oedema in feet and stomach, bp 131/90, protein in urine.

barack

expecting baby number 1
Reaction score
hi Ladies. Just been to the dr. had noticed green discharge which has turned out to be an infection:cry: but now on antibiotics
but my bp(Blood pressure ) was high 131/90 and my stomach was swollen.. oedema (sp) and my feet... like wen dr put doppler to listen to babies heartbeat the doppler left an indent that was quite bad.
gynae wasnt happy abt it and was thinking of giving me a c-section
this is my first baby and am dont know what to do
so help me make a decision coz she said she can do c-section on thurs
reasons being: slightly high bp, protein in urine.. oedema on the stomach, fetal movements are a bit reduced...
or should i try and wait till 41 weeks??:hugs::hugs:

I would do whatever your OB/Gyn has advised. Your symptoms sound like pre-e which is not a light thing to be messed around with. You are nearly 40 weeks anyway, what would be the outcome if you waited till 41 weeks? Would they still do a c section if you've hadt gone into natural labour. Why haven't they offered you the chance of induction if they are worried about your BP etc. I'd be asking more questions. I had pre-e in my previous pregnancy so PM if you like :)

i do whats safe for baby huni, I would have a section and then get back on your feet and you heal properly xxxxx

ladies please help me.
baby was also measuring 8.7lbs on the scan today
am also bothered coz my braxton hicks have reduced..

I would do whatever your OB/Gyn has advised. Your symptoms sound like pre-e which is not a light thing to be messed around with. You are nearly 40 weeks anyway, what would be the outcome if you waited till 41 weeks? Would they still do a c section if you've hadt gone into natural labour. Why haven't they offered you the chance of induction if they are worried about your BP etc. I'd be asking more questions. I had pre-e in my previous pregnancy so PM if you like :)

ob/gyn.. also was thinking of c- section but never mentioned induction. so OH wasnted seccond opinon so we will only be able to get that tomorrow.
waiting till 41 weeks was hoping maybe labour will start naturally...

i do whats safe for baby huni, I would have a section and then get back on your feet and you heal properly xxxxx

yes was thinking so too ,... better to be safe

Agree with Macmad! Why can't they just induce you? I had pre-e in my last pregnancy. They were going to induce me, but then they thought I had a blood clot in my lung so they did an emergency C-section. Anyway, they should be able to induce you before they automatically do a C-section. I wouldn't waste much time though. Pre-eclampsia sucks, and you don't want it to get any worse!

If baby is not moving as much, and you are worried go to L&D. You gotta do what is best for you and the baby. I'm sure your baby is okay, but YOU can get really ill from pre-e, and you don't want that either.

I would defo ask for induction before they talk about c section especially as your are 40 weeks in 1 day!! Baby is better out than in if you have onset of pre-e and natural labour will be much better recovery than c section. GL xx

yes was thinking so too ,... better to be safe

I know a c section sounds scary but putting your health and babys health first is priority and if a section means that baby will come healthy and you will be able to recover then that is what matters, Id go for the section huni xxxx

Also your dr might not have wanted to induce you due to you having an infection huni xxxx

Also your dr might not have wanted to induce you due to you having an infection huni xxxx

maybe that was the reason. i didnt ask to many questions coz i was soooo gutted.. and thinking of the infection it might be better i deliver my baby via c-section to avoid the infection hey...:wacko:

maybe that was the reason. i didnt ask to many questions coz i was soooo gutted.. and thinking of the infection it might be better i deliver my baby via c-section to avoid the infection hey...:wacko:
Do what is best huni, talk through it all and at keast you would know when baba is coming and be able to prepare properly xxxxx

am really getting worried as am noticing that my braxton hicks contractions seem to have disappered.. could it be anything to worry abt as well?? could it be linked to the bp.
todays reading was 144/89

The top number fluctuates with anxiety, so please try to stay as calm as possible. It hasn't gone up that much, so that is positive. Contractions are going to come and go, and it probably has nothing to do with your bp. Count movements, rest, and try not to worry. When is your next appointment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->