odd period or pregnant?

fangirl

Reaction score
Yes, the only way to know is to test, but I thought it couldn't hurt to get some advice in a friendly environment.

Had unprotected relations during fertile week.

Period came one day early (normal stuff) with just the light spotting. The next two days were heavy-ish, but no clotting. Then it all stopped. Done-zo. Nada.
Normally my periods are heavy for three days and light for three more, and accompanied by cramping and bloating that leaves me in the fetal position. This time, just mild cramping.

My PMS seemed normal: mild cramping, swollen and tender breasts.

This was a week ago. Now, for the past week:
Motion sickness every time I am a passenger in a car/upset stomach. (Almost threw up while working out, though this could've been due to workout itself)
Stomach can't make up its mind....I go from about to vomit to starving in 2.4 seconds.
Tired.(though I am always on the go)
Overly emotional (I'm normally emotional anyway, but I was literally ugly sobbing and heaving over a cheerios commercial)
Moody
Breasts aren't sore (they were for PMS) but they do feel slightly fuller and nipple area may be slightly darker.
Allergies may be acting up?

Thoughts?

I forgot to mention that for the last week also I have been very (sorry for tmi) gassy. Burping a LOT. Never been a burpin' girl.

I have heard of people having some heavier bleeding around the time of AF but still being pregnant. It is a possibility. But you could just be having an irregular month (my period is usually like yours, 3 heavy days and 3 light days, but the past two cycles have lasted only 4 days total).

Maybe stress is causing your symptoms? I know my tummy acts up when I get too stressed out; stress and anxiety can really mess with your body. You are right, the only way to know for sure is to test, but if you don't want to do that yet, I would wait until next month to see if AF comes. Good luck!

I've heard some stories like this where the result was negative and positive.

I'd really like to hear how things turn out for you fangirl!

DH and I are TTC our first child. I'm not using OPKs or using the BBT method. Anyway, this past cycle in particularly odd. My breasts became tender, sore (specifically on the sides) and veiny around 4-5DPO. I never had that happen before! Then I had spotting around 9-10DPO. Unfortunately the spotting hasn't stopped, the breast pain and veins have gone away, and this morning (15-16DPO) the Clearblue Advance pregnancy test said "Not Pregnant". Before TTC, I would normally have sore breasts and cramping 1-2 days before my period (26-28 day cycle)...but not this cycle.

Have you taken a test?

Thank you Bubbles, Babifever, and Hope.

Bubbles- you're right. I don't feel the particular symptoms of stress, but that doesn't mean my body isn't stressed. I work a LOT.

hope thank you!! I sincerely wish that everything turns out for you. That all sounds nuts! Why do pregnancy and period/PMS stuff have to be similar? Why can't they just be COMPLETELY different so we aren't left to wonder? Please keep me posted!! (&no -I haven't tested yet. Probably going to just wait until my next AF)

Bubbles- you're right. I don't feel the particular symptoms of stress, but that doesn't mean my body isn't stressed. I work a LOT.

hope thank you!! I sincerely wish that everything turns out for you. That all sounds nuts! Why do pregnancy and period/PMS stuff have to be similar? Why can't they just be COMPLETELY different so we aren't left to wonder? Please keep me posted!! (&no -I haven't tested yet. Probably going to just wait until my next AF)

No problem!

Urg, I know! I think our bodies do crazy things when we want something really bad. But in the end, Mother Nature is in the driver seat, and all we can do is go along for the ride. I'm bummed that AF is rearing her ugly head, but DH and I are already looking forward to the next cycle of trying.

Good luck fangirl!

Of course! Glad to help! I hope things turn out how you want them to. Working a lot will definitely do it, I know that feeling all too well.

Also, referring to Hope's comment, I get like very PMS symptom in the book that could also be a pregnancy symptom. It's frustrating because I symptom spot all the time during the TWW! It's so frustrating!

Hello everyone. Just the question I was about to ask.
I had this strange period where there was no clots at all. I normally have lots of them.
Also, I do have a one year old when, I was pregnant with her I had ib so this period was not at all like ib also.
I do have many prenancy symptoms though but, just wondering whether it is my head playing witg my body.
I feel dizzy, have headaches, strange cravings and the strong feeling that something is off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->