Off BC, need advice

SG714

Reaction score
This might be a little long but I want to know if anyone can give me tips, advice, or going through the same! So, I have been off birth control for about 2.5 weeks. Were not TTC but we also wouldn't be mad if we did get pregnant as we have been married over a year. When I was on BC I never got a period so there's no way to track any of that or ovulation etc. We have had unprotected sex since 3 times, he pulled out. Since then, I have been having a WEIRD heavy feeling almost swelled feeling in my abdomen, slight cramping, acne (getting off bc), super bloated (assum from getting off bc), the other day I went to the bathroom and TMI but felt the biggest glob of CM come out (so sorry this is so TMI!) and it was almost like half dried rubber cementer - ALOT of it. Now my nipples have been SO sensitive and I get light headed at random times during the day the past 2 weeks (unsure of this symptom). I am not unusually exhausted, not nauseaus but nothing EVER sounds good to eat (except mexican:winkwink:) anyways.... I'm not freaking myself into symptoms either. SO my question is... are all of these what you experience when coming off the pill? I've never had any of them before except bloating..... anything would help!

Now that I think about it... I think I took my last active pill about 3 weeks ago or so...

I wud say the only way to know is to test. Af symptoms mimic pregnancy ones so its likely to just be ur body gearing up for that but its always better to know for certain. How long after coming off pill did u bd unprotected? Have u had any bleed at all (even withdrawal) and if so when was it in relation to bd?

The chances of getting pregnant first time trying is slim but first time after immediately coming off bc is even less likely so I wudnt worry too much.

Would u consider yourself to be ntnp?

I have been BC-free for 6 days now, so I will be learning with you. :)
Could the glob of CM be OH's semen? It sounds like the consistency when it falls out for me sometimes. (Sorry, TMI.)

Hi I stopped bc a while ago and went through all these symptoms.I really convinced myself I was pregnant as the symptoms were so similar. I think its all the hormones changing and adapting.but I could be wrong. Bc is a nightmare and really plays tricks with your body x

It took me exactly 3 weeks from stopping BC to ovulate but everyone is different.

The CM sounds like the EWCM you get when you're at your most fertile so I would hazard a guess that you ovulated around then although I had textbook symptoms of ovulation this month and didn't at all so I'm only guessing. If your OH pulled out and did it correctly then I would say your chances of pregnancy are small, but wait another week or two and take a test, if only to put your mind at ease :)

Good luck! Have a read of Taking Charge of Your Fertility, it's a wonderful book about natural family planning methods (charting) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->