 2
Hey Mummy!

Aubree will be two weeks old on Sunday and is doing quite well. She's taken to breast feeding like a champion! She also co-sleeps with OH and I, which I was very adamant about not doing, but just like yours she will only sleep in my arms. She won't do the bassinet, but I'm still trying. She gets frequent gas pains, and has some reflux that makes her breathing sound terrible, but for the most part I think she's a happy baby. She's my world. <3

I could be doing better... :( My OH and I are fighting a lot lately. I'm pretty sure I'm going through postpartum depression and he's less than empathetic, which is shocking to me seeing as how he was so supportive during my pregnancy. I'm finally physically starting to feel better with my third degree tear. Today is the first day since giving birth I haven't woken up and immediately taken my pain killers, so that's good. I can't wait to heal completely so I can start working out and lose this gut!

Hope the rest of the October moms and babies are doing well. :flower:

Attachments

• Pumpkins.jpg
    Pumpkins.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 5
Sticky - gotta love Next! I have had to ban my self from going near the xmas range as I don't think my credit card can take it.

Wisley - Those photos are beyond adorable - how many days was she when you got them? We have a photoshoot booked for next Saturday with both boys...although no idea how I will get Parker to behave.

October - sorry you and your OH not getting along. I think they assume everything will be peachy when baby turns up - but in fact that when the hard work starts. Hope he starts being more sympathetic and you start feeling better. The after pains certainly been worse this time round and along with the sore boobs I been on painkillers pretty much all the time.

:blush: I clicked on this expecting 'babies' Micah's age! Completely forgot that it's October again! :dohh:

All your newborns are absolutely gorgeous and you're making me broody! I said never again but … jeez! Way to make a girl miss those tiny helpless little bundles of cute!

Enjoy every minute ladies, one day you'll wake up and they'll be screaming "up" and demanding you put pepper on their porridge! ;-)

Hi :) My little Beth is 16 days old and I think I've fallen in love with her... I average 4 hours sleep a night but I hold no grudges..yet lol. So glad to see other people in the same boat - am feeling a little isolated at home all day.

[URL=https://s905.photobucket.com/user/suziepunk111/media/6695170_H_zpsc5315156.jpg.html][IMG]https://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac260/suziepunk111/6695170_H_zpsc5315156.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Sticky - gotta love Next! I have had to ban my self from going near the xmas range as I don't think my credit card can take it.

Wisley - Those photos are beyond adorable - how many days was she when you got them? We have a photoshoot booked for next Saturday with both boys...although no idea how I will get Parker to behave.

October - sorry you and your OH not getting along. I think they assume everything will be peachy when baby turns up - but in fact that when the hard work starts. Hope he starts being more sympathetic and you start feeling better. The after pains certainly been worse this time round and along with the sore boobs I been on painkillers pretty much all the time.

The shot with the little rose headband was four days old and the other two were 10 days old.

Love the shot of Doug with his older brother. So cute!!

Everyone's bubbas are gorgeous :)

Hi all!

Marin will be 2 weeks tomorrow as well. Her breastfeeding went well after my milk came in....until it didn't. She's a formula baby now, which I'm personally struggling with, but I'm much more relaxed and she's much happier. That's all that matters in the end, but I still feel terrible.

My OH is a right turd these days. He will tell me how to take care of our baby, but he refuses to touch her. Today, he held her while she screamed while I was in the shower. When I got out, he handed her to me and said "I think she's hungry" and then handed me her bottle I had just made before my shower. Really? REALLY? Feed the damn baby and let me out some clothes on! Now she has scratches all over her poor little face.

She has totally stolen my heart though :) I just want to brag on her ALL the time.

Hi all!

Marin will be 2 weeks tomorrow as well. Her breastfeeding went well after my milk came in....until it didn't. She's a formula baby now, which I'm personally struggling with, but I'm much more relaxed and she's much happier. That's all that matters in the end, but I still feel terrible.

My OH is a right turd these days. He will tell me how to take care of our baby, but he refuses to touch her. Today, he held her while she screamed while I was in the shower. When I got out, he handed her to me and said "I think she's hungry" and then handed me her bottle I had just made before my shower. Really? REALLY? Feed the damn baby and let me out some clothes on! Now she has scratches all over her poor little face.

She has totally stolen my heart though :) I just want to brag on her ALL the time.

Our girls have the same birthday! :D

And my OH sucks, too... :roll:

Hi :) My little Beth is 16 days old and I think I've fallen in love with her... I average 4 hours sleep a night but I hold no grudges..yet lol. So glad to see other people in the same boat - am feeling a little isolated at home all day.

[URL=https://s905.photobucket.com/user/suziepunk111/media/6695170_H_zpsc5315156.jpg.html][IMG]https://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac260/suziepunk111/6695170_H_zpsc5315156.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Awwww, my heart just melted, she totally reminded me of my LO when he was tiny, she's soo beautiful!

Congratulations ladies! Enjoy your gorgeous bundle of joys, they grow so quickly! :)

Glad to see everyone doing well! I'm having a hard time coping with three with no help. Not sure if I'm having PPD or just trying not to admit it lol. My oh is always asking if I'm ok, and if I feel sad. Somedays I feel overwhelmed and cranky (my poor kids!) I forget to eat, but I'm working on it. Anyway We decided on the name Desmond, call him Des and he's doing great! I wish I could post photos on mobile, will have to go on the computer to do it lol.

Sienna is 12 days old and doing really well, it's amazing how much she's grown already. The only thing is that she was born with a lymphatic malformation on her shoulder and will need injections or surgery to remove it. My poor baby, I've never been so worried or prayed so hard in my life :(

Poor baby! :-( I'm sure she'll be ok though, right? I've never heard of anything like that. :-(

Does anyone else feel like their baby is older than they really are? Marin's been holding her own head up since birth, and she would sleep through the night every night if I let her. I don't have much (ok, any) experience with babies or newborns, but she just seems older than she should.

Hi, Kate is 2 weeks old ttoday! I can't believe how fast it's gone! She is such a sweetheart. She's feeding and sleepimy really well, we co sleep so thino that helps a lot!.... My oh went back to work on weds. He works on an oil org so is away for 2 weeks. I didn't think it'd be too hard with him gone but it's hard in the morn when baby just wants feeding but my son needs his breakfast! We're coping though :)

I am loving the relationship between her and my son. He absolutely adores her! X

Toms mummy... We tried co sleeping with a little safe sleeping cot in the middle...she slept way better but gee I don't fit in one third of a bed anymore lol.

Girlinboots... Yep our little one seems way too alert for her age and already turns her head to look at people talking to her.

Steph... My older DS needed potential surgery, but ended up with on long term medication for a kidney reflux when he was 6 weeks old and I know how scary that seems when they're so little! Fingers crossed for you that an easy option comes x

Nullaby... I rang the parent helpline yesterday to check if my sobbing jaunts were a sign of anything but was told I'm a normal new mum with crazy hormonal mood swings :) yay for being a normal sad psycho lol

We have Beth in a bassinet now but she wakes up every 2 hours to feed still. (Only during the night though - in the day she sleeps 4 hours at a time!)
Is anyone else still demand feeding after 2 weeks?

Suzie yeah ive now put her cot against our bed with one side off so we have a bit more room now!

We're still demand feeding and probably will do for 1st 6 months. Its hard at night but its short lived in the grand scheme of things x

Finley is 10 days old today - how bloody quick does it go!!!

He is such a diamond baby - maybe after having such a high needs baby first time round, any baby would seem like a diamond one second time round lol!

He sleeps well, feeds well and is happy to be put down. All of which we had major problems with with our first.

I have managed to develop SPD from childbirth, I had a slight touch of it in pregnancy but nothing to complain about. Now, I struggle to even walk. I cant get out of bed on my own, or off the sofa. I can't walk up the stairs easily without support. Its a real bore. I have forced myself to go out a few times but it has always disabled me afterwards :( I just wanna be able to get up in the night to feed my baby etc and its really difficult. Moan over lol. Aside from that, its all going well.

Me and hubby on the other hand.....I cant wait for him to go back to work.....its like "what are you even doing here?" sometimes lol. I'm sick of his huffing and puffing, just bugger off. :D

Some pics (sorry so big!)
https://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff387/harrisons_mummy/20131019_193202-1.jpg

https://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff387/harrisons_mummy/20131025_113653.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"