October Pumpkins 2016 [47 Pumpkins - 3 Boys, 2 Girls]

sorry Kat and Lost for having to go through this pregnancy with no support ...

ajarvis Im glad you on antibiotics hope you start feeling better soon ... only one more sleep to go before your scan

Congrats Lost, I'm not on the FB group yet as I won’t be announcing the pregnancy on FB until around the 23rd so couldn't see the video.

AFM DH agreed to start buying certain items next month which stinks but what I expected. We bought a table and 6 chairs for our balcony so don't have funds to buy anything big anyway this month :shrug: Wrote an SMS to a childish friend of mine last week (she's 34 but is mentally closer to 16-18) about my 1st midwife appointment but she never answered - guess she's keeping busy with her studies and her approx. 11 year younger boyfriend :dohh: Due to my siblings being so toxic, I can't share this pregnancy with them as they wouldn't care anyway (they've been making it crystal clear the past year or 2 that I'm not wanted in their lives). Makes me feel a bit alone in a way as only DH's family is excited and shows interest (mostly his parents and grandmother).

Links were not just put on FB, It was on my Journal. You do not need FB to access or play the video.

I know how you feel about absent family. I have no one to talk to let alone ask for help, my parents live 8 miles away and my sister lives in the same town. It stinks being on your own but at least you have DH.

Ah ok I thought you said the link was in the FB group and I figured it might be hard to find on YouTube if I don't have the link.

I'm sure that at least your family is interested and treats you decent - the same can’t be said of my toxic siblings. My 23 year older brother has gotten more abusive over the years (he's super condescending and puts me down constantly) and none of them have ever offered moral support during any crisis e.g. when I was going through infertility :nope: Despite the fact my brother went through infertility for 5 years before his wife conceived on their last IVF try, he has been completely unsupportive and told me January last year to try going on a vacation to conceive, as if that helps everyone going through infertility :dohh: When I politely tried to end the conversation because he was being mean and insensitive, he told me I only wanted to end it because it wasn't going my way, that I can’t seem to accept a differing opinion and to post on when I was ready for an adult conversation.

Interested and treats me decent? Ha, I wish.
Never sees me, let alone the grand children. They know I am disabled and struggle.
I told my so called mother over a month ago that I am risking my life come October. 3 weeks later she replied asking if I had tried calling - completely ignoring the fact she might lose her daughter in October. She had 4 children, one passed away and the other 2 don't bother with her. You'd think she'd try to maintain contact with the last remaining child that has anything to do with her?

At 8 weeks I was hospitalised for severe morning sickness and they both told me to terminate, well I say 'told', shouted down the phone to me is more realistic. I only asked them to have the toddler because I was admitted for fluids. I ended up only having one bag of IV fluids and having to discharge myself because of their behaviour.

I strongly believe that some of us are better off without our parents / siblings.

Wow sounds like you also have toxic family members, I'm so sorry :hugs: Your mother sounds similar to mine, everything is about her and her needs come first. She sounds like a possible NPD case (Narcissistic Personality Disorder ). If she is than she's without empathy for anyone but herself. Unfortunately people with this disorder only get worse with age.

I've found it's best to emotionally detach from toxic people which I've done with my mother, it’s taking longer with my siblings though for some reason hence why their behavior sometimes still upsets me. Maybe go as low contact as possible if no contact isn't an option? I've been low contact with my mother and am practically no contact with my siblings, making it more official after I've given birth as I don’t need the s***storm that'll happen right now (they'll probably gaslight, project and blame me for everything).

Also might be best to avoid asking your toxic relatives for any favours, they just see it as a future IOU that they can cash in from you later.

Unfortunately that's true and what I've also learned :nope:

Don't worry, I cut all ties with my parents over a week ago now. I wrote in my journal and vlogged about it.

Thanks blessed! Definitely feeling human again today and just confirmed my appt for tomorrow :D

Lost and Kat it can't be easy going through this pregnancy on your own or sob minimal support. I'm very lucky I have very supportive in laws, especially as I live over 6000 miles away from my own family.

Blessed- great news on your results!

Ajarvis- glad to hear you're feeling better. I've had an ear infection only once since I can remember and I cannot believe how painful it is! It's amazing kids with ear infections can sometimes seem so well.

I'm exhausted today. Have just come home feeling very deflated and I'm not completely sure why, although may be to do with the fact that I've slept terribly for the last week. Think I'll be going to bed very soon.

An early night will do you wonders Lady. I had a great Mother in law, I couldn't have asked for better until we split up and she obviously took his side over things - even though she said she was discussed at his behaviour.

Going through a pregnancy and parenting on your own sucks but what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. During this pregnancy I have taken a chest of drawers upstairs, moved two washing machines, plumbed in a washing machine in a tight space, moved a dining table - all by myself. I am a strong woman and I should not forget that.

lady the last one I had was when my oldest was about a year and had been having a bunch. I had so much more empathy after that.

I also seem to be more tired after getting home from work, but then also we going through sleep regression with my 2yr old so she is always complaining and fighting in her sleep.

Lost indeed you are and I can only applaud you on doing this on your own.

Ajarvis glad you better. What time is your scan?

Well its winter in South Africa or autumn LOL don't know just its been very cold this week and now my son and daughter seem to be coming down with the flu and this morning my throat is on fire.

Is there any meds I can use for some relief?

I moved up one block whoop whoop officially 4 months pregnant now

Lady so great you have supportive in-laws. Mine have been pretty good, they're definitely more interested than my toxic mother is or my toxic siblings would be if they knew. I'm also having sleep issues. I try to sleep on my left as much as possible but end up feeling sore and shift to my right. I keep on going back and forth between my sides :nope:

BTW having my birthday party for family on Sunday and does anyone know of a yummy virgin drink I can make since I can’t drink alcohol?

Kat I also move from side to side or slightly on my tummy. I put a pillow under my tummy and lay more on my side.

I don't have any, but Im assuming its spring in your country?

Enjoy the party.

Kat I also move from side to side or slightly on my tummy. I put a pillow under my tummy and lay more on my side.

I don't have any, but Im assuming its spring in your country?

Enjoy the party.

Hmmm I've also been thinking about trying either a long pillow or one for pregnancy to see if it helps.

Yep it's spring. The weather has been lovely with the sun out the last few days but it's going to rain all weekend so will be holding the party indoors:dohh: ATM it's my in-laws, DH's grandmother, my eldest BIL plus his 2 kids and my toxic mother that are coming. Haven't heard back from my youngest BIL and his girlfriend but thinking they're probably not coming as it takes 1 hour by train for them to get here.

sounds like fun, despite the rain ... you'll be celebrating with people who actually want to be there ...

yes try the pillow ... I regret giving my pregnancy pillow to my niece ...

I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow, im pretty excited about it and then hopefully they book in my morphology scan.

sounds like fun, despite the rain ... you'll be celebrating with people who actually want to be there ...

yes try the pillow ... I regret giving my pregnancy pillow to my niece ...

Yep too true. Not that my toxic siblings could come since the 2 I'm still in contact with (not for long though!) live in the USA.

Ok I'll see about convincing DH to purchase one for me then :winkwink:

GL with your appointment Cassie :flower:

Good luck with your appointment misscassie!

I'm still not following the sleeping on the left rule.... Do we already have to not? I love sleeping on my back and usually end up turning anyway throughout the night.

Blessed had my scan this morning a couple hours ago. Just got to work.

Healthy active baby GIRL :D

All my baby dreams were right. I only ever dreamed of a girl :)

I've never been able to get comfortable on a pregnancy pillow. :shrug:

I've booked a doctors appointment for next Friday to discuss my feet and ankles, my flat foot and request iron bloods. Just can't stay awake at the moment, so it's best to have them checked.

Congrats Ajarvis!! Do you already have 2 boys? I can't remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->