Ocular migraine..

Eegee

Reaction score
I have posted elsewhere but haven't had a response, so thought I'd update in here and see if anyone has time to reply :)

For a few weeks I had all sorts of symptoms that matched those of my first pregnancy - period pains without my period, restless legs one night, vivid dreams, etc. Several tests were negative, and my period finally arrived on Saturday.

I am irregular, and this is my worst period since the one before I got pregnant with my daughter. Unlike a normal heavy period (for me), the blood has remained bright red throughout and there have been very few clots (sorry for the graphic description!).

Now I'm having an ocular migraine (no pain). The only time I have experienced this was during pregnancy, although that was a 'C' shape and this is a circle right in the centre of my vision which started off tiny and has steadily got bigger and bigger.

Has anyone any idea what might be going on? We haven't been actively trying to get pregnant but we had sex on the 17th, 24th and 31st July.

Yes it sounds like a hormonal migraine which could mean there is a temporary inbalance caused by something, have you taken any medicines recently?

Thanks for replying. No, haven't taken anything. I wondered if it was maybe a cyst or something.

When I was on the combined pill it gave me ocular migraines, theyd start as a tiny spot in the middle then the c shape would get bigger and bigger until it went outside my field of vision. I had a normal brain scan so they said it was the oestrogen in the pill. Maybe as your cycles are irregular you might be having a different level of hormones this month? I dont have any experience of cysts or anything but I guess it could be a possibility. Have the docs ever looked into why you're irregular?

I had ocular migraines in my last preg the whole second trimester it was horrible. Not being able to see was the worst.

I had a chemical pregnancy a couple of months ago. I was only 4.5 weeks (so just 4 days late), and it affected me way more than I expected to. The bleeding was moderate to heavy, but the real kicker was the migraine from hell that I got. It lasted for several days, and then just disappeared as my bleeding stopped. I've had my migraine issues under control for a while, so this really caught me off guard. I think it was from the intensee hormonal shift of being pregnant for a minute and then losing it. It might not seem like such a brief pregnancy would have much of an impact, but it took me 7 weeks to get my next period, so...

I guess my point is that it could have been a chemical pregnancy and the residual hormones were enough to cause the occular migraine,even if the hgc never reached your urine and triggered a positive test. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->