off and on period? is that normal?

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
Hi!

I took my IUD out a couple of months ago and have since had two fairly normal cycles. My cycles consist of a day of spotting, AF full force (I count that as CD 1) for a day or two, then a couple days of light bleeding. This last period I had, the spotting was so sparse I got my hopes up it was implantation bleeding. But the next day, I saw my temp drop and AF showed. She was much lighter. I haven't had to use any maxi or overnight pads, and I could have made due today and yesterday with liners only.

Now here is where things get weird. Yesterday (CD 3), my period came to screeching halt at lunch. Not spotting, no wiping old blood, nothing on my tampon. I wore pads the rest of the day just in case, but nothing. Then, I was laying in bed and I got this pain in my lower abdomen near my right ovary. I started bleeding. Just enough to fill a liner. Then it stopped completely again. An hour later, rinse and repeat. This morning, once more. This isn't cramping. This is pain.

I do have a bruised cervix according to my gyn. I went in on Wednesday to get it checked because of the pain and the weird bleed.

So my question is, is it normal to have your period stop and start again? I emailed my gyn, but I won't hear back until tomorrow. Not worth going to the ER since it has stopped once again. I'm deffo not pregnant. Taken my weight in pregnancy tests and she did an US on Wednesday. Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->