October Testing Party (cont. from Mid-End of Sept. thread) - Join Me!

Hello Ladies,

TTC #1! Super excited. A little about me. I am new to this site and thought I could join you ladies on this thread. I'm in my mid-late 20's and have been married to my hubby for 3yrs. We wanted to wait until we both had secure jobs and our first house. Well those things are all achieved so now its time to add to our family. :) Hopefully sooner rather than later.

we are trying, but taking more of the natural approach. Havent tested opk or temps or anything like that. Been going off CM and about 14 days before my next period for predicting O. Have been adding a few days before and after just to make sure we don't miss our chance. If this way doesn't work after a few months, I'll be starting to try everything else!

Started last month and didn't work out. Even though I thought for sure I was. But I can't be too discouraged since it was the first time. Would have been nice though.

I should be ovulating this weekend, so my hubby and I will be having some fun this weekend ;). Last month we tried the everyday approach, but this month we are trying to every other day.

Should be testing around Oct. 6th.

Wishing all you ladies good luck and hopefully you dont mind me joining this thread.

Welcome Kj...that is what hubby and i did for a while. Turns out we werent even close to O day most times. All we are doing is using the opks and not temping. I never thought i needed to use opks, but they are super helpful when you dont know your exact o day. We used to go based on the 14 days too. Last cycle i was cd17 for o and this cycle it was cd12. So its an ok measure to use, but not as effective as using an opk. Good luck and hopefully you get that eggie sooner than later :)

Welcome Kj...that is what hubby and i did for a while. Turns out we werent even close to O day most times. All we are doing is using the opks and not temping. I never thought i needed to use opks, but they are super helpful when you dont know your exact o day. We used to go based on the 14 days too. Last cycle i was cd17 for o and this cycle it was cd12. So its an ok measure to use, but not as effective as using an opk. Good luck and hopefully you get that eggie sooner than later :)

Thanks for the reply and helpful tips Orionfox! I appreciate it. Hopefully we were close. Last month when we first started trying I did the O tester ket online. Put in my expected period and they showed when I "should" be Oing. So I have been using that and adding a few days before and after. That online test showed me at Sep. 18th - 23rd this month. So we started BDing the 14th and will go until I get my period, lol.

If after a few months this doesn't work I'll be testing with OPKs to get the most accurate result! :)

Judging from my CM, my O day should be here closer to the 23rd. The other night it was really white and pasty...Sorry maybe TMI. But it was clearer today, still not egg white clear or stretchy though. So we will see.

I hope this is your month too!!! Good luck.

Welcome kj!! Fx'd crossed you get catch the egg this month! :dust:

Welcome, kj! :hi: I'll get you added for the 6th. Happy to have you aboard, and good luck! :) Many of us were pretty convinced that we were pregnant that first month of trying (well actually, I've been pretty convinced most months :haha:) so don't feel alone there! I had planned to not start the temping or opk's or anything until a few months in but I got so caught up in everything on these threads that I started way earlier than I thought! But honestly, it's been kind of fun for me. It gives me something to obsess over (the science of it all!) and keeps me from obsessing so much over whether or not it will happen. I think that's helping keep me from stressing about the conceiving part too much, which is good. :) I hope you catch that eggie, good luck! :dust:

Hi girls!! :flower:

I am joining our new thread as well. We have a great group here. You all are wonderful pick me ups when having a bad day--or any kind of day.

All of you are terrific. :hugs:

AF is due to arrive next month Oct 11...so I won't test until then. Maybe. This is the month we are using opks so I may not be able to wait that long to test! :haha:

Thanks yoga girl!

The waiting to Ov and the tww suck. I have enjoyed the past threads, and can't wait for everyone to get their positives! Rooting for everyone!!

It does stink! I am hopeful for October though! Bring on the super sperm!:winkwink:

Welcome KJ! Good Luck to you this month! I would love if I was getting as much action as you! SO JEALOUS! You go girl.

When you are ready for OPKs, amazon has a nice combo pack of 100 (LH) Ovulation & 20 (HCG) Pregnancy Test Strips for $33. I found it helpful to use the strips.

AF got me today...so I am officially coming over. Good Luck to all of the October testers!

have been half hanging out in the september thread, but am tentatively joining here too...as long as my temp doesn't nosedive between 29th-1st, i'll be testing on the 1st.

and if AF does come, i'll probably still be able to squeeze in for one last cycle by the end of october before we take a break and prevent until february or march (overseas wedding in september i do not want to miss because i got myself knocked up:roll:)

I'm going to test on Oct 4th. Not sure if I O'd yet or not since I haven't actually seen a positive on my OPKs (line got darker on the 16th but never positive and then lighter the last couple days). I figure the 4th will be safe day if AF hasn't shown up yet. If this isn't my month then I'm going to try temping next cycle. I was hoping I wouldn't have to but it will be helpful to confirm if I'm actually O'ing or not.

Good luck everyone!

I'm going to test on Oct 4th. Not sure if I O'd yet or not since I haven't actually seen a positive on my OPKs (line got darker on the 16th but never positive and then lighter the last couple days). I figure the 4th will be safe day if AF hasn't shown up yet. If this isn't my month then I'm going to try temping next cycle. I was hoping I wouldn't have to but it will be helpful to confirm if I'm actually O'ing or not.

Good luck everyone!

When using the non digital opks, the line does not have to be as dark as the control line. As long as its pretty close it is considered a positive. I never knew this before, so i just get the digitals. The pkg instructions mislead you as it says it has to be as dark or darker but thats not true. I found that out when i missed O the cycle i used them, as i waited to see if the line would get darker as it never was as dark. Then it lightened up. Found out it just had to be close to it. Hopefully you managed to BD while it was darker :)

Good luck everyone!

When using the non digital opks, the line does not have to be as dark as the control line. As long as its pretty close it is considered a positive. I never knew this before, so i just get the digitals. The pkg instructions mislead you as it says it has to be as dark or darker but thats not true. I found that out when i missed O the cycle i used them, as i waited to see if the line would get darker as it never was as dark. Then it lightened up. Found out it just had to be close to it. Hopefully you managed to BD while it was darker :)

Thank you! I've been driving myself insane wondering what was going on. We did BD the day it was darker and then again last night so hopefully we caught it.

Good luck everyone!

Thank you! I've been driving myself insane wondering what was going on. We did BD the day it was darker and then again last night so hopefully we caught it.

You're welcome...FX for you that you caught that eggie :) Yeah sometimes you wish getting pregnant would be a whole lot more easier lol.

Hi everyone! AF got me this morning so moving on over from the sept thread! :wave:

Welcome to the new ladies...FX'd this is your month!

Turtle - please can you put me down for the 18th October. That will be CD29 for me so either the day before or day AF is due, as I usually have 28/29 day cycles. Thanks! :thumbup:

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"