odd smell to urine...

tcinks

Reaction score
So the past week or so I've noticed my urine has a funny smell. It didn't worry me too much but it has started to go on for a while. It didn't hurt to use the bathroom but I have been having some abdominal pains (but duh, I'm pregnant so that's to be expected). Anyway, called my doctor and they took a urine sample to check for uti. Thankfully it can back negative. I'm just wondering what else could cause this? :shrug: my doctor wasn't too concerned, but I don't like it!

Could be your prenatal? I know certain vitamins give my urine a funky smell. Or it could just be from all the changes going on in your body.

If you've been eating asparagus that'll do it! :) thought something was wrong with me years ago for that same reason and found out it was bc I was eating asparagus a few times a week!

Thank you ladies for your replies. :) Mushymilk, I have never thought about that before! That could be. Blushingbride, I do eat asparagus, maybe once a week. Could it still linger?

My prenatals give my urine a strong funky smell. I hate it!!!

It could be down to increased sense of smell and it's heightened the smell.

Could be your pre natal vits plus your new super power, pregnant lady sense of smell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->