October Pumpkins 2016 [47 Pumpkins - 3 Boys, 2 Girls]

Hope everyone's ok, sorry I've been quiet since I joined the thread but we've been away, just about caught up with all my threads again!

Just saw your gender and name reveal Lost, how strange you had all those wrong predictions! Makes me wonder now as I was so convinced I already knew ours too. Still not sure if we're going to find out gender. I think I've followed some of your videos before when I was dealing with my miscarriages, didn't realise it was you when I joined this thread or saw you on the forum!

Hope everyone's ok, sorry I've been quiet since I joined the thread but we've been away, just about caught up with all my threads again!

Just saw your gender and name reveal Lost, how strange you had all those wrong predictions! Makes me wonder now as I was so convinced I already knew ours too. Still not sure if we're going to find out gender. I think I've followed some of your videos before when I was dealing with my miscarriages, didn't realise it was you when I joined this thread or saw you on the forum!

Thanks honey! I first started my channel with last Marchs MC. I screamed when it said pregnant, I was only CD8!

It just reiterates the fact these wives tales are just that, tales, fun, hocus pocus lol!

Yeah exactly! I'm not convinced with any of them usually, it's just my scan pic this time just looks all boy to me, and the nub theory seems to be pretty accurate so hard to still believe it could be a girl!

Kat I have the stuffy nose going on too. So frickin annoying. Made it so I couldn't get back to sleep this morning. Blah.

Yep it's super annoying :dohh: I'm going a bit crazy today because it didn't go away when I got up :wacko: Hoping it's better tomorrow. I sneezed a lot because of it which added to the annoyance :dohh:

So anyone gone shopping yet? My MIL feels it's too early for us to start looking at e.g. baby carriages? We're thinking about buying a used one because they're so expensive new but not sure yet.

Kat I will be shopping as soon as I know gender. Never too early IMO lol. Finding out on Thursday

How exciting ajarvis. You'll have to let us know so I can update Page 1.

Congrats to all those who have found out what you're having!
Lost- I thought you weren't telling! Was temptation too much? We're thinking of finding out but not telling, although I'm not sure if I can do that yet. I'd have to tell at least my sister which would annoy my husband as he wouldn't tell a soul :)

Kat- I'm hoping to get most things used and plan on starting as soon as I find things. We'll be moving in September to a bigger place and money will be tight with me being on maternity, so plan to spread the cost by shopping early.

I've started our registry, but it's still set to private. Since so much of our family lives far away and we are still keeping things internet quiet, we've decided to mail old school announcements in a few weeks and I wanted to make sure we had the registry available by then.

Will do lost!

Ladies I think I'm developing an ear infection. What I thought was congestion I think is more. Sore throat. Swollen right lymph gland ear ache. And I'm allergic to penicillin so I really hope I don't need antibiotics.

I didn't think it was too early either which is why DH and I had started looking after I'd pretty much convinced him we should buy stuff over a period of months (to avoid suddenly having a huge bill). But MIL may have messed that up a bit with her meddling Saturday :growlmad: I'll see if I can get DH to buy a few items next month as I don’t think I can get him to buy this month now :nope:

Anyway hope your scan goes well ajarvis :flower: Sorry about your ear infection, hope it soon clears up:flower:

Lady seems we have pretty much the same plan:winkwink:

Clandestine registries are smart, wish they had those more here. But I don't think we'll be getting anything from people until the Christening next April as there are absolutely no traditions for baby showers or anything in this country. So we're "stuck" with the entire cost. My toxic mother is knitting a few items though. My in-laws haven't offered anything anything yet but we'll see.

Good evening ladies. :)

I am unsure when to start shopping too, we had a gender scan which said we were expecting a girl but a friend of mine had the same and then was told boy by her 20 week. The potty shot we have is pretty clearly a girl with not really any room for mistake but I'm still a little dubious!

We bought a new buggy the other week though. It was cheap lol. Xx

Sorry I've been MIA had college finals and stuff going on. Glad to see everyone is doing well over here!

We will find out the gender at the 20 week scan... can't wait!!! Hoping for a girl!!! And yes then I'll start shopping. If it's another boy we won't need much though... Been looking at double strollers but can't see anything I like...

Also started feeling strong movements last week at 15w2d, even from the outside (DH got to feel a few). Right now I can feel little bean jumping around. Such a relieving feeling to be at this stage where you know baby is alive and well without needing a doppler or scan.

hi ladies

hope everyone is well ...

Ajarvis I also have a stuffy nose going on ... good luck with your scan on Thursday ...

Kat we haven't really bought anything DH just bought vests and 2 outfits all gender neutral of course ...

Lost it was so nice having to watch your gender reveal congrats once again on baby being a boy ...

Welcome Mama ... Im also due on the 14th ... but will be having a section

aww Ella its re-assuring to know your little bean is fine by the movements

AFM - I had my monthly appointment with my OBGYN yesterday and got my results back from my 12 weeks bloods and my baby is low risk for downs and we are both perfectly healthy, thank God. I also had my anatomy scan yesterday and my baby was asleep with its head on its hand and bums in the air and has such long legs must be taking after daddy. The HB was very strong and I saw the little spine, bladder and the brain. Unfortunately my docs don't tell you the gender as they got it wrong in the past and was sued so they refer you for a private scan. Im just happy my baby is healthy and strong. I also spoke to them about my PGP and I was told to take it easy for now and if it gets worse we will look into some support belts. I also only just gained 1kg so I only gained 1.2kg this entire pregnancy. My next visit is on 6th June.

thanks Lost ... its such a relief and now we can announce this blessing

So great that your results were so good Blessed and scan went well :thumbup:

Congrats Lost, I'm not on the FB group yet as I won’t be announcing the pregnancy on FB until around the 23rd so couldn't see the video.

AFM DH agreed to start buying certain items next month which stinks but what I expected. We bought a table and 6 chairs for our balcony so don't have funds to buy anything big anyway this month :shrug: Wrote an SMS to a childish friend of mine last week (she's 34 but is mentally closer to 16-18) about my 1st midwife appointment but she never answered - guess she's keeping busy with her studies and her approx. 11 year younger boyfriend :dohh: Due to my siblings being so toxic, I can't share this pregnancy with them as they wouldn't care anyway (they've been making it crystal clear the past year or 2 that I'm not wanted in their lives). Makes me feel a bit alone in a way as only DH's family is excited and shows interest (mostly his parents and grandmother).

Congrats Lost, I'm not on the FB group yet as I won’t be announcing the pregnancy on FB until around the 23rd so couldn't see the video.

AFM DH agreed to start buying certain items next month which stinks but what I expected. We bought a table and 6 chairs for our balcony so don't have funds to buy anything big anyway this month :shrug: Wrote an SMS to a childish friend of mine last week (she's 34 but is mentally closer to 16-18) about my 1st midwife appointment but she never answered - guess she's keeping busy with her studies and her approx. 11 year younger boyfriend :dohh: Due to my siblings being so toxic, I can't share this pregnancy with them as they wouldn't care anyway (they've been making it crystal clear the past year or 2 that I'm not wanted in their lives). Makes me feel a bit alone in a way as only DH's family is excited and shows interest (mostly his parents and grandmother).

Links were not just put on FB, It was on my Journal. You do not need FB to access or play the video.

I know how you feel about absent family. I have no one to talk to let alone ask for help, my parents live 8 miles away and my sister lives in the same town. It stinks being on your own but at least you have DH.

Links were not just put on FB, It was on my Journal. You do not need FB to access or play the video.

I know how you feel about absent family. I have no one to talk to let alone ask for help, my parents live 8 miles away and my sister lives in the same town. It stinks being on your own but at least you have DH.

Ah ok I thought you said the link was in the FB group and I figured it might be hard to find on YouTube if I don't have the link.

I'm sure that at least your family is interested and treats you decent - the same can’t be said of my toxic siblings. My 23 year older brother has gotten more abusive over the years (he's super condescending and puts me down constantly) and none of them have ever offered moral support during any crisis e.g. when I was going through infertility :nope: Despite the fact my brother went through infertility for 5 years before his wife conceived on their last IVF try, he has been completely unsupportive and told me January last year to try going on a vacation to conceive, as if that helps everyone going through infertility :dohh: When I politely tried to end the conversation because he was being mean and insensitive, he told me I only wanted to end it because it wasn't going my way, that I can’t seem to accept a differing opinion and to post on when I was ready for an adult conversation.

Ah ok I thought you said the link was in the FB group and I figured it might be hard to find on YouTube if I don't have the link.

I'm sure that at least your family is interested and treats you decent - the same can’t be said of my toxic siblings. My 23 year older brother has gotten more abusive over the years (he's super condescending and puts me down constantly) and none of them have ever offered moral support during any crisis e.g. when I was going through infertility :nope: Despite the fact my brother went through infertility for 5 years before his wife conceived on their last IVF try, he has been completely unsupportive and told me January last year to try going on a vacation to conceive, as if that helps everyone going through infertility :dohh: When I politely tried to end the conversation because he was being mean and insensitive, he told me I only wanted to end it because it wasn't going my way, that I can’t seem to accept a differing opinion and to post on when I was ready for an adult conversation.

Interested and treats me decent? Ha, I wish.
Never sees me, let alone the grand children. They know I am disabled and struggle.
I told my so called mother over a month ago that I am risking my life come October. 3 weeks later she replied asking if I had tried calling - completely ignoring the fact she might lose her daughter in October. She had 4 children, one passed away and the other 2 don't bother with her. You'd think she'd try to maintain contact with the last remaining child that has anything to do with her?

At 8 weeks I was hospitalised for severe morning sickness and they both told me to terminate, well I say 'told', shouted down the phone to me is more realistic. I only asked them to have the toddler because I was admitted for fluids. I ended up only having one bag of IV fluids and having to discharge myself because of their behaviour.

I strongly believe that some of us are better off without our parents / siblings.

Blessed it turned into an ear infection. Bad in the right first and then left as well. I'm on antibiotics and feeling somewhat human right now. But only somewhat. I also have a head cold with sinus congestion and that today has migrated to a chest cold. Good times :p

The last couple days have been fast though so I'm even closer to Thursday haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->