Odd bleeding

noon_child

Reaction score
Just to start with I am going to the doctor about this but it takes ages to get an appointment and some of the doctors at the practice are very dismissive so I wanted to prep myself first with "ordinary people's" opinions.

I have the Mirena Coil but while breastfeeding and for 6 months after stopping, I had no periods or breakthrough bleeds. Then I started getting very light periods every 28 days. These have slowly got heavier but are still light. All seemed normal until:

June 23rd I got a period that lasted 9 days (not unusual for me they are usually 8). Then on 14th July (21 days after start of last one/ 12days after it finished) I got another period. This one lasted 12 days. Four days later a small piece of bloody body tissue was in the toilet after I'd been and my cm was pink tinged. Then yesterday (another 4 days on) I had to put a pantyliner in as blood streaked cm was staining my knickers.

Can the Mirena cause odd bleeding even after 6 months of regular bleeding? or does this sound like something more? FYI I got a negative smear result in May.

Hmmmmm.... that does seem odd? Not that I'm any help- I just had my Mirena put in a couple weeks back. But I know it can take "up to 6mos" to even out (period wise)- so after that I'd think things were more normal? And your well past that initial 6mos.... But you were also BF for a while at first too- so maybe that changed things?

Is there any advise line you can call? Or would the doc talk to you or the Medical Assistent for any insight?

It's so hard as our bodies can do some crazy stuff sometimes! I've had crazy things happen when I was even off any form of BC-- just suddenly my totally normal, very predictible period up and changed and I had a HORRID period for no real reason- then the next month all back to normal?

Sorry I'm no help- hope it's sorted soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->