Odd reaction to LO in woolies?!

funny_face

Hubby, baby girl n cat
Reaction score
Well, today was my LO's first day in cloth and I had her in a fitted nappy with a wooly soaker.
I absolutely love woolies! But I spoke to my mum earlier, I had sent her photos and she was horrified! She knows I'm going to be switching to cloth nappies and likes the idea, she used them with us. But when she saw the woolies she said they were horrible :cry: that she'd send the other photos on to our family but not the ones with the woolies :nope:

Honestly, its totally taken me by surprise! She said most people her age wont like them as they are really old fashioned, but I love them! I love the new things like weenotions etc but woolies are timeless surely :shrug:

Has anyone else ever heard a reaction so extreme to woolies?!

I think it's just personal preference hon, some people like wool, some don't. I prefer pocket nappies myself but have just started using wool at night and DH thought her woolies were ridiculous looking! I think she looks cute :blush:

It's none of your mum's business though! You like them and that's all that matters :hugs:

I think woolies are really cute personally. Mine have worn 'em :flower::winkwink::thumbup:

i started crocheting some longies for Noah yesterday, my MIL thought it was a bit wierd and pulled her face :(
She also said they'd be too warm but it's not like this every day :roll:

i think its a bit dramatic that she wont send the pictures on :S

at the end of the day you are the mammy, it is your choice, end of!

x

I just see wool as being like any other clothes really. I'd be horrified if anybody said they didn't like what Leyla was wearing, whether it was wool pants or her t-shirt or whatever. To be honest, I'd probably tell them it's really rude to say something like that! I mean, I know not everybody likes the same clothes but you don't need to say it!

What are woolies? What do you use them for? :blush:

They are wraps, wool is waterproof if lanolised and its breathable because its a natural material. I like the idea better than PUL, it just seems like it would be sweaty :rofl:

I've yet to try PUL wraps though :shrug:

What are woolies? What do you use them for? :blush:

They are wraps, wool is waterproof if lanolised and its breathable because its a natural material. I like the idea better than PUL, it just seems like it would be sweaty :rofl:

I've yet to try PUL wraps though :shrug:

Oh I see, makes sense!
Well I think that is really mean her saying that - to me its as rude as someone saying they don't like Izzys t shirt so wont send the piccy on!

x

I just see wool as being like any other clothes really. I'd be horrified if anybody said they didn't like what Leyla was wearing, whether it was wool pants or her t-shirt or whatever. To be honest, I'd probably tell them it's really rude to say something like that! I mean, I know not everybody likes the same clothes but you don't need to say it!

Mum, dramatic, never! :rofl: I know, it probably sounds worse than it is! She's a bit sensitive to what other people think sometimes.
TBH I don't really mind what other people think of it, but I did wonder if I was going to be bombarded with a lot of people telling me how ugly they were :cry:

I think just for practical reasons (bulk etc) I might have to keep them for nightime / in the house, but they worked so well! If they suit what she's wearing then I'll have her in them :thumbup:

i started knitted some longies for Tom and my mum just scoffed! Saying they're weird!! But then i showed here a pic on the internet and she changed her mind!

Maybe you need to educate you mum about them xx

Ooh yeah get a skirtie. I don't think anybody could resist a skirtie!

I luuuuuurve my knitted wool covers! Absolutely cute! Are you allowed to put photos on here? Lets jave a looksy!

Woolies are lush!!

People are funny. Bit OT, but last time my MIL came round, she started commenting on what G was wearing & that he shouldn't be swaddled in a blanket etc, etc (it was a cold day!!) he was sound asleep and she took him and pulled him around and unwrapped him and made him scream :(
It made me feel quite upset, and annoyed me that she couldn't keep her opinions to herself !!

x

Mum, dramatic, never! :rofl: I know, it probably sounds worse than it is! She's a bit sensitive to what other people think sometimes.
TBH I don't really mind what other people think of it, but I did wonder if I was going to be bombarded with a lot of people telling me how ugly they were :cry:

I think just for practical reasons (bulk etc) I might have to keep them for nightime / in the house, but they worked so well! If they suit what she's wearing then I'll have her in them :thumbup:

My response to that would be 'So's your face but I'm not complaining' I'm not very tactful if people criticise my taste :haha: I agree with getting a skirtie though, they are adorable

I love woolies too. My OH didnt really understand at first but Ive been getting him to help choose the wool for new pairs of longies and some wool dungarees and he gets more how they work now and was amazed at how reliable they are.
I would be pretty upset if someone had such a strong negative reaction to them, fortunately my mum just offered to knit me some more :rofl:
I dont think they are old fashioned at all, wool is timeless! I have knitted Theo wool hats, socks, cardies, jumpers.....I like that he wears hand made clothes made from natural materials and it looks cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->